Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 06:31 PM   #545
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffysCliff
He's played 2nd before, but he's pretty awful there. Not as in he makes a whole bunch of errors, more like he can't get to many groundballs.
Plus he doesn't turn a DP nearly as well as Bellhorn or Cora. Especially with the concern regarding his bad knees. One hard slide could end his career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 06:53 PM   #546
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
Mueller's a great 3rd baseman defensively. Does Youk have any experience at 2nd? Cora dug himself in a hole in my eyes afetr that double-play.
I believe Youk played a couple innings at second this season. About Cora, well it was his first at-bat against Riviera, and I think he was safe at first. Last night was harsh, we really should've won that that game. but nothing you can do about it now except beat up on Tampa Bay. Unfortunately we face Kazmir today, who seems to own us.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:58 PM   #547
MVP

OVR: 14

Nah, he is 0-1 against us this year isnt he? He owned us last year, but this year I think he has been mediocre at best against us.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:08 PM   #548
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I think he meant as far as taking Bellhorn out of the lineup. Cora will be our 2B, which really isn't an upgrade over Bellhorn. Anybody know what the deal with Mueller is? Terry made it sound like he basically is refusing to play 2B, which seems out of character for Billy. Moving Mueller to 2B and Youkilis to 3B would make the most sense, especially since they're facing 3 lefties vs TB.

A lot of people are calling for Hanley or Pedroia right now, but I think the Red Sox are making the right move by not calling either of them up. Hanley is clearly not ready and Pedroia has struggled in Pawtucket while battling a wrist injury.

Terry said he may have used a poor choice of words, and that if it came down to it that Bill would move to 2B. He just would prefer not to play second because of his knee problems. I don't blame him either, he's a quality player at third and would really sting if he went down with an injury. Regardles of Youkilis being the backup or not, Mueller comes up with clutch hits and plays great D.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-18-2005, 09:10 PM   #549
Pro

OVR: 9

How Kazmir gets away with 5 walks against that lineup you guys put out there i'll never know. Chaulk it up to an off night I suppose.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:17 PM   #550
MVP

OVR: 14

Well, we got a HUGE break with that call, but it was a double loss as we couldnt take advantage of our oppritunites, and Damon couldnt extend the streak.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:39 PM   #551
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
Nah, he is 0-1 against us this year isnt he? He owned us last year, but this year I think he has been mediocre at best against us.

So much for that theory. Red Sox now own a .500 record against left-handed starters, with Casey Fossum going tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 11:55 PM   #552
Pro

OVR: 8

does anyone else think that theo MUST get his ****ing head out of his *** and make a deal SOON.there is no excuse for this 1-4 in last 5 games.its BS.

has anyone heard of the brewers deal rumor thats going around?

Red Sox recieve: Lyle Overbay, Doug Davis, Matt Wise

Brewers recieve: Kevin Millar, Kelly Shoppach, Jon Lester, and Mickey Hall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »