Home

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

This is a discussion on Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #33
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Here's a tweet you might want to remember:

I mean Jay come on, that tweet was 8 years ago dude back when the 2008 Madden version was excellent. It was also a totally different team I believe. That was also when Josh Looman and his guys created NFL Head Coach 09, one of the greatest sports games ever.

Video game football was great back then. Like, remember the last time you had a REALLY good steak in a REALLY nice restaurant. That good steak was video game football back then my man.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 08-30-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:33 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I mean Jay come on, that tweet was 8 years ago dude back when the 2008 Madden version was excellent. It was also a totally different team I believe. That was also when Josh Looman and his guys created NFL Head Coach 09, one of the greatest sports games ever.

Video game football was great back then. Like, remember the last time you had a REALLY good steak in a REALLY nice restaurant. That good steak was video game football back then my man.
For the record, I thought Madden 08 was crap. So I played something else. I didn't demand them to change anything. The only Madden games since the 90's I thought were worth the money were M10, and the last four games. Otherwise, I never felt like the game was designed for me. So I skipped it and enjoyed the NHL series, which saw its resurgence around that time, and other games.

I get why some folks are upset. But I don't care about what devs for any game says. All that matters is what they do. I never pretended that Madden was a sim, because it never was. I don't care about advertising, PR, or tweets from devs. It's a video game meant to appeal to 10-year-olds and 50-year-olds. Fun is more important than realism.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:00 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Agree.

But here is the straw that broke the camels back for me and why I will not purchase another edition of Madden till far after launch (if at all) once I get confirmation that the CPU AI and QB AI has been overhauled.

We told them for 9 straight months after 17's release about shoddy CPU AI and QB AI.

We told them for 9 straight months about the CPU punt glitch when they punt into a 10mph wind and it goes 15-20 yards straight up in the air.

Madden 18 release.

Both bugs are all over the place.

They did not bother at all with two massive issues that were reported the entire cycle of Madden 17

That sends me a strong message.

We are dinosaurs and being swept under the rug.

No problem. I will talk with my wallet next cycle.

It's a shame because inside here is a heck of game and with a little effort the AI can be fixed.

But it wasn't.

It is by far the worst sports game AI out of the big sports titles.

Bar none.

And we sit around and put our minds together and come up with workarounds because of our sports gaming passion.

But let's not fool ourselves. We are not a priority and it is clear as day this year with the release of 18 in the state it is in.

Bad CPU QB AI
Bugged traits
Bugged punting by the CPU into the wind
CPU kicking 60 plus yard FGs all the time.

Come on.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
This says exactly how I feel.
My level of frustration has finally boiled over, and apparently, so has several other customers.
We have become forgotten more and more these past few years, until we're no longer worthy of getting even a bone thrown our way.
MUT and competitive put money in EAs pocket AFTER people purchase the initial game, so they're fawned over and heard.
Our $60 is no longer important enough for them to even acknowledge or fix long-standing issues with the mode we play...we are simply ignored, or treated as though we're unreasonable in our expectations of what a football video game should be. I didn't buy this year, and barring a miracle patch that fixes the myriad of issues we know exist, I won't in the foreseeable future, either.
I'm glad for those who play MUST and h2h online...I unfortunately don't. I think both those modes suck.
I'm strictly single player CFM, usually offline since i had to delete my last online CFM because I couldn't log into EAs ****ty servers for over a week.
So, I'm in the forgotten era of people who've purchased Madden since it's inception. MOST of the MUT and competitive players are younger and have never touched the older Madden games.
To leave us totally out in the cold sucks, because we supported you longer than most. But, it is what it is. I just wish we had other choices for an NFL game!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 08:15 PM   #36
Banned

I'm 49 and started playing Madden in like 92 or so. I play MUT because it is a fantastic mode. Sure, I'd like a good sim game. But there was never a time in my entire life that I considered Madden a sim. I only became a console sports gamer once Sierra killed off FBPro and BBPro.

We are in the age of simcade sports. It's actually pretty great for most gamers. Not surprised that EA ignores those that refuse to see that the times have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 08:33 PM   #37
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

For all the sim offline gamers out there that are burned by madden 18....try madden 16.

The gameplay is significantly much better than 18, and there is a roster available thats up to date as of august 20. Look up paranormalgamer on PS4

Qb Ai is amazing, the scramblers scramble and the pocket passers throw away. No statue sacks, coverage sacks but it's authentic.

Zone defense is not broken and high rated teams and players matter.

I just re- downloaded madden 16 after being so frustrated by 18.

Ive been playing nonstop since 3 days ago.

The drawback is that the CFM mode is broken due to the xp issue, but the gameplay vs the cpu is ummatched. I can go on and on about the gameplay.

Yes the grfx arent on par with 18 and the announcing isnt as good, but those are your side dishes. The steak is what really matters....madden 18 is ground beef and 16 is fillet mignon.

You gotta give it a try since the last patch/tuner for madden 16 made the gameplay even better.

You can try that or hope for an unlikely fix for 18. The writing is on the wall, cpu ai is not the dev teams priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #38
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I'm 49 and started playing Madden in like 92 or so. I play MUT because it is a fantastic mode. Sure, I'd like a good sim game. But there was never a time in my entire life that I considered Madden a sim. I only became a console sports gamer once Sierra killed off FBPro and BBPro.

We are in the age of simcade sports. It's actually pretty great for most gamers. Not surprised that EA ignores those that refuse to see that the times have changed.

I have been playing Madden since 1990 as well.

I have always known it is simcade.....since day one. No excuse for the crappy QB AI and a punt issue bug that was never fixed from last years game. To say “hey we got 3 different modes” and not even touch Simulation to function properly...come on.

This is reaching. I know I am not asking for the world to get QB AI playing better. I mean go play NCAA 14......it;s freaking night and day the QB AI.....and that was last gen!!!

No excuses.
God of War Ragnorok (PS5)
Red Dead Redemption (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-30-2017, 08:41 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, they ignore sim a ton, man.

any news on tuning cpu qb logic and qb traits? Lengthy forum about it on operation sports

Clint:

no news. Investigating. We'll keep you posted if something happens.

John White also said today they will look into it.

2 of the 3 developers mentioned they are investigating and looking into it.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:07 PM   #40
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have been playing Madden since 1990 as well.

I have always known it is simcade.....since day one. No excuse for the crappy QB AI and a punt issue bug that was never fixed from last years game. To say “hey we got 3 different modes” and not even touch Simulation to function properly...come on.

This is reaching. I know I am not asking for the world to get QB AI playing better. I mean go play NCAA 14......it;s freaking night and day the QB AI.....and that was last gen!!!

No excuses.

As a sliders and numbers guy you know they follow the data.

I agree withholding retail $60 is definitely an effective way to make a point with them. The other other I can think of is gameplay data. Hours spent playing, playing online, games played, $ spent( if MUT)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »