Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #321
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yeah, I've tried it. I'm not at all a fan of the HORRENDOUS passing that results from those settings. If you're not passing with CP3, half the time the ball will just sail out of bounds. I get that there are SOME bad passes in the NBA that do this, but nowhere near as many as those settings provide.

I'm all for more turnovers and everything, but not artificial turnovers like that. That's why I'm working on making the User teammates and CPU opponents try to attack passes and intercept them instead of lowering the Pass Accuracy and letting the game make the turnovers for you.
Accuracy drops with fatigue and bad timing for passes. For example if you do a floppy play (with passing at 47) you will see that if you time it too early or late that you will get an errant pass. Wait until the shooter pops open and you will still hit them perfectly.

Also LS has alot to do with players passing too far causing the catcher to either catch out of bounds or bobble the catch. Turbo also increases the pass rate, but at the same time its a lower accuracy pass for the most part. RB passing creates a lot of nice animations and seems like its a better pass causing a higher % (for me atleast it seems this way I dunno, probably just me though).

A passing is similar to RB passing. The biggest problem most people have is passing to the wrong guy, note that there is a circle under the player your about to pass too, once you see that and realize it you will start to find that gently pressing the LS will give you alot better control of not only your players but the passing mechanics as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #322
Rookie

Where do I go to change the coaching profiles for every team? It only lets me change it for my team.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #323
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exh1bits
Where do I go to change the coaching profiles for every team? It only lets me change it for my team.
If you started association with one team, you have to resign your GM position and select new team... then edit... Repeat for all teams and go back to your original team.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #324
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Alright, I'm taking my time on my next update, as everyone seems to be loving my current set!

What I would like to know is EVERY major and minor gripe you still have with the gameplay. Please, don't base these issues off of one game, take the time to get a couple games in with this set to ensure that the problem is actually a problem and not just a random off game.

Once I really know what the widespread issues are, I can buckle down and do my best to eliminate them so that we can all just enjoy the game and stop worrying about the constant tweaking.

Help me help you!

I think still one of my biggest gripes with the gameplay is that the CPU is not feeding the post players enough on a consistant basis, and alot of times when the post players do get the ball, they wont do any post moves, or back the player down or be aggressive enough or they will just pass the ball back out. Now this maybe a roster issue, instead of a slider issue. One big key thing I noticed from 2K is that when you play against the classic teams, the cpu feeds them the ball and the post players go to work in the post and are aggressive. So looking through and doing a comparison of the classic post player tendency settings vs the current players tendency settings, 2K has almost all of the current big men post shots tendencies set real low, and the classic team players post shot set high. Also in the classic teams coach profiles the look for post players settings are higher than the current teams.

So I think I may just go through each current teams big men post shots tendencies and raise them higher to see if I get better results. Basically like I was saying this maybe a roster issue and not something the sliders can fix.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #325
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams

So I think I may just go through each current teams big men post shots tendencies and raise them higher to see if I get better results. Basically like I was saying this maybe a roster issue and not something the sliders can fix.
I did that in my personal roster set a few weeks ago...doesn't help much. You'll have to max out those low post shooting tendencies. But don't worry - it only serves to balance it out, but it won't mean that 95% of the shots will come from the post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #326
Rookie

OVR: 2
I had same issue for a long *** time... Edited ton of things in previous roster set then lost everything when I downloaded new roster with Mike D'Antony

2K did some questionable things with current NBA big men which I don't understand...
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #327
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just had a hell of a game. Melo was a beast. Game went into OT. Defense was right there all the way for both teams but scoring didin't really suffer. Sorry wasn't able to take a pic of the team stats but the result was realistic. it's almost like watching a real game.

here's the boxscore

USER: NY / CPU: DAL
Homecourt: DAL

Last edited by Yabudabi; 11-21-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #328
Rookie

Who's roster are you using? or will any work well with these sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »