Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

There's a lot to digest folks, so here's my first article for MLB 14 The Show this year. Included is over 1,300 words, a video interview with Ramone Russell, Release Dates, and the new PS3 trailer.

I had hands-on with PS3 and (briefly) PS4, with additional time on both with Ramone. The Vita version was not onsite, but in terms of features, beside the smaller amount of Presentation (as always on Vita) the game is feature-complete across all 3 platforms.

PS Nation - MLB 14 The Show Hands-On Report
(External Link)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 401 Pezell04x @ 02/14/14 10:26 AM
Fenway looks fantastic. I haven't played Show game since about 2011.

# 402 tessl @ 02/14/14 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNation
Pretty sure I covered this.

It works both in moving from MLB 14 to MLB 15, and it works visa cloud saves across all 3 version within MLB 14.
To clarify if I start a franchise mlbts '14 on ps3 I can save to cloud and resume the franchise on mlbts '14 ps4?

# 403 HustlinOwl @ 02/14/14 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
To clarify if I start a franchise mlbts '14 on ps3 I can save to cloud and resume the franchise on mlbts '14 ps4?
not confirmed for MLB14

Quote:
Again, I covered this in the article:

"If you stay with the PS3 version this year, and wait until MLB 15 The Show to upgrade to PS4, that save will transfer as well."

http://www.psnation.com/2014/02/13/m...nds-on-report/

# 404 dickey1331 @ 02/14/14 01:51 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
not confirmed for MLB14

He said PS3 14 to PS4 14 which you can transfer saves

# 405 Curahee @ 02/14/14 02:02 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
not confirmed for MLB14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
He said PS3 14 to PS4 14 which you can transfer saves

I really would like to see a Dev confirmation on this to clarify it once and for all.

# 406 dickey1331 @ 02/14/14 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I really would like to see a Dev confirmation on this to clarify it once and for all.

PS Nation confirmed it in this thread.

# 407 PSNation @ 02/14/14 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Just bat and ball boys no girls this year.
Your fault, you told me girls too :-P

# 408 tnixen @ 02/14/14 02:31 PM
Quote:
Your fault, you told me girls too :-P
Really hope we get Ball Girls next year for the teams that use them

# 409 Still2REal @ 02/14/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmantommy72
ok im excited as anyone can be.. so don't get me wrong, I was happy to see SOME kind of preview.. But did anyone last year ask or beg the devs for better grass animations?????????

Why do they spend so much time and energy on things that wont even be noticed...
While I understand your thoughts ( in fact I initially shared them as well), I think Knight's statements about more to come as well as many others about this not being a full fact sheet should placate your fears until Monday or whenever they released the full info. Graphics is what the majority of people dig so that's what is always going to come first.

# 410 armymule @ 02/14/14 02:41 PM
any chance we can get Morgana the Kissing Bandit into the game? (LOL)

# 411 tnixen @ 02/14/14 02:41 PM
Was The Show Live mode improved any?

# 412 FreAk47 @ 02/14/14 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
While I understand your thoughts ( in fact I initially shared them as well), I think Knight's statements about more to come as well as many others about this not being a full fact sheet should placate your fears until Monday or whenever they released the full info. Graphics is what the majority of people dig so that's what is always going to come first.
Especially on the first release of a new console...could you imagine the outrage if the game didn't look better from PS3 to PS4?

# 413 econoodle @ 02/14/14 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealousMonkey
Damn Straight. Except you will notice I said fundamental 'TO THE SPORT'. Anyway, if I had to play on a friggin' mat on PS4 I wouldn't even bother lol. This is 2014. You need 3D grass. People need to get the heckout of whatever last gen did to them. Many of us moved on from 720p and flat lifeless textures over 5 years ago.

It's honestly been about 3-4 years since I even played a PS3 to completion or was awed by a game. I can't kill that system fast enough though it is still my bluray player. PS3 was dated after 2010 or so... after that I never really bothered much with it except on PSN and Sony exclusives. The rest looked like 2005 to me including the Show which started to look like barf to me the last couple years.

Graphics are essential to enjoying a game for many people. It's one of the reasons I haven't personally bought a Show game since 11. I have been waiting for better hardware. The PS3 was a terrible system if you give it a truthful overview. Awesome but terribly complicated CPU joined by a horrid GPU. Not really something that can last 10 years. Last gen is most likely to be the longest gen ever and good riddance.

No one in their right mind wants to watch PS3 level graphics for the next 5 years of baseball.

enough dude.
your getting annoying.

# 414 Curahee @ 02/14/14 08:31 PM
Quote:
No one in their right mind wants to watch PS3 level graphics for the next 5 years of baseball.

You know, there is a new MLB14/PS4 forum. Maybe you would be better suited over there.

# 415 econoodle @ 02/14/14 08:53 PM
Quote:
Damn Straight. Except you will notice I said fundamental 'TO THE SPORT'. Anyway, if I had to play on a friggin' mat on PS4 I wouldn't even bother lol. This is 2014. You need 3D grass. People need to get the heckout of whatever last gen did to them. Many of us moved on from 720p and flat lifeless textures over 5 years ago.

It's honestly been about 3-4 years since I even played a PS3 to completion or was awed by a game. I can't kill that system fast enough though it is still my bluray player. PS3 was dated after 2010 or so... after that I never really bothered much with it except on PSN and Sony exclusives. The rest looked like 2005 to me including the Show which started to look like barf to me the last couple years.

Graphics are essential to enjoying a game for many people. It's one of the reasons I haven't personally bought a Show game since 11. I have been waiting for better hardware. The PS3 was a terrible system if you give it a truthful overview. Awesome but terribly complicated CPU joined by a horrid GPU. Not really something that can last 10 years. Last gen is most likely to be the longest gen ever and good riddance.

i wish you had put the bolded part at the beginning of the post, then I could have stopped reading there.

# 416 Curahee @ 02/14/14 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
i wish you had put the bolded part at the beginning of the post, then I could have stopped reading there.

# 417 abadguy @ 02/14/14 09:49 PM
Quote:

Guess what you chose the wrong platform AGAIN for being a graphic w**re lol if ps3 was an outdated system already in 2010 ....well..i don't know how to tell you that ps4/xbone are terribly outdated systems ALREADY NOW, compared to PC master race. I own consoles and PC and I learnt that lesson a long time ago, that didn't stop me for buying a ps4 ofc. good graphics are awesome of course but that's not even remotely the most important part on a game especially console games. Srsly dude you are gonna be so disappointed by this so called NEXTgen if all you're looking for are graphics......

Sent from my iPhone 5

# 418 mikeq672 @ 02/15/14 01:10 AM
Will never understand people that care more about graphics than actual gameplay. Must love madden, sorry, couldnt help it haha.

# 419 Factzzz @ 02/15/14 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Will never understand people that care more about graphics than actual gameplay. Must love madden, sorry, couldnt help it haha.
At this point i worry about graphics wayyy more than gameplay because i already know the gameplay is basically perfect.

# 420 joker232 @ 02/15/14 11:55 AM
Hey guys...sorry if this has been commented on.

Has there been anything said about additional stats, at least to the player cards or them being saved from season to season so we can go back to them whenever we want. Why dont they instill stats overlay like the back of baseball cards. Any word on any of this?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.