Home

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

This is a discussion on Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

ES:

Are you lumping Clint into the discussion or just Rex?

Here's the thing, ES, if you are just tweeting Rex, just based on the tweet above, Rex is pumping up competitive/Mut crowd. That crowd outnumbers the Sim crowd by tons on Twitter, so, you will find the ratio of Rex's answers competitive/MUT far outweigh vs Sim, by a lot. That's just the makeup of Twitter. When Rex was streaming in competitive last Saturday, the Twitter crowd was thanking him profusely for making a great game.

Clint answers most of the sim crowd answers and when I say most, I mean the questions that he answers on his timeline, not the one's that go unanswered.

And they can go unanswered for a myriad of reasoning. And they won't answer questions about every issue that comes up out of the blue. They may answer it when it becomes a situation where they are looking at it or investigating, but that means it's been brought up a lot on Twitter.

I would try to include Clint and Rex if you are going to continue to ask sim questions on Twitter.

I guess my point about your tweets vs my tweets, I'm guessing you tweeted either one of them more than I have the last few years.

Just don't get too discouraged by the developers not answering you, they don't answer a some of the questions I ask, but that doesn't discourage me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 02:08 PM   #26
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
ES:

Here's the thing, ES, if you are just tweeting Rex, just based on the tweet above, Rex is pumping up competitive/Mut crowd. That crowd outnumbers the Sim crowd by tons on Twitter, so, you will find the ratio of Rex's answers competitive/MUT far outweigh vs Sim, by a lot. That's just the makeup of Twitter. When Rex was streaming in competitive last Saturday, the Twitter crowd was thanking him profusely for making a great game.

Clint answers most of the sim crowd answers and when I say most, I mean the questions that he answers on his timeline, not the one's that go unanswered.

And they can go unanswered for a myriad of reasoning. And they won't answer questions about every issue that comes up out of the blue. They may answer it when it becomes a situation where they are looking at it or investigating, but that means it's been brought up a lot on Twitter.

I would try to include Clint and Rex if you are going to continue to ask sim questions on Twitter.

I guess my point about your tweets vs my tweets, I'm guessing you tweeted either one of them more than I have the last few years.

Just don't get too discouraged by the developers not answering you, they don't answer a some of the questions I ask, but that doesn't discourage me.
Yea it was mainly just Rex but yea I hear you regarding not getting discouraged. It's hard sometimes.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:00 PM   #27
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

OVR: 0

Seems to me like it's fun to be EA Rock Stars and go to launch parties and have your face everywhere.

But then they don't want the flip side of being that transparent.

"HEY GUYS THE GAMES ALMOST HERE ISNT IT AWESOME IM PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW"

"Oh. The game is messed up? Why are you talking to me about it?"

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-30-2017, 04:06 PM   #28
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
ES:

I've seen that a lot as well in following his Twitter. He plays MUT a lot, engages with that crowd. I've just started to become resigned to the fact that we are no longer the core demo anymore. The MUT and competitive guys have become the audience they most want to engage with and cater to. That's from what I've seen on Twitter and the amount of effort they have put into the different modes in the game.

Based on that I don't expect the same direct answers on CFM, gameplay issues, or tuning that predominantly affect the offline SIM crowd.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:27 PM   #29
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

A good follow besides the developers for updates are sim are @simfballcritic and @shopmaster. They both tweet regularly and have info that developers may have answered or discussed that may have not been seen by a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 05:17 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea it was mainly just Rex but yea I hear you regarding not getting discouraged. It's hard sometimes.
Here's a tweet you might want to remember:

Old 08-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #31
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Yet people that have been at OS for 10-15 years have been asking the same questions for years...and they have been ignored. Over and over and over.

Are some people jerks about the way they ask? Of course. But many are not and most of the interviews during the annual hype train are filled with softball questions about upcoming features because YouTubers and websites need access to the devs and the devs need to make the YouTubers happy. It's a silly game. Both are scared to death of making the other one upset.

People have been asking about Gameplans, horrific QB AI, and playcalling for at least 5 years. Well here we are in 2017 and God forbid anyone ask about that. It's been ignored since Madden 11. Can someone please ask nicely...WHY??? How about WHY do the CPU receivers run out of bounds without a defender in the same zip code? WHY am I still asking the same questions in 2017 that I was in 2010?? Give me a freaking break.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 05:21 PM   #32
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This is not at all directed at anyone...

To be frank. I also think some of the issues are how people ask questions. The best questions EVER could be completely undermined because of how people go about asking them. Two examples:

Example 1: QB AI is broken. They just stand in the pocket all the time and take sacks left and right. When will this be fixed?

Example 2: We noted that conservative force pass and balanced force pass in CFM don't jive with main menu rosters and appear to be backwards. Has this been noted?

Which question would you answer if you were a dev?

Agree.

But here is the straw that broke the camels back for me and why I will not purchase another edition of Madden till far after launch (if at all) once I get confirmation that the CPU AI and QB AI has been overhauled.

We told them for 9 straight months after 17's release about shoddy CPU AI and QB AI.

We told them for 9 straight months about the CPU punt glitch when they punt into a 10mph wind and it goes 15-20 yards straight up in the air.

Madden 18 release.

Both bugs are all over the place.

They did not bother at all with two massive issues that were reported the entire cycle of Madden 17

That sends me a strong message.

We are dinosaurs and being swept under the rug.

No problem. I will talk with my wallet next cycle.

It's a shame because inside here is a heck of game and with a little effort the AI can be fixed.

But it wasn't.

It is by far the worst sports game AI out of the big sports titles.

Bar none.

And we sit around and put our minds together and come up with workarounds because of our sports gaming passion.

But let's not fool ourselves. We are not a priority and it is clear as day this year with the release of 18 in the state it is in.

Bad CPU QB AI
Bugged traits
Bugged punting by the CPU into the wind
CPU kicking 60 plus yard FGs all the time.

Come on.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
God of War Ragnorok (PS5)
Red Dead Redemption (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-30-2017 at 05:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »