Home

Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

This is a discussion on Top Five Franchise wants for M20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2018, 02:55 AM   #33
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

I would like a radio show, like they had with the Tony Bruno show in madden 05 I think it was.
https://youtube.com/@GamingEntertain...m6O_Ib1XywTMwF
---------------------------------------------

Old 08-10-2018, 07:53 AM   #34
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

1) Being able to switch sides mid game in cfm
2) coaching carousel for NCAA
3) better player cards/better stat keeping
4) better AI roster evaluation
5) better contract AI

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2018, 09:08 PM   #35
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Sorry if any of these points have already be hit on multiple times, but here's my wishes:

1. Position Coaches/Coordinators - My top choice simply because it'll trickle down to my other points. Position coaches is a singular feature that can add so much to the Franchise experience. The current staff needs an overhaul.

2. Stretched Ratings - The quickest way to improve Franchise mode. Currently the scheme-fit system is a bit underutilized due to how inflated ratings are. There is no reason to care too much about scheme fits when a players ratings hover around the same range. Some players, the elite, can thrive in any system. Most do not. Stretching the ratings and making players competent in only a few areas is a start.

3. Schemes - Throw away the locked scheme-fit system and use the position coaches. Each coach favors a certain type of player, so it's not only about hiring the best coach, but also the best fit.

4. Progression - XP go bye bye. Come in position coaches. Make them matter, make them important. Each coach's focus area relates to regression. Your RB Coach favors elusive backs, therefore backs have a higher chance progress in this area. Progression should still be a bit unknown, but coaches should have some influence.

5. Scouting - Simplify it and make it deeper. Currently it is shallow and tedious. Most NFL teams have roughly the same information, so no need to pick every player you want to scout. Instead focus on the Offseason. Combine interviews, Pro Days, Personal Workouts. This is where you can focus on players and find out some possible new information. Oh yeah, remember those position coaches/coordinators? Yeah, they'll be leaning over your shoulder on draft day telling you what guy THEY want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #36
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Sorry if any of these points have already be hit on multiple times, but here's my wishes:

1. Position Coaches/Coordinators - My top choice simply because it'll trickle down to my other points. Position coaches is a singular feature that can add so much to the Franchise experience. The current staff needs an overhaul.

2. Stretched Ratings - The quickest way to improve Franchise mode. Currently the scheme-fit system is a bit underutilized due to how inflated ratings are. There is no reason to care too much about scheme fits when a players ratings hover around the same range. Some players, the elite, can thrive in any system. Most do not. Stretching the ratings and making players competent in only a few areas is a start.

3. Schemes - Throw away the locked scheme-fit system and use the position coaches. Each coach favors a certain type of player, so it's not only about hiring the best coach, but also the best fit.

4. Progression - XP go bye bye. Come in position coaches. Make them matter, make them important. Each coach's focus area relates to regression. Your RB Coach favors elusive backs, therefore backs have a higher chance progress in this area. Progression should still be a bit unknown, but coaches should have some influence.

5. Scouting - Simplify it and make it deeper. Currently it is shallow and tedious. Most NFL teams have roughly the same information, so no need to pick every player you want to scout. Instead focus on the Offseason. Combine interviews, Pro Days, Personal Workouts. This is where you can focus on players and find out some possible new information. Oh yeah, remember those position coaches/coordinators? Yeah, they'll be leaning over your shoulder on draft day telling you what guy THEY want.
Love your points. I'm the head of the get rid of XP train lol. Throw in some love to the offseason and this would really be like franchise jumping into a new stratosphere

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 08-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

-Improved cpu roster composition/management
-Realistic contracts. this covers everything from RFAs and 5th year options to having guys sign for realistic amounts. High end players should always be looking to set a new high water mark for contracts. Have production factor in to a player's overall, so it a 72 rated WR with 97 speed racks up 1600 yards in a contract year, he's going to get big money

If those two things were in the game I would have bought this year and that's all it would take for me to buy next year. Now my other three

-fix formation subs so that I can make subs to any formation in any set
-ditch XP
-Scrap the current scouting system. Every team should have to hire a scouting dept and some should be better than others. Let me choose what I'm scouting. Just seeing the top three attributes is unrealistic
-
Old 08-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Need to be able to say more player names in Franchise mode. It’s horrible that you can’t edit a players name without losing his audio. It gives such a more real feel when commentators call the game using thier names. I would rather more names said than listening to the same corny stories
Old 08-15-2018, 12:07 AM   #39
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7

Injury management ala NBA 2K and the show allow us to manually make injury’s so we do t have to wait 2-3 months for the correct rosters esp given how much injury’s affect in the NFL this should of been added a long time ago.
NRL:New Zealand Warriors

Old 08-15-2018, 05:41 AM   #40
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Absolutely no excuse for Coordinators in some form and a coaching market to not be in the game. We've had the ability to hire and fire coaches scouts and trainers for years now.......

Restricted free agency and the ability the restructure contracts hasn't been in the game since the PS2 era and it's kinda shameful tbh....

Scouting is weirdly barebones. Like 3 button clicks.....and I loved the draft stories thing when first introduced but it's gotten weaker and weaker every year.

Owner mode is technically in the game but offers little to no functionality or challenge. The older owner mode had cearting perks you could buy like holographic score boards and elite on location medical staff would be cool to bring little things like that back.

Scheme and playbook knowledge should be a rating or learned skill ala NFL Head coach on PS2. No reason you should be able to switch schemes mid season and every player knows every play or being able to trade for a #1 WR and stick him in any role in the route try despite never learning it. Having to do play install during training camp and pre season adds a fun element and makes players more valuable to certain systems and adds a dynamic to free agency (ex you hire a disciple of belichick as head coach or coordinator and players that have played in that system are more attracted to your team and you to them since the learning curve is lower for the players)

Bring back the newspaper system from PS2 Gen era madden. They did a much better job than the style twitter thing they have in giving personality to the mode and making it feel alive.

Players that retire can come back as coaches

Just straight up jack the league rules thing from NBA 2K and open for league expansion or 18 game season etc.(I doubt the NFL would allow this tbh...)

I have my doubts any of this stuff would get included and tbh I don't think EA Sports as a company doesn't really value Franchise modes in their games anymore. They aren't marketable or sexy and you can't throw them in a sizzle trailer and they don't pump out money like Ultimate Team. I mean Live has been a hot mess for years but that game also has a barebones Franchise and they seem to be trending down the path of the street ball experience so it might be a thing where the Devs might wanna do alot of this stuff but the powers at be see no value in it idk... I truly feel bad for the guys in the trenches making the game cause I'm sure they would love to beef stuff like this up.

EDIT: Another thing I really would prefer fast and responsive menus vs seeing my coach sit at his desk and cycle through 4 preset animations or a random shot of my player standing at his locker.

Last edited by kjjnesb; 08-15-2018 at 05:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »