Home

Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #849
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Don't think so. I'm in the late parts of June and haven't seen the cpu call up one player. Only have sent people down once the draft came around, and every team proceeded to keep 15 hitters, 10 pitchers

They will once september comes around(and in spring training), but that's the only time. Not even when someone gets injured, because I'm pretty sure the DL doesn't exist.

thanks duke
sooo frustrating.
this game has so many things going for it, but a lot of the basics r missing
Old 04-11-2010, 03:03 AM   #850
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I hated the game at first... And while I still see the weaknesses... I'm having fun with it. In the end that's all I can really ask for. i think if you do a pitching career it can be a lot of fun....
Old 04-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #851
Banned

OVR: 6

Hate this game with a passion...

Stats are skewed, league leader in HRs in my soon to be fed up franchise? Juan Flippin' Pierre with 4 in 12 games.

buttons to steal and leadoff are cumbersome, leading to many run downs so I feel my team is the last place of a little league rather than a MLB team

No errors and no injuries...I have to make up injuries...how sad is that?

My team is hitting .385. I HAVE to strike out on purpose or hit with the defensive swing in order to get an out. This is with default and various slider variations. The opposing team will also get 10+ hits all the time...that is because they suckered us with the 1 million to throw a perfect game crap that will allow them to make yet ANOTHER horrendous game next year

I knew this game would suck as soon as I saw that million dollar BS. Companies do that with subpar and rushed products...the Gotcha mentality. I stayed away from this game for so long because of it...but I NEED my baseball fix this year. I may just dust off the PS2 and buy the Show '10 for it. Worse graphics but at least it will play a great Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #852
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I hated the game at first... And while I still see the weaknesses... I'm having fun with it. In the end that's all I can really ask for. i think if you do a pitching career it can be a lot of fun....
I've been playing the Show for my franchise. But I am really having a lot of fun playing the MLB Today games. For my, it's just a fun game of baseball.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #853
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapotato
Hate this game with a passion...

Stats are skewed, league leader in HRs in my soon to be fed up franchise? Juan Flippin' Pierre with 4 in 12 games.

buttons to steal and leadoff are cumbersome, leading to many run downs so I feel my team is the last place of a little league rather than a MLB team

No errors and no injuries...I have to make up injuries...how sad is that?

My team is hitting .385. I HAVE to strike out on purpose or hit with the defensive swing in order to get an out. This is with default and various slider variations. The opposing team will also get 10+ hits all the time...that is because they suckered us with the 1 million to throw a perfect game crap that will allow them to make yet ANOTHER horrendous game next year

I knew this game would suck as soon as I saw that million dollar BS. Companies do that with subpar and rushed products...the Gotcha mentality. I stayed away from this game for so long because of it...but I NEED my baseball fix this year. I may just dust off the PS2 and buy the Show '10 for it. Worse graphics but at least it will play a great Franchise
Just a warning that MLB 10 The Show on the PS2 doesn't support online, so the rosters won't be accurate, i.e. guys like Jason Heyward won't be in the game; you'll have to create them yourself and you'll also have to do a lot of manuevering for all 30 teams to try and get the lineups as accurate as possible.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #854
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

I have really enjoyed some of the parts of this game, mainly the presentation elements. However, some of these franchise problems and other gameplay issues are just too much. I'm going to tough through it for one more year, but I'll be getting a PS3 by next March.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #855
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I've been playing the Show for my franchise. But I am really having a lot of fun playing the MLB Today games. For my, it's just a fun game of baseball.
I don't have the time to play a full franchise this year, so the MLB Today games are a godsend. In essence... the real-life baseball season is my franchise. It's terrific and the commentary is top notch.

I played a the Red Sox/Royals game Saturday, and Kruk talked about my bullpen blowing it the night before. I was extremely impressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #856
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I don't have the time to play a full franchise this year, so the MLB Today games are a godsend. In essence... the real-life baseball season is my franchise. It's terrific and the commentary is top notch.

I played a the Red Sox/Royals game Saturday, and Kruk talked about my bullpen blowing it the night before. I was extremely impressed.
As the season wears on, this mode will just get better. It will transition from last year stats to more and more stats about this season.

the next step is to crete a franchise mode based on this. so even if you are behind, the game keeps track of stats. Then, your totals get substituted for any games you play. If you don't play them, the real stats stay. It would be the end of people whining about simmed stats!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »