Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

There's a lot to digest folks, so here's my first article for MLB 14 The Show this year. Included is over 1,300 words, a video interview with Ramone Russell, Release Dates, and the new PS3 trailer.

I had hands-on with PS3 and (briefly) PS4, with additional time on both with Ramone. The Vita version was not onsite, but in terms of features, beside the smaller amount of Presentation (as always on Vita) the game is feature-complete across all 3 platforms.

PS Nation - MLB 14 The Show Hands-On Report
(External Link)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 321 thaSLAB @ 02/13/14 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Yup, pretty sure Ive read about 15 times in this thread that you can start a franchise on ps3 and carry it right over to ps4 when it releases.
Yeah, that's correct. The same as what we've been able to do with saves on PS3 and Vita.

I think some people are getting cloud saves (platform-to-platform) and year-to-year saves confused.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

# 322 HustlinOwl @ 02/13/14 04:30 PM
RIP - Comeback Talk

Quote:
Another way in which MLB 14 players on PS3 and PS4 will be able to get in and out of games more quickly is the new Community Challenges mode. It allows players to set up unique game scenarios by customizing elements such as the inning, score and runners on base, and then set some goals for the situation. Players can upload these challenges to the web for others to try — for instance, a challenge could be designed for people to relive, or rewrite, a particular instance of baseball history.

# 323 nemesis04 @ 02/13/14 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
RIP - Comeback Talk
What does that have to do with your comment?

# 324 nemesis04 @ 02/13/14 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
I think he is talking about the comeback code myth
I know but how does it relate to community challenges?

# 325 bp4baseball @ 02/13/14 04:37 PM
The community challenges sound very cool. It'll be fun playing situations other people create and making our own, but I hope we can also set up and execute our own situations offline.

# 326 thaSLAB @ 02/13/14 04:38 PM
I'm a little fuzzy too.

# 327 thaSLAB @ 02/13/14 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
Thanks for your answer.

Yeah I know how player lock works, I just wanted to do it with my friend on the same team where we both play lock onto a position. For example if I made a SS and he made a CF, I would be the SS the whole game and he'd be the CF.
Yeah, no.

# 328 HustlinOwl @ 02/13/14 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
What does that have to do with your comment?
bottom of 9th certain part of lineup pitcher vs batter see all different outcomes

# 329 PSNation @ 02/13/14 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
Is there video on Mr Russell's presentation? I feel like he's very charismatic (this is the first video i've seen of him) and would like to watch it!

also, I feel like people are reading through this thread before reading the articles/seeing all the screenshots of the game... lol
We weren't allowed to film, but I recorded the audio, and that what the bullet-points in my article are from

# 330 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/14 04:45 PM
One thing I noticed in the PS3 trailer is they fixed the Nationals undershirt color. It now red instead of blue.

# 331 vinny_77 @ 02/13/14 04:47 PM
Player lock = RTTS without crazy manager AI = Dream come true. I'm really looking forward to this feature.
In addition, I plan on playing the entire first inning to get a feel for the opposing pitcher, then turning on player lock. Should make each AB easier to handle.
Franchise control + RTTS, Sweet

# 332 nemesis04 @ 02/13/14 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
The community challenges sound very cool. It'll be fun playing situations other people create and making our own, but I hope we can also set up and execute our own situations offline.
Also, any challenge you create you have to personally succeed at in order for it to be put up for the community to try.

# 333 PSNation @ 02/13/14 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Also, any challenge you create you have to personally succeed at in order for it to be put up for the community to try.
How'd this leak?

# 334 shaneomac @ 02/13/14 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_77
Player lock = RTTS without crazy manager AI = Dream come true. I'm really looking forward to this feature.
In addition, I plan on playing the entire first inning to get a feel for the opposing pitcher, then turning on player lock. Should make each AB easier to handle.
Franchise control + RTTS, Sweet
I agree completely. I have always wanted franchise mode with the ability to play the games from a RTTS player perspective. I never thought I would ever see this. This news really made my day today.

# 335 nemesis04 @ 02/13/14 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNation
How'd this leak?
Thought I read it somewhere. I could be mistaken.

# 336 Bat @ 02/13/14 04:55 PM
From the images it looks like the under bill of the caps are grey. Aren't all caps now black under the bill? Been that way for a couple of seasons.

# 337 Woodweaver @ 02/13/14 04:57 PM
Hello, practicing double plays, triple plays, etc.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
RIP - Comeback Talk

Quote:
Another way in which MLB 14 players on PS3 and PS4 will be able to get in and out of games more quickly is the new Community Challenges mode. It allows players to set up unique game scenarios by customizing elements such as the inning, score and runners on base, and then set some goals for the situation. Players can upload these challenges to the web for others to try — for instance, a challenge could be designed for people to relive, or rewrite, a particular instance of baseball history.

# 338 metsfan4life1 @ 02/13/14 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Hello, practicing double plays, triple plays, etc.!

Quote:

# 339 torpidbeaver @ 02/13/14 05:03 PM
I read this twice, and I still don't know if the "Carried Over" seasons apply to last year's version, or this year's version going forward to next year's?

I mean to say: will I be able to continue my Franchise from MLBtS13 on MLBtS14?

Hmm... Probably not, huh? Only this year going forward, maybe?

# 340 HustlinOwl @ 02/13/14 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
I read this twice, and I still don't know if the "Carried Over" seasons apply to last year's version, or this year's version going forward to next year's?

I mean to say: will I be able to continue my Franchise from MLBtS13 on MLBtS14?

Hmm... Probably not, huh? Only this year going forward, maybe?
Beginning with MLB 14 and beyond

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.