Home

Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

This is a discussion on Top Five Franchise wants for M20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 12:12 AM   #49
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

1. Assistant Coaches with NCAA 14 Coaching Carousel. If they are fictional, then at the least let us edit them, change their names to real coaches.

2. SLIDERS, SLIDERS AND SLIDERS... OH MY!...... See the level of details in the sliders NBA2K19 MyGM/MyLeague has and you'll understand. Where to begin....

- 4th Down Sliders: Allow us to set the tendency of each team and how often they go for it on 4th down. Using ESPN's stats page from the 2017 season(link below), The Green Bay Packers made the most 4th down attempts at 28, Eagles went for it on 4th, 26 times. Meanwhile the Vikings made only 7 4th down attempts, a league low in 2017.

- Positional Importance Slider (Draft): Bears drafting a QB just because Trubisky's OVR is low enough the AI sees a "Need"? After importing the draft class, you can go in and raise the value of certain positions on each team. Bears drafted Trubisky, so you lower the QB position slider down where the AI won't bother drafting QBs. So fourth for every position.

- Pass/Run Tendencies from Madden 12. Also a slider for how many carries RB1 gets and RB2 in order to evenly split the carries, or just enough to follow real life team tendencies.

*More Slider Ideas to come later*
Old 08-16-2018, 12:16 AM   #50
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

I imagine it's already been said before, but something I've wanted for years now is a draft board for the Fantasy Draft. How can something so simple and useful be overlooked?
NHL: Colorado Avalanche, Pittsburgh Penguins
NCAA: Air Force Falcons, Penn State Nittany Lions
Old 08-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #51
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

1) Coaching Carousel/Assistant Coaches/Coordinators

I would love to see assistant coaches/coordinators in this game, with the ability to hire another teams coordinator as your next head coach. Also I think I remember this being in the game before but I would love to see some players come back as coaches after they retire.

2) New Free Agency/Contract System

It would be nice to get a new interface for the free agency period in the off-season. Also for both the resigning period and free agency it would be nice to have a system where a player will negotiate with you and come back with a counter offer or tell you why they turned down your offer and what they're looking for. They also need to include RFA, and I saw a post earlier mentioning adding an UDFA period after the draft, that would add a lot to the immersion. They need to include an option to decide how the contract your are offering will be distributed, ex. front loaded, back loaded, etc..

3) New Scouting System

They need to revamp the scouting system, I want to see a more streamlined system. Instead of only being able to uncover the top 3 ratings your scouts should be able to eventually uncover letter grades for all of them after enough scouting. They should also add a feature where you can go in to a player card screen for the prostpect and similar to NBA 2k have a small summary of their strengths and weaknesses and injury history.

4) Revamped Injury System

They need to include the ability to manually add injuries. They also need to make injuries matter long term. If a RB tears his ACL there should be a chance that they lose a bit of speed, acc, & agi. I also want to see injury history on a player included in the player card and some sort of durability system where with each injury their body takes some wear and tear making it easier for them to get re-injured.

5) Options To Add Expansion Teams/Better Relocation

I really want a full custom team creator, and an option to add up to a couple expansion teams in to the league. It would really add to the immersion factor, and help me play many more years in to a CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #52
Rookie

1 - Complete scouting and draft overhaul including realistic draft logic and order (tiebreakers).

Firstly, I quite like the current scouting system...its very simple but clean and efficient....good guys mostly at top with a few hidden gems sprinkled throughout...some classes are better than others...some are deeper than others...some have top qb talent and some dont and the clear number 1 pick is a franchise left tackle or devastating pass rusher...

But college stats simply have to be added...as well as

College experience of player...(I.e. fr / so / jr / sr) with redshirts. This allows to get a glimpse of classes potentially 2 3 years down the line if there are star freshmen and sophomores, but also whether eligible underclassmen will declare for the draft....a draft class is finalised in about January before the scouting combine, not week 3 of the regular season

Additionally draft logic needs to be improved..teams should not keep drafting 75 ovr qbs year after year in the 1st and 2nd round meaning players viewed as franchise qb don't get stuck back in the depth chart never playing ( Trubisky always seems to be the example in my games - Chi pick another qb or go mental for Bradford or Bridgewater in free agency)

Cpu teams should be able to trade picks on draft day.

Teams with identical records should pick based on strength of schedule and then appropriate tiebreakers. They should then cycle picks in subsequent rounds. This point extends elsewhere to tiebreakers for basic division and conference standings. I simmed on m18 the 2017 schedule with correct results and madden sent Baltimore over Buffalo (both 9-7) into the playoffs...(we all know what happened in week 17)

Add compensatory selections in rounds 3 to 7 and add possibility for trading conditional draft picks

Make draft day more realistic....have full 10 minute clock for round 1 each team....you can sim forward if you want or maybe accelerate time (2x or 5x etc). But have the time pass and then clock rings and a team has made trade offer

2 - Full custom relocation and expansion options

The most fun way for me to play is sim a year and using that years released players and few other self-imposed restrictions is to do a expansion draft using same rules as 2002 Texans (waiting for m19 week 1 rosters and for franchise stats issues to be fixed) e.g. in m18 - Dez Bryant (16m 18 cap hit) and Mike Glennon (13m 18 cap hit) would be perfect examples for players added to expansion list.

But more needs to be added in terms of custom stadium design, unifoŕms, colours, team identities etc.

3 - Realistic contracts - free agency and resigning contracts need to be higher across board....for top tier players and all qbs specifically (m19 does appear to have made some progress with this....e.g. saw still of Diggs demanding 16m / year before roster was fixed after he re-signed in reality) ...But contracts year to year need to change more...high cap hits and and high dead money for cuts with prorated bonuses and roster bonuses etc.... I love spotrac.com , figures are all there - they can be in madden.

Additionally there can be holdouts and team and player options....specifically 5th year options for 1st round draft picks and better franchise tag values ( stop listing LE and RE as completely different positions)

4 - Co-ordinators , assistant coaches , scouts , Gms and trainers..... a full rpg and perk based development system is possible here and then also a coaching carousel like in ncaa14......Coordinators move to head coaches and so on...

5 - correct position listing. No more LE and RE including big 34 guys like jj watt and smaller 43 ends like Seattle players.

3 seperate defensive front 7 general positions:

DT / interior DL
Edge rusher
Linebacker

(Includes players in upcoming draft class and can also include offensive linemen ( guards and centres and tackles and then user can judge for oneself to put the best pass protector as the franchise left tackle)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2018, 07:03 PM   #53
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodImmigrant
Draft Class Editor
Website based like Team-Builder for NCAA 14. Also to allow you to write storylines for a few of the prospects.

Coaching Carousel
HC, OC, DC and position coaches (with position bonuses).

Team Chemistry
Chemistry between teammates at certain positions. QB-WR, DT-DE, S-CB.
High chemistry would allow the player to play to his true rating. NO rating bonuses, just penalties for low chemistry between players. Chemistry can increase based on amount of games played together or by a Chemistry rating that increases yearly based on years of experience in the league and awareness.

Tie Between Physical Attribute and Ratings

Save the last 9 points of an attribute rating to be assigned based on Physical attributes. 6'-5" WRs can reach 99 Jumping, 5'-9" WRs are capped at 90 Jumping.

All of this.

With the addition of historical stat tracking for players and teams.

I miss the days where it showed me my all-time record.
I want to see where my players rank historically in stats. They track nothing outside the top 10 and it drives me crazy.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:47 AM   #54
Rookie

JasonForTheWin's Arena

I am not a MUT player, and never paid actual money for crates, add-ons, coins, donuts, or anything like that WITH ONE EXCEPTION.

The OOTP mobile baseball game. And that is to play historic seasons with real rosters. It's something like 1.99 for one season, 3.99 for 3 seasons, etc.....

This will probably be a VERY disliked suggestion, but the ONLY way I will give EA any of my money outside of the 59.99 for the game, is if they scrap the shareable roster feature, and invest money into giving us historic seasons with real rosters and draft classes.

I wouldn't mind paying 2.99 to be able to play the 1991 season, or 10.99 to be able to play the 1980's decade....

They would still get money over fist from the MUT Players, as well as some income from the nerds like me....Even though it would piss off a ton of user-created roster folks....

Currently Playing:
NCAA 12 - The Coaching Career Of Jason Cameron
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ncaa-12-a.html
Old 08-20-2018, 10:58 AM   #55
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonForTheWin
I am not a MUT player, and never paid actual money for crates, add-ons, coins, donuts, or anything like that WITH ONE EXCEPTION.

The OOTP mobile baseball game. And that is to play historic seasons with real rosters. It's something like 1.99 for one season, 3.99 for 3 seasons, etc.....

This will probably be a VERY disliked suggestion, but the ONLY way I will give EA any of my money outside of the 59.99 for the game, is if they scrap the shareable roster feature, and invest money into giving us historic seasons with real rosters and draft classes.

I wouldn't mind paying 2.99 to be able to play the 1991 season, or 10.99 to be able to play the 1980's decade....

They would still get money over fist from the MUT Players, as well as some income from the nerds like me....Even though it would piss off a ton of user-created roster folks....

So...your top want for a franchise is pay for play?

TBH I don’t get why you would want to pay for rosters when they’re already typically made by others for free. Am I missing something? Because the way I understand it, you would be happy to have one of the few free features turn into a paid feature 🤨

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 11:18 AM   #56
Rookie

JasonForTheWin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
So...your top want for a franchise is pay for play?

TBH I don’t get why you would want to pay for rosters when they’re already typically made by others for free. Am I missing something? Because the way I understand it, you would be happy to have one of the few free features turn into a paid feature 🤨

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I put this in the wrong thread...lol...Typing while at work lol …. Definitely not a want, but if EA wanted a way to squeeze $$ from all facets of the game, I wouldn't mind the option of paying for historic rosters IF that means they ACTUALLY put work into CFM

Currently Playing:
NCAA 12 - The Coaching Career Of Jason Cameron
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ncaa-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »