Home

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

This is a discussion on Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-31-2017, 12:32 AM   #49
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I really hope the Rex and co. don't believe that the reason the QB's standing around like statues is cause the pass rush isn't good enough. I'm pretty sure you were being facetious but I worry that they really think this lol.

3s or less in the pocket would be pretty sim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-31-2017, 02:50 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Well I spoke with my wallet from 2001 to 2015 but I don't think it helped. I finally broke down and bought Madden 14 used on PS3. I had a decent time. Some of the funniest glitches I've ever seen but I enjoyed the season.

Video games are all about the online experience now. We practically live online now. It's not for me as I prefer offline but I realize I'm part of the minority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2017, 07:42 AM   #51
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

They’ve been saying they’ll “look into” the CPU QB AI for 2+ years now.

They had it on the right track with Madden 16 and then completely reverted it back to what we have with a patch during that games release.

They couldn’t even let us go an entire game cycle with decent/realistic QB play.

We still have this mess from the AI on the offensive side of the ball, and it will be like this the entire cycle of Madden 18, and tbh, probably 19.

I don’t believe they’re looking into it. I believe they know exactly how it is, and they’re keeping it just that way. God forbid QBs have any sort of awareness, god forbid starting QBs above a 79 overall don’t complete 90-100% of their passes every game while still being sacked 7 times.

I mean come on. They’re “looking into it”. How many times are we going to take that line and be content with it? The offline portion of this game is a joke.

From all the missed extra points, to your team always being the most dominant defensive team in the league when you super sim games, etc. it’s just nonsense.

Like A&S said, I need to see evidence of a complete QB overhaul, and some sort of evidence that they even touch CFM before I give them another penny.

I keep hearing how dedicated this Madden team is to sim football, I’m still waiting to see that in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 07:54 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
They’ve been saying they’ll “look into” the CPU QB AI for 2+ years now.

They had it on the right track with Madden 16 and then completely reverted it back to what we have with a patch during that games release.

They couldn’t even let us go an entire game cycle with decent/realistic QB play.

We still have this mess from the AI on the offensive side of the ball, and it will be like this the entire cycle of Madden 18, and tbh, probably 19.

I don’t believe they’re looking into it. I believe they know exactly how it is, and they’re keeping it just that way. God forbid QBs have any sort of awareness, god forbid starting QBs above a 79 overall don’t complete 90-100% of their passes every game while still being sacked 7 times.

I mean come on. They’re “looking into it”. How many times are we going to take that line and be content with it? The offline portion of this game is a joke.

From all the missed extra points, to your team always being the most dominant defensive team in the league when you super sim games, etc. it’s just nonsense.

Like A&S said, I need to see evidence of a complete QB overhaul, and some sort of evidence that they even touch CFM before I give them another penny.

I keep hearing how dedicated this Madden team is to sim football, I’m still waiting to see that in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I agree wholeheartedly.
I had my doubts, but was mostly quiet, when I saw Rex posting "sim" gameplay stats using 6 MINUTE QUARTERS, but the stats equalled those of a 15 minute quarters game. How is that considered sim???
So, I assume we'd be forced to run with 6 minute quarters to get anything near realistic.
I've lost patience, and think all the sim game talk is just that...talk! I no longer believe we will ever have anything close to what we envisioned...and I won't be buying Madden this year. It's a shame, really.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2017, 08:12 AM   #53
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, they ignore sim a ton, man.

any news on tuning cpu qb logic and qb traits? Lengthy forum about it on operation sports

Clint:

no news. Investigating. We'll keep you posted if something happens.

John White also said today they will look into it.

2 of the 3 developers mentioned they are investigating and looking into it.
Roadman....I typically agree with you on most things Madden.

But I am sorry......I have been hearing "looking into this” Since Madden 17 when we first started seeing the QB AI take a turn for worse after such great progress on 16.

And what about the CPU Punting bug.....something that as well known last cycle.

Again

No excuses.
God of War Ragnorok (PS5)
Red Dead Redemption (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-31-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:59 AM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

But I am sorry......I have been hearing "looking into this” Since Madden 17 when we first started seeing the QB AI take a turn for worse after such great progress on 16.

Again

No excuses.
Just the messenger here, A & S.

I'm waiting to see how they address these issues this year. I haven't had the game a week, yet.

Plus, you've seen Sim up in the slider area asking for information to give to the developers. It would be great if you could voice your concerns in that thread as a dedicated slider maker. Sim has the developers ear.

Obviously, the QB and punting issues took a backseat/lack of priority to other issues.

Here's another message from Rex from a poster on Twitter:

is it me or does the qb not release and hold the ball too long

Not just you. Team is looking into this issue, think it may be related to traits.

3 different developers have answered in the last 24 hours, Rex with a more detailed answer. I'd say that is least encouraging vs investigating or looking into it. Now, we wait and see what comes of this.

Last edited by roadman; 08-31-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:04 AM   #55
Rookie

To answer the title of the thread...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 09:29 AM   #56
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
If anyone beleives that, I have nice bridge to Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

Again

No excuses.
Agree big time. The "looking into it" line is pretty insulting at this point.

The QB AI and Punting glitch (false start glitch too, sack totals in sim engine too, etc.) these are all things they have "looked into" and in some cases even patched at one point.... and.... they're baaaaack! Same old issues and glitches, same old tired excuses and "things being looked into."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
To answer the title of the thread...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
This hits the nail on the head. If I had an exclusive license that allowed me to have a monopoly and I could make millions recycling the same stuff and ignoring my customers, I'd do it too... I hate to say it, but I'd treat all you peons the same exact way and I'd laugh all the way to bank.

Is it shameful? Despicable? Sure... but think of all that MOOOOOLA!!!

For the last 3 cycles I have waited a few weeks and I find a used copy within a few weeks of release each year. I strongly recommend anyone and everyone avoid buying a new copy of Madden. It usually takes 3-6 weeks for the first decent patch anyways, so why not just wait? Buy used people! Dont give them sales! Dont be sheep!

Used copy sales dont generate revenue for EA since it is a 3rd party sale.

EA has not received my $$$ in at least 3 years, and they never will again.

I used to love playing Madden on release day and always bought a new copy pre-order. But they have changed me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »