Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 10:41 AM   #289
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
There was more to that post and subsequent posts that explain the issue is the foundation Madden is built on and the compounding effects related to it.
Oh please, more excuses why Madden can't advance while other games in the same Genre can.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #290
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
To be fair, I think they're now on a continuous development model that aims for updates beyond the 30 or 60 day mark, so while I agree that the critique of their lack of early tuning for specific game modes is legitimate because we've yet to see anything substantial, I'd also say that it's probably too early to indict EA on the charge of not developing these modes as promised.

Given what Rex said publicly about the ability to tune sim mode separately this year being a major boon for the sim community, I'd have to think he knows he'll get railed by the sim community all this year and at launch next year if he fails to deliver on that promise. I don't know how one could market future games to the sim community with a straight face if this promise were not followed through on. I'm sure they get that.

Something I hope they do is come meet the sim community where it's at--i.e., here on OS. I don't want to have be on Twitter nagging the devs incessantly in 140-character tweets. I'd like to see us present our ideas long-form, in threads like Deuce's or like this thread, and have the devs use these forums as a space for learning what the sim community wants for sim mode. I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but it seems to me that the work done here might not be reaching the intended audience because they're paying attention to other media used by different segments of their market.

That makes me sound like a Luddite crank, but oh well
They're not coming here...been deathly quiet most of this development cycle and even more so since release.
Twitter's safer because of the character limit. Can't do much in depth critiquing or any bashing since you're trying to get a problem addressed in few words.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #291
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I think for all the heat CFM guys like to give MUT, the MUT team has done a much better job going after the User vs CPU player as far as content and support. They have created a whole line of content for those people who don't want to play users inside their mode and it is rewarding and interesting. I am going to be talking with Jake Stein soon about this as I think they have a really good approach to this issue.
So user v CPU is improved becasuse, while the AI itself is junk, there's more blinky blinky content? This is what's wrong with EA now. They substitute fluff for substance.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #292
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Oh please, more excuses why Madden can't advance while other games in the same Genre can.
This.
I'm so tired of the old code excuse.
Wtf does that have to do with us??? EA is the one who created this problem...we don't have to accept this excuse.
If the problem the last, what, 13 years now, is the foundation of the game being a mess, THEN FIX IT.
put the time, money and people into starting a new game from scratch. God knows they've made more than enough money off us to be able to do just that.
I'm sorry, but I don't buy ANY of these excuses anymore. And those that continue to defend them are the reason it isn't ever fixed!

Old 09-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #293
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
This.
I'm so tired of the old code excuse.
Wtf does that have to do with us??? EA is the one who created this problem...we don't have to accept this excuse.
If the problem the last, what, 13 years now, is the foundation of the game being a mess, THEN FIX IT.
put the time, money and people into starting a new game from scratch. God knows they've made more than enough money off us to be able to do just that.
I'm sorry, but I don't buy ANY of these excuses anymore. And those that continue to defend them are the reason it isn't ever fixed!

Thats just wrong.

Even Rex and his team have told us that the Marketing and Exec's are the one behind all the decisions.

Its all about money. They took people from the Madden team to work on another game, which from what I understand is light years behind that other company we wont mention.

Defending them, especially here, where they dont ever come, doesnt do anything.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #294
Rookie

Sadly, I recently went back to Madden 08 on PC with all the mods. It's sad how far this game has fallen over the last decade.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #295
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
So user v CPU is improved becasuse, while the AI itself is junk, there's more blinky blinky content? This is what's wrong with EA now. They substitute fluff for substance.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!
The MUT team isn't over gameplay, they don't have any say in what is actually happening on the field. The MUT team and the CFM team are over the modes that use game play, not the way the game plays in their modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #296
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Thats just wrong.

Even Rex and his team have told us that the Marketing and Exec's are the one behind all the decisions.

Its all about money. They took people from the Madden team to work on another game, which from what I understand is light years behind that other company we wont mention.

Defending them, especially here, where they dont ever come, doesnt do anything.
Defending them by continuing to buy the game, and giving them PASSES year after year DOES greatly affect their decisions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »