Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

There's a lot to digest folks, so here's my first article for MLB 14 The Show this year. Included is over 1,300 words, a video interview with Ramone Russell, Release Dates, and the new PS3 trailer.

I had hands-on with PS3 and (briefly) PS4, with additional time on both with Ramone. The Vita version was not onsite, but in terms of features, beside the smaller amount of Presentation (as always on Vita) the game is feature-complete across all 3 platforms.

PS Nation - MLB 14 The Show Hands-On Report
(External Link)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 381 Knight165 @ 02/13/14 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
I used a search on this thread and didn't find anything about franchise beyond the saves feature. Is Franchise mode untouched for this year? Maybe more info at a later date?
There was definitely work done on franchise mode this year.

Monday is the full fact sheet...and I don't think even that will detail what's been done.

Aaron and Luis have changed a lot of things.
Some under the hood....some readily apparent.

M.K.
Knight165

# 382 dcmantommy72 @ 02/13/14 07:48 PM
ok im excited as anyone can be.. so don't get me wrong, I was happy to see SOME kind of preview.. But did anyone last year ask or beg the devs for better grass animations?????????

Why do they spend so much time and energy on things that wont even be noticed... I understand wanting a high level of detail and I certainly agree with that thought, but how about a high level of GAME detail... How about making damn sure that batting averages don't go up league wide after 8 years of a season. How about spending time on GM AI, and draft logic. What about making the presentation MUCH better, instead of just a little bit.

I would trade all the new shiny graphics for actual in game improvements that will most likely be missing from this year..

Just because I can now see bread crumbs in mike napolis beard dosnt mean im going to purchase a ps4 just for this game.

I really hope some dev blogs start coming out soon showing us what in game improvements they have made. As the best sports game on the market, we should all expect more from them, don't settle for just a shiny version of 13, earn my 60 bucks and my praise.

# 383 MLB Bob @ 02/13/14 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmantommy72
ok im excited as anyone can be.. so don't get me wrong, I was happy to see SOME kind of preview.. But did anyone last year ask or beg the devs for better grass animations?????????

Short answer to this? Yes. A lot unbelievably

3D grass was a must for PS4 by some, funny that the person I remember asking for it the most I haven't seen a single post of his lately.

# 384 barsoffury @ 02/13/14 08:17 PM
I've looked at everything from this morning about a 100 times and just caught on now to the Molina screenshot that his helmet comes flying off as he's sliding... Just a small thing but you know what, it's the little things that make this game great... Anyways great day, can't wait til Monday for more details.

# 385 metsfan4life1 @ 02/13/14 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
I've looked at everything from this morning about a 100 times and just caught on now to the Molina screenshot that his helmet comes flying off as he's sliding... Just a small thing but you know what, it's the little things that make this game great... Anyways great day, can't wait til Monday for more details.
I noticed that too! Deffinitely did not notice it the first time around.. That's a new thing for NG

# 386 Born Again @ 02/13/14 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Grass and beards well OK but I wanna see incredible animations linked without any jerky movements.
But can I interest you in an incredible beard made of grass?

# 387 tnixen @ 02/13/14 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
I noticed that too! Deffinitely did not notice it the first time around.. That's a new thing for NG
Cool so helmets can now come flying off players

# 388 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/13/14 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
There was definitely work done on franchise mode this year.

Monday is the full fact sheet...and I don't think even that will detail what's been done.

Aaron and Luis have changed a lot of things.

Some under the hood....some readily apparent.

M.K.

Knight165

To add on, I'm really excited about some of the things that have been done and I am sure there is a lot more done than we know about yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 389 tnixen @ 02/13/14 09:05 PM
There are over 500 unique crowd signs based on actual fan signs from real baseball stadiums

# 390 thaSLAB @ 02/13/14 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
There are over 500 unique crowd signs based on actual fan signs from real baseball stadiums
Hmmmmm... where did you read that, or did I just miss it?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

# 391 Knight165 @ 02/13/14 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

Perhaps he means 489 of the crumpled ones I tried to make that are still on the floor at our cave at SCEA?
(I miss that conference room )

M.K.
Knight165

# 392 tnixen @ 02/13/14 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

I saw it here

http://www.psu.com/a022491/MLB-14-Th...e-are-stunning

# 393 zfarrow @ 02/13/14 10:28 PM
Quote:
That's actually really cool!

# 394 Sdrawkcab321 @ 02/13/14 10:45 PM
Wow so the crowd is gonna look as good as a player in the ps3 version. That's insane

# 395 ClarkWGrizwold @ 02/13/14 10:56 PM
All I need is the weather and the players auto wearing long sleeves at night to be fixed and I'm a happy man with everything else for the PS4

# 396 ralphieboy11 @ 02/13/14 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
Wow so the crowd is gonna look as good as a player in the ps3 version. That's insane
Crazy as it sounds, I'm more excited about this than a lot of other things. I like to play with the Broadcast camera frequently and the crowd on PS3 hurts the immersion factor.

# 397 jmaj315 @ 02/13/14 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again
Yep, you will be killed, it's commonly known scea does not make games with intention to make money.
Well... I'm sure they intend to make money. But they have a different philosophy on how to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Short answer to this? Yes. A lot unbelievably

3D grass was a must for PS4 by some, funny that the person I remember asking for it the most I haven't seen a single post of his lately.
Lol he probably got

# 398 Cavicchi @ 02/14/14 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I wouldn't count on too much in the first year on the new console.
Next year I'll be 73 and wouldn't count on too much either.

# 399 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/14/14 09:16 AM
Quote:
Cool so helmets can now come flying off players
I hope this doesn't happen too often.
This doesn't happen once a game, maybe not even once a week....

Unless you are Eduardo Nuņez...then it happens every time he is on base....still not once a week...

# 400 My993C2 @ 02/14/14 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealousMonkey
Grass is fundamental to the sport.
I thought pitching, hitting, fielding and base running were the fundamentals of the game. My mistake. No wonder why the US has gone to pot. It's all about the grass.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.