Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2017, 02:11 PM   #57
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
They don't have to make a basketball game comparable to 2k. They are just making a basketball game to be on the shelf and be cometitive in packaging. They will get plenty of sales just from that without making a game anywhere near the class from unknowing customers. With madden, they dont have a competitor by design so they have to put forth little effort to make money. You don't get to come back with a game for the solo offline guys again where punts go 90 yards and qb's rarely run the ball which were the two biggest issues last year and get to pretend to give a ****. They do not care in any meaningful way. Caring requires action. unless your a toddler or infant your actions show how much you care. EA cares about maximizing profit. When competition is taken out of the equation on how to do that consumers always get screwed.
Yeah it really shows the power that the NFL and EA have over us the consumer, being able to monopolize video game football as they have.

And even if some sort of case was brought against the NFL and EA it would have to be by someone very, very rich with really, really good lawyers to stand any chance of even making it to court.

Then it would get to court and the government would be like "Wait, this is about video games? Yeah throw it out. Next."
Old 09-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yeah it really shows the power that the NFL and EA have over us the consumer, being able to monopolize video game football as they have.

And even if some sort of case was brought against the NFL and EA it would have to be by someone very, very rich with really, really good lawyers to stand any chance of even making it to court.

Then it would get to court and the government would be like "Wait, this is about video games? Yeah throw it out. Next."

Any lawsuit would fail. They have a licensing agreement which is perfectly legal. They cant prevent anybody from makkng a football game, only an nfl game. Just because no other major developer believes they can make a profitable football game without using the nfl EA and the nfl are not responsible for that.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #59
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

What i don't understand is why CFM gotten so superficial and heartless ?

I played madden alot in PS2 era and madden 08 on PC with mods. Back in that time the franchise mode was really good (compared to it's time)

What happened in the last years? What happened to Tiburon Studios? Why they cut out good features?

Last edited by Fredette; 09-12-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredette
What i don't understand is why CFM gotten so superficial and heartless ?

I played madden alot in PS2 era and madden 08 on PC with mods. Back in that time the franchise mode was really good (compared to it's time)

What happened in the last years? Why they cut out good features? What happened to Tiburon Studios?
You are asking what happened to the franchise mode since the PS2 era, when online modes began giving EA more and more data about what their customers were doing with their games, what they spent the most time on, what they spent time on before losing interest and moving on?

Suddenly, the masses were getting their voices heard over the vocal minority of sim gamers, that's what.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #61
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Any lawsuit would fail. They have a licensing agreement which is perfectly legal. They cant prevent anybody from makkng a football game, only an nfl game. Just because no other major developer believes they can make a profitable football game without using the nfl EA and the nfl are not responsible for that.
And a NFL Video Game Product, made by only ONE company, where no one else can make said product, is a monopoly and is definitely the fault of EA and NFL working together.

Its not illegal, so a court case would never get anywhere. Though Im sure someone rich enough could at least get heard. It would come to nothing.

And theres nothing we the consumers, who are screwed by no competition with this product, can do about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I think you are mixing up multiple responses here. Resource allocation is in regards to how much work will be done towards CFM improvements in 19. Vision wise what Crimson laid out has not be told to me by any of my contacts at EA. Could it happen, sure anything is possible, however that is counter intuitive to what I have heard from some conversations. I will say if that happens, my belief is there would be a lot of turnover inside of the CFM development team.
I'm not mixing up anything. Below is your post. You specifically mention the "road map laid out by crimson of doom and gloom". How does that quote below not tie your response of resource allocation to crimson's "road map"?

But thanks for being more clear and specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I'm not commenting on Live because the info I have on that is limited. I am simply stating the "road map" laid out by crimson of doom and gloom isn't something I have heard from people on the inside. Maybe he has better connections then me, but from what I hear they are optimistic about resource allocation heading in to 19. That can all change when they hit the "big decision" meetings here soon.

Last edited by bucky60; 09-12-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I'm not mixing up anything. Below is your post. You specifically mention the "road map laid out by crimson of doom and gloom". How does that quote below not tie your response of resource allocation to crimson's "road map"?

I apologize , I was the one looking at one of my other responses apparently because that wasn't the one I was thinking about when I responded to you.

I do not believe CFM is heading towards an episodic approach as Crimson stated. Again, he could have better sources, everything I have heard tells me they want to deliver a better and more immersive franchise mode. That could all change in the next month or two, but that seems to be the thought at this point.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60

I apologize then I was looking at a different response. Again, I am hearing nothing like what Crimson said as to an episodic approach. There is no both being right in this situation, either he knows people that know something different, or he is simply basing it off his own feelings. The vibe I am getting in general is a positive move forward in both vision and allocation of resources. As I said that could all change in the next month or two, but thats what I am hearing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »