Home

Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2018, 10:08 AM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

Memories for sure!
Old 05-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #178
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
ftfy

Anyway, yes, that's why I said there'd have to be some genius out there to figure out some way.

If my email campaign about the 49ers helmets made any difference, the fact is compiling the evidence was as easy as screen capping, and the argument that it was failing to represent the brand, while not particularly huge, was pretty easy to make.

That was child's play in comparison to this issue.

Hence the need for some mythical genius. Especially since MUT probably helps player brand... My only point was that IF you could make a good, evidence based argument, EA isn't the only place you could voice your concern. The NFLPA, various NFL teams, and many other options are available. I know, because I spent forever tracking those contacts down back in 2013 until I got that response from Carl Francis.
At the end of the day, was all the time invested with emails worth it to get your teams helmets correct? Just asking.

Even with Equiptguru at the helm, not every detail regarding player unis, headgear or equipment is able to make it in the game on a yearly basis.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:30 PM   #179
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Saying these game are competition to EA is like saying the CFL is competition to the NFL. They are both football, but the NFL doesn't think twice about the CFL and what they are doing.

Please read what i actually said :

" I really hope people will support those two games and help them gain more money to continue improving. They are the closest things to competition EA has had in a long time, and competition is the only other thing that will move EA to do more."

I did not say they are competition right now. But that i hope people will support them so they can continue to improve and in the future be something that spurns EA to have to do more because they are "the closest things to competition EA has had in a long time" .

If people like how much focus they actually put on franchise, it can turn people off from buying madden if they continue to just give CFM driblets .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-08-2018, 08:55 PM   #180
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
They are the closest things to competition EA has had in a long time, and competition is the only other thing that will move EA to do more.
They aren't competition at all is my point, not now and not in the future....the same way the CFL isn't. To think they will drive change at EA through "competition" is not happening. The only way they will have competition is by a big time studio with big time pockets to deliver comparable graphics and game play.

Now to be fair, supporting indie developers is a great thing. I just wouldn't ever compare the two at all because it's just never going to be a fair comparison.

Last edited by T4VERTS; 05-08-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:29 AM   #181
Banned

I am glad hes gone. When a brand new game is still being compared to a game made 14 years and 2 hardware generations ago there is a problem. Yeah he is not the only problem, there are many that make this game that fall into that category. In fact it would not bother me one bit if they fired the entire team and blew up the building they worked in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 01:42 AM   #182
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
They aren't competition at all is my point, not now and not in the future....the same way the CFL isn't. To think they will drive change at EA through "competition" is not happening. The only way they will have competition is by a big time studio with big time pockets to deliver comparable graphics and game play.

Now to be fair, supporting indie developers is a great thing. I just wouldn't ever compare the two at all because it's just never going to be a fair comparison.
To be fair though, we’re basically playing last Gen gameplay with a few additional animations, but the exact same problematic AI issues that’s span well over 10+ years.

From the way things are looking and sounding, CFM will not get its due focus once again, of which EA will have officially pushed this gamer towards investing and trying any other football game that’s released.

That game might not be at the graphical level of Madden, but if they can present a foundation that shows that gameplay and Franchise Play is the focus of their design, I (and I suspect many other CFM/Offline gamers that feel they’ve been taken for granted) have no problem giving them the time needed to get their build up to today’s desired standard.
- after all, we supported Madden Franchise baby crawl throughout an entire console generation

I’m an Offline Franchise gamer and really expected Madden Franchise to get up to par with the other sports games in the genre when Xbox One dropped, yet it still hasn’t happened.

I don’t want another developer to release a football game to push Madden to improve, I simply want to play a football game that’s not Madden with its old code hindering/driving so much of what can’t be done.

Listening and talking to Rex at EA Play got me hyped about the guys vision/plan going forth.
Him talking about the ability to utilize mechanisms from their other games along with the gameplay that we played, I was like man, finally!!!

Now that that voice/ideology is no longer there, along with how the gameplay was so easily rendered into something totally different/not fun, competition is not what I’m looking for.

Really any football game other than Madden is where I’m at now, no matter how much in it’s infancy it may be at.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:55 AM   #183
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
To be fair though, we’re basically playing last Gen gameplay with a few additional animations, but the exact same problematic AI issues that’s span well over 10+ years.

From the way things are looking and sounding, CFM will not get its due focus once again, of which EA will have officially pushed this gamer towards investing and trying any other football game that’s released.

That game might not be at the graphical level of Madden, but if they can present a foundation that shows that gameplay and Franchise Play is the focus of their design, I (and I suspect many other CFM/Offline gamers that feel they’ve been taken for granted) have no problem giving them the time needed to get their build up to today’s desired standard.
- after all, we supported Madden Franchise baby crawl throughout an entire console generation

I’m an Offline Franchise gamer and really expected Madden Franchise to get up to par with the other sports games in the genre when Xbox One dropped, yet it still hasn’t happened.

I don’t want another developer to release a football game to push Madden to improve, I simply want to play a football game that’s not Madden with its old code hindering/driving so much of what can’t be done.

Listening and talking to Rex at EA Play got me hyped about the guys vision/plan going forth.
Him talking about the ability to utilize mechanisms from their other games along with the gameplay that we played, I was like man, finally!!!

Now that that voice/ideology is no longer there, along with how the gameplay was so easily rendered into something totally different/not fun, competition is not what I’m looking for.

Really any football game other than Madden is where I’m at now, no matter how much in it’s infancy it may be at.
Yeah I'm 100% down with this. I don't care if it's all fictitious players and teams, just give me good gameplay and a good franchise mode. In a perfect world it would be a college game, but I'd be perfectly happy with a pro game
Old 05-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #184
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Yeah I'm 100% down with this. I don't care if it's all fictitious players and teams, just give me good gameplay and a good franchise mode. In a perfect world it would be a college game, but I'd be perfectly happy with a pro game
A college game would be incredible. NCAA 14 has garbage graphics and it is like $60 used lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »