Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

There's a lot to digest folks, so here's my first article for MLB 14 The Show this year. Included is over 1,300 words, a video interview with Ramone Russell, Release Dates, and the new PS3 trailer.

I had hands-on with PS3 and (briefly) PS4, with additional time on both with Ramone. The Vita version was not onsite, but in terms of features, beside the smaller amount of Presentation (as always on Vita) the game is feature-complete across all 3 platforms.

PS Nation - MLB 14 The Show Hands-On Report
(External Link)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 341 Travis40 @ 02/13/14 05:06 PM

Looks like a ball boy behind Sandoval in this pic!

# 342 Bat @ 02/13/14 05:09 PM
[quote=

Looks like a ball boy behind Sandoval in this pic![/QUOTE]

Are there ball girls too? Mariners use girls. Not a big thing at all. But would be cool for realism.

# 343 dallas0112 @ 02/13/14 05:12 PM
I don't know if this has been asked, but are beards editable this year?

# 344 redsoxfan25 @ 02/13/14 05:15 PM
The player lock feature is awesome! If I'm strapped for time I can just play as myself or a prospect (assuming it works for the minor leagues too?)

Pleasantly surprised to read about the community challenges. I suggested this in the MLB 14 wishlist thread, a scenario mode, if you will, similar to MVP Baseball. Very glad to see this.

# 345 Blzer @ 02/13/14 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
Are there ball girls too? Mariners use girls. Not a big thing at all. But would be cool for realism.
Giants use elderly men and women.

# 346 Spanky @ 02/13/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
To answer your question, no. Think of it as playing RTTS with any player on the line-up. If you select player lock, you are that player for the remainder of the game (or until you turn it off.) You can switch (lock) to a different player too. I think you can lock to multiple players, where you only play those players at-bats and fielding opps.

One cool thing is you could actually play a whole season as one player if you want, and see if you can do better than that player's real life counterpart.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
One thing that strikes me as I read all this information is the many different ways you can play this game.

There's just not enough hours in the day.

Oh, to be young again.

# 347 tnixen @ 02/13/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Giants use elderly men and women.
If not this year then I bet they could be added to MLB 15 The Show.

But how old are we talking here?

# 348 BravesBoy @ 02/13/14 05:38 PM
Seems like to much attention has went into the "beards" and the "grass blades". Im sure this is just to wet our whistles, so im not gonna go overboard with criticizing this.

I know much more is expected for the ps4 version. But from what little i've seen and read i'm still excited for it. The ultimate test for me will be seeing gameplay..until then i'm just in wait and see mode.

# 349 Blzer @ 02/13/14 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
If not this year then I bet they could be added to MLB 15 The Show.

But how old are we talking here?
They have "ball dudes." I don't think I've ever seen one under 40 (note, I'm not saying 40-65 years old is "elderly"). Most of the time, I see them as pretty old folk who make the crowd laugh because they can't ever catch a ball and seem to always fall in the process.

The point is they aren't hot blondes or go-getters fresh out of a junior college.

Here's a video of one of the younger ones... who just did not have it that day lol.

EDIT: This is more appropriate, I guess.

# 350 PSNation @ 02/13/14 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
I read this twice, and I still don't know if the "Carried Over" seasons apply to last year's version, or this year's version going forward to next year's?

I mean to say: will I be able to continue my Franchise from MLBtS13 on MLBtS14?

Hmm... Probably not, huh? Only this year going forward, maybe?
No, 14 is the first one, moving to 15

# 351 PSNation @ 02/13/14 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Thought I read it somewhere. I could be mistaken.
It wasn't supposed to be revealed yet

# 352 Heroesandvillains @ 02/13/14 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
Seems like to much attention has went into the "beards" and the "grass blades". Im sure this is just to wet our whistles, so im not gonna go overboard with criticizing this.

I know much more is expected for the ps4 version. But from what little i've seen and read i'm still excited for it. The ultimate test for me will be seeing gameplay..until then i'm just in wait and see mode.
Ok. I kind of agree. But...

You've been here long enough to see the countless upon countless threads about facial hair and 3D rendered grass, right?

I look at this more as a testament to the kind of detail talented programmers can get out of the new hardware. The PS4 is a beast and I'm thrilled that the folks over at SCEA can try to push its limits.

These kind of details weren't possible last gen. Lara Croft's hair got a lot of play in the press too. But these kind of things do matter wen this kind of technology involved.

# 353 tnixen @ 02/13/14 05:46 PM
And also as you can see no bullpen pitchers to be seen

I guess this would be really hard to do in MLB the Show even for PS4

O well maybe someday.

# 354 PSNation @ 02/13/14 05:47 PM
Seems like no one is reading anything any more, so I think that I'm done here lol. I have to edit a podcast.

# 355 Blzer @ 02/13/14 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNation
Seems like no one is reading anything any more, so I think that I'm done here lol. I have to edit a podcast.
If you're inferring I'm one of those people, you'll have to excuse me for that. I explained my reasoning earlier.

Thanks for all that you've done so far today, Glenn.

# 356 tnixen @ 02/13/14 05:53 PM
I think it was Gamespot who leaked that info about "Community Challenges including moments from history and the present alike".

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/can.../1100-6417719/

# 357 Born Again @ 02/13/14 05:57 PM
After having very little info now there is an abundance. Has it been confirmed anywhere no sounds of the show on ps3?

# 358 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/14 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again
After having very little info now there is an abundance. Has it been confirmed anywhere no sounds of the show on ps3?
Pretty sure SOS will be in the PS3 version. The PS4 version is looking like a no at this point

# 359 Born Again @ 02/13/14 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Pretty sure SOS will be in the PS3 version. The PS4 version is looking like a no at this point
I hope so I am already 100% committed to the Vita and ps4 versions If the ps3 has SOTS and the ps4 does not then I will get all 3 versions

# 360 Cavicchi @ 02/13/14 06:05 PM
Still no mention of editing potential

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.