Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #433
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
A Coach can retool a QB's throwing mechanics and footwork and make a QB much more accurate. But that usually takes time and the player has to be willing to be coached.

Yes, adjustments that can improve accuracy, but not a fix for an inaccurate passer.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #434
Banned

OVR: 0

I could write a book but instead, I'll just say a few things.

1. Personally, I wouldnt have anyone coming out of retirement period. Instead, I would give you the option to convince a player not to retire ala Jordan Gross and Tony Gonzales. If they decline your offer, they're done. Since thats not going to happen, there should be a yes/no option for players and coaches coming out of retirement with the team that retired player/coach is going to, his age, contract offer, etc. This way, if see Ray Lewis coming out of retirement and going to a division rival or crappy team like the Jaguars, I can say no and keep his career, legacy and history withe the Ravens intact.

2. Instead of practice or learning the game of football or whatever, bring back mini-camp by blowing it up and calling it training camp instead with an included tutorial that has an on/off option. This way, everyone wins.

3. All I really want is for schemes to be 100% gone or for there to be an on/off option so the ratings on the roster menus match in-game.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:55 AM   #435
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

OVR: 0

In my opinion the last good Madden franchise mode was 2005. When they had the radio show, the news paper for every team (as well as national) and weekly game plans. It would also show the division record for each team in the beginning of the game. The older model was a more genuine simulation of what really happens in NFL. There's an issue with staff, is it me or do offensive, defensive or special teams coordinators not exist in recent versions of Madden? You use to be able to hire fire and promote staff. You could even hire someone's coordinator to be your head coach (like real life). Franchise needs to bring back these simple but key features. The season isn't very interactive at all. You don't really have a feel for who is having a breakout year or what type of team you're facing, there use to be a morale factor to the game; players complaining about not getting touches (like real life) they'd miss camp to do a movie or a holdout. There is nothing to offer other than playing thru seasons and roster management. I rather have those aspects of franchise back in Madden then gauntlet mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 07:06 AM   #436
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
A new age coach that believes in throwing 60 times a game.

Drew Bledsoe is coming out of retirement and becoming a coach?

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 07-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #437
MVP

OVR: 39

Still nothing new? WOW
Old 07-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #438
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNsinNatti
In my opinion the last good Madden franchise mode was 2005. When they had the radio show, the news paper for every team (as well as national) and weekly game plans. It would also show the division record for each team in the beginning of the game. The older model was a more genuine simulation of what really happens in NFL. There's an issue with staff, is it me or do offensive, defensive or special teams coordinators not exist in recent versions of Madden? You use to be able to hire fire and promote staff. You could even hire someone's coordinator to be your head coach (like real life). Franchise needs to bring back these simple but key features. The season isn't very interactive at all. You don't really have a feel for who is having a breakout year or what type of team you're facing, there use to be a morale factor to the game; players complaining about not getting touches (like real life) they'd miss camp to do a movie or a holdout. There is nothing to offer other than playing thru seasons and roster management. I rather have those aspects of franchise back in Madden then gauntlet mode.
AMEN BROTHA!! Madden 2005 was the peak for EA and then the Team blew the game up for "Next Gen" and Madden has been playing catch up ever since. I'm glad they are trying to improve game play, but dang man franchise mode sucks and that is my thing! Is EA even aware of their surroundings and the Madden fan's voices? It seems so simple but yet 9 games later still no where near the franchise it once was on the PS2. EA's Madden is always very underwhelming and so disappointing! I hope this year is better. haha! Sorry for the same old rant fellas.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #439
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Still nothing new? WOW
Should be getting some CFM info within a couple weeks.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #440
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedishogun
AMEN BROTHA!! Madden 2005 was the peak for EA and then the Team blew the game up for "Next Gen" and Madden has been playing catch up ever since. I'm glad they are trying to improve game play, but dang man franchise mode sucks and that is my thing! Is EA even aware of their surroundings and the Madden fan's voices? It seems so simple but yet 9 games later still no where near the franchise it once was on the PS2. EA's Madden is always very underwhelming and so disappointing! I hope this year is better. haha! Sorry for the same old rant fellas.
I agree with you. The game was getting better and better each version on the PS2 and then onto the PS3 it was a total disaster. A complete dump for years, before they started to climb back out of the hole. Last year was ok, but man, we're missing things that made the game better a decade ago!

I truely wonder if EA really knows how large percentage of their audience has been playing the game since the 90s (NES for me), and KNOWS that the game was once better off the field?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »