Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #393
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

I think we could see Payton and Millar to the Braves for Dan Kolb and the rights to Adam Stern. I hope Theo can figure something out that's better than that, but that's all I can come up with right now.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #394
MVP

OVR: 14

I don't want to package up Millar and Payton unless they go ahead and throw in a prospect to get a big name. Otherwise, trade each one seperately.

I LOVE this trade with Cora. I dont see any downside, we pretty much just traded a utility infielder for a better utility infielder. I did like Vasquez when we initially got him, but he did absolutely nothing here. Great trade, I don't know what the Indians were doing.

This team is gonna take its final shape real soon. According to Gammons, it won't include Guardado.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:35 PM   #395
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

Cora has another year on his contract after this season, worth 1.4 mil. It was basically just a salary dump for Cleveland. Stern has to be on the 25 man roster this season unless we trade for his rights with Atlanta. I don't think it would make much sense for Stern to be the 4th OF, seeing as how he bats from the same side as Damon and Nixon. Chip would be a much better replacement, as he bats right handed and could do basically the same thing Jay Payton did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2005, 04:34 PM   #396
MVP

OVR: 15

Just heard Gammons on EEI saying that he believes JP will be heading to Oakland for a reliever.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #397
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Just heard Gammons on EEI saying that he believes JP will be heading to Oakland for a reliever.
The younger the better from that organization. You have to think Kotsay is closer to the door if they want a piece of Payton.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:09 PM   #398
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
The younger the better from that organization. You have to think Kotsay is closer to the door if they want a piece of Payton.

Yeah, hopefully Kotsay isn't going to NY....

The deal would be a steal if we got Cruz, but seeing as though Beane isn't a tard it'll just probably be a good prospect.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-07-2005, 06:31 PM   #399
MVP

OVR: 14

Stern is hitting 8 tonight.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #400
All Star

OVR: 25

That was one bad lineup last night, Mr. Francona. I hate to see a game cut short by the rain, especially one that was that close. Oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »