Home

Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #193
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

I dont want to dog a group of guys, who Im sure work very hard---probably harder than most of us could even comprehend, Rex included in that, and they seem pretty passionate. It seems like one of the main issues other than leadership, is generally talent in terms of developing the game, and the components that go into it. This game is 20 something years old and it seems like the team struggles. The reason we still compare this game to a 15 year old game is simply because that was a well made game. You played the game and thought, i am playing a complete game, by people who know what they are doing.

Madden on the other hand has always come with a sales pitch, or misleading trailer, and alot of issues are hidden or masked or "pushed off till next year" it just seems like theyve never been able to pull it together. Its a shame really as the NFL is such a huge piece of daily life here in the US. I play other games and always think "this is the type of expertise the NFL deserves to have make their game. "
Old 05-11-2018, 06:37 AM   #194
Banned

OVR: 0

I just wish a prospect in NFL draft would say Madden is garbage and needs a competitor during an interview on Draft Day. Maybe that would get EA to care, doubtful though lol
Old 05-11-2018, 07:50 PM   #195
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

Seems like M19 and future iterations are going to push more and more into eSports, and away from franchise modes and single player modes. There will be new features like Long Shot was, which is just to grab casuals, and turn them into MUT players.

EA's own corporate direction is stressing more MUT and eSports for all their sporting titles, even non-sporting titles. From a gameplay perspective, that means Madden will be built around things that help the competitive community, and away from the simulation community. There'll be less "Football" aspects in the game, and more "eSports" aspects. Adjustments, interplay between blitzing and blocking, ball-carrying features, passing and catching dynamics. Attack and counter-attack, built-in button configurations, and so on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2018, 10:28 PM   #196
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
I just wish a prospect in NFL draft would say Madden is garbage and needs a competitor during an interview on Draft Day. Maybe that would get EA to care, doubtful though lol

Haha...no ephing way...that prospect would lose every.single.endorsement.opportunity from that day forward.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2018, 10:36 PM   #197
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Haha...no ephing way...that prospect would lose every.single.endorsement.opportunity from that day forward.....

And they don't even really know/remember any different anyway. These draftees were like 7-8 years old the last time 2k released an NFL game.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:51 PM   #198
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
And they don't even really know/remember any different anyway. These draftees were like 7-8 years old the last time 2k released an NFL game.
I'm same age as these draftees. I still remember being blown away by NFL 2k5 when I moved into my new house and finally got the PS2. Blown away by Chris Berman ESPN weekly sports recap, crib mode, helmet view and franchise. Too young to notice impact on gameplay but that game was full of amazing features. Same goes for Madden on PS2 era. Football games have regressed badly
Old 05-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #199
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

No they wouldn't, they would only be trashing EA sports. It be equivalent of Nike sponsored player trashing Adidas. They would only lose opportunity of being on cover of Madden
Old 05-11-2018, 11:04 PM   #200

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
I'm same age as these draftees. I still remember being blown away by NFL 2k5 when I moved into my new house and finally got the PS2. Blown away by Chris Berman ESPN weekly sports recap, crib mode, helmet view and franchise. Too young to notice impact on gameplay but that game was full of amazing features. Same goes for Madden on PS2 era. Football games have regressed badly
Ps2 wasn't released until 2000. Best case scenario, making a case that you could remember a game from when you were 5 (a stretch) you are now 23 which is not the same age of these draftees.

Also, I can see the birthday you used to register. The year you were born in is not close to the year of this years draftees. (But you know this already).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »