Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 12:01 AM   #553
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Can someone explain to me why Manny went into the Green Monster during the mound visit?

As great of a hitter as he is... he just seems to be one of the dumbest players in the MLB. Plus him and Soriano need to learn to run out of the box on a consitent basis.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:59 AM   #554
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbllstr876
does anyone else think that theo MUST get his ****ing head out of his *** and make a deal SOON.there is no excuse for this 1-4 in last 5 games.its BS.

has anyone heard of the brewers deal rumor thats going around?

Red Sox recieve: Lyle Overbay, Doug Davis, Matt Wise

Brewers recieve: Kevin Millar, Kelly Shoppach, Jon Lester, and Mickey Hall.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #555
Pro

Zlax45's Arena

OVR: 9

Actually Manny runs harder to first base on a regular basis then Ortiz. Pay Attention to Ortiz when he hits a groundball right at a fielder and he barely even gets out of the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 12:59 PM   #556
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbllstr876
does anyone else think that theo MUST get his ****ing head out of his *** and make a deal SOON.there is no excuse for this 1-4 in last 5 games.its BS.

has anyone heard of the brewers deal rumor thats going around?

Red Sox recieve: Lyle Overbay, Doug Davis, Matt Wise

Brewers recieve: Kevin Millar, Kelly Shoppach, Jon Lester, and Mickey Hall.
Basically I said the same exact thing as your first sentence, word for word. That deal would be okay, I heard Wise is a damn good setup man. Can't say I know too much about the brewers though, so I can't comment on Overbay or Davis.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-19-2005, 01:02 PM   #557
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

So I'm willing to conceed AJ Burnett to the O's, but why in the world would the Pirates jump in and help Baltimore when they're getting Mike Lowell in exchange for Mark Redman and Daryle Ward? Apparently Florida figured out no one wants Lowell so they'll be paying much of his contract....but still.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:20 PM   #558
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm not ready to go into panic mode yet. We're playing some bad baseball right now, but ironically the bullpen has been one of our strong points since the break.

The latest rumor I've heard is Bill Mueller to Minnesota for JC Romero. I'm on the fence about that one. I think they have some realistic options in Papelbon and Delcarmen that could help the bullpen. I'm not sure why we're still carrying 12 pitchers, but if you're going to carry 12 wouldn't it make sense to give one of them a look?

I don't think this team needs a major shakeup, but there are some holes. Obviously they need more production out of the right side of the infield. They need to be able to replace Schilling when he returns to the rotation, but otherwise what else can you do? It's too bad Pedroia is hurting right now because I think he would've gotten a serious look with Bellhorn on the DL.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:29 PM   #559
Pro

OVR: 8

lmao at your avatar title.i forgot about that

Old 07-19-2005, 01:47 PM   #560
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I'm not ready to go into panic mode yet. We're playing some bad baseball right now, but ironically the bullpen has been one of our strong points since the break.

The latest rumor I've heard is Bill Mueller to Minnesota for JC Romero. I'm on the fence about that one. I think they have some realistic options in Papelbon and Delcarmen that could help the bullpen. I'm not sure why we're still carrying 12 pitchers, but if you're going to carry 12 wouldn't it make sense to give one of them a look?

I don't think this team needs a major shakeup, but there are some holes. Obviously they need more production out of the right side of the infield. They need to be able to replace Schilling when he returns to the rotation, but otherwise what else can you do? It's too bad Pedroia is hurting right now because I think he would've gotten a serious look with Bellhorn on the DL.
I agree with that sentiment, and it confuses me also why we don't look inward a little more when it comes to helping the pen. Unless we can make a run on Billy Wagner, my idea of improving the team does not include dropping a top prospect on Danys Baez or someone of the like to plug a hole.

I think our recent play and the nature of losing an arm like AJ to an AL East contender has this town yelling at Theo to act and I'm not with that. The fact that we actually have prospects that teams want is a minor miracle. We lost Pedro and Lowe to FA and our closer and ace this year. We're about a year away from doing what the Braves did this season when their roster was a mess. But there system was stocked, and guys like Kyle Davies and Kelly Johnson are a little closer than Papelbon and Hanley for instance.

Let's sign Craig Hansen, make a good deal or two for an arm at a reasonable price, grab an infielder and maybe a Millar upgrade if it comes packaged with another need, and be happy this team is built to win for years to come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »