Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Just announced at the PlayStation Experience, Josh Donaldson is the cover athlete for MLB 16 The Show. Will get trailer up in a bit. The game arrives on March 29, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (No Vita).

UPDATE: Here is the MLB 16 The Show trailer.

MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 The Kid 24 @ 12/11/15 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
The Rumored addition of MLB Network would definitely take some of the staleness away I bet if done right of course
Where did you see this?

# 222 bronxbombers21325 @ 12/11/15 10:55 AM
I will admit, the game is starting to feel a bit stale. Not from a gameplay aspect, but it just seems like we have seent the same game every year since the PS3 days. The gameplay is as close to perfect as it can get, so I wouldn't touch a thing regarding that. I don't even have a problem with the player models that everyone seems to hate. However the cut scenes, and presentation need a complete over haul. Maybe show some pregrame scenes from outside the stadium, show scenes of batting practice. There are really all kinds of scenes that they could add to make it feel more like a real telecast.

# 223 dalger21 @ 12/11/15 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Where did you see this?
In a screenshot taken from the trailer, there is an ad for the MLB Network.

# 224 JayD @ 12/11/15 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
In a screenshot taken from the trailer, there is an ad for the MLB Network.
I hope they've changed some of the visual ads within the stadiums. I really got sick of seeing 3 ads, one mega ad, behind homeplate for MLB 15 the show while pitching at Turner Field.

# 225 ryanmc564 @ 12/11/15 03:58 PM
I'm actually surprise MLB network hasn't been used in the show for awhile now since mlb network uses The Show's stadium back grounds for their gameday feature.

# 226 Knight165 @ 12/11/15 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I'm actually surprise MLB network hasn't been used in the show for awhile now since mlb network uses The Show's stadium back grounds for their gameday feature.
$$$$$$------->
instead of $$$$$$$ <-----------

M.K.
Knight165

# 227 Speedy @ 12/12/15 01:31 PM
My hat goes off to...

tnixen

The things you notice are just phenomenal.

# 228 countryboy @ 12/12/15 01:42 PM
These threads are always entertaining.

One video, a million assumptions.

# 229 tnixen @ 12/12/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
My hat goes off to...

tnixen

The things you notice are just phenomenal.
thank you I think lol

# 230 ShowTyme15 @ 12/12/15 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
These threads are always entertaining.

One video, a million assumptions.
Same thing different year.

# 231 Knight165 @ 12/12/15 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Should be different this year....there were a lot of ultimatums with promises of action.

M.K.
Knight165

# 232 dalger21 @ 12/12/15 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Yup.......

# 233 TonyMoraco @ 12/14/15 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I will admit, the game is starting to feel a bit stale. Not from a gameplay aspect, but it just seems like we have seent the same game every year since the PS3 days. The gameplay is as close to perfect as it can get, so I wouldn't touch a thing regarding that. I don't even have a problem with the player models that everyone seems to hate. However the cut scenes, and presentation need a complete over haul. Maybe show some pregrame scenes from outside the stadium, show scenes of batting practice. There are really all kinds of scenes that they could add to make it feel more like a real telecast.

I completely agree, I skipped MLB 15 this year, and Im still playing 14 on PS3 (will switch to PS4 and 16 in march), and honestly in this trailer I see the same animations, motions and feel as 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14.

# 234 HealyMonster @ 12/14/15 10:21 PM
I don't understand the whole "political correctness thing" this game gets on this forum. Like the second anyone says anything negative 4 or 5 people feel the need to respond to essentially discredit any negative viewpoint of the game. Like if someone criticizes the game, they have no idea what they are talking about, or are crazy, or have an agenda. But the people defending the game are "mature" and know inside secrets, they "hold the truth"

They are still using assets in the ps4 game from the PS3 game. They "built the stadiums from scratch" for the ps4, but used the same graphics and assets. It's inexcusable some of these stadiums the graphics they are using on the ps4. 1 year acceptable, 2 years, ok, not great but year 3, were still playing in PS3 stadiums? Why did I go out and buy this expensive console if a game made by Sony going to keep releasing PS3 games every year?

# 235 WhiteBunny @ 12/15/15 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
I don't understand the whole "political correctness thing" this game gets on this forum. Like the second anyone says anything negative 4 or 5 people feel the need to respond to essentially discredit any negative viewpoint of the game. Like if someone criticizes the game, they have no idea what they are talking about, or are crazy, or have an agenda. But the people defending the game are "mature" and know inside secrets, they "hold the truth"
Yep. And those guys often don't know what they're talking about. The thread about MLB 15 framerate ( inconsistent and often sub 30 ) was hilarious. I really hope developers work hard on that point, framerate wise this game is really far from a solid experience.

# 236 vidgames @ 12/15/15 12:36 PM
Great post monster. If the models are indeed unchanged it's going to make a lot of people upset. "Improved logic" seems to be the fancy wording Scea has been using the past few years.

# 237 tnixen @ 12/15/15 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Great post monster. If the models are indeed unchanged it's going to make a lot of people upset. "Improved logic" seems to be the fancy wording Scea has been using the past few years.
Well then I expect a lot of people to be upset because I highly doubt this will be the year we get completely new player models. I am sure the player models will get some small improvements like better skin tones maybe more detail in the faces and Jerseys. But more then likely it will be the same body types, Jersey material and animations.

# 238 dubcity @ 12/15/15 12:50 PM
Models are okay-ish, except for the heftier guys who just look like regular dudes with pillows under their jerseys. Pablo, etc.

# 239 tnixen @ 12/15/15 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster

They are still using assets in the ps4 game from the PS3 game. They "built the stadiums from scratch" for the ps4, but used the same graphics and assets. It's inexcusable some of these stadiums the graphics they are using on the ps4. 1 year acceptable, 2 years, ok, not great but year 3, were still playing in PS3 stadiums? Why did I go out and buy this expensive console if a game made by Sony going to keep releasing PS3 games every year?
This I also wonder about sometimes.

All the PS4 stadiums were built from scratch but why are most of them using the same graphics and assets from the PS3 version which in a lot of cases were not very accurate in the first place. My only guess is the Sony team sometimes has a hard time getting accurate photos of the real stadiums which is why they had to re use a lot of the same in accurate graphics and assets from the PS3 version . It would be great if all the MLB Teams could just send updated photos to Sony. That would make things easier for them instead of having to search the internet or asking us here at OS for help. Of course I am more then happy to help out the Sony team with any info on stadiums they may need But I can only help so much. It would be so easy for every MLB team to take pictures and send them to Sony.

I guess MLB teams have much more important things to worry about then sending updated stadium pictures to Sony to help make MLB The Show better

# 240 countryboy @ 12/15/15 05:18 PM
I would like to point out two things and then I'll let those these ideas go against, bash me and criticize me for "defending the game"

1) They have less than a year to make each new game. Everything takes time and resources. The idea is to build upon themselves year after year and do things right.

2) Changing the player models isn't as simple as changing the player models. Changing the player models requires them to then recapture every single batting animation, pitching animation, and overall gameplay animation.

Sorry for the interruption, I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.