Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Just announced at the PlayStation Experience, Josh Donaldson is the cover athlete for MLB 16 The Show. Will get trailer up in a bit. The game arrives on March 29, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (No Vita).

UPDATE: Here is the MLB 16 The Show trailer.

MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 tnixen @ 12/06/15 11:59 AM
I noticed something in the beginning of the video where it shows the closed roof. If you look closely at the crowd it looks like the lighting is changing. Maybe it means the roof will actually animate and open and close in realtime? I was thinking when they finally added open and closed roofs you would just select it at the settings menu and when the game launches the roof would already be opened or closed. But maybe we actually get to the roof actually opening or closing?

On second thought I think I am wrong I think it is just the granny video that makes it look like the lighting is changing lol O well sorry about that.

# 122 tnixen @ 12/06/15 12:48 PM
Small thing but I like that they added the base runners speed rating! It could come in handy when deciding to get that extra base or not.

# 123 Drew127 @ 12/06/15 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Didn't the team say they would be working on adding more stats for 16 during one of those live streams they did for 15?
I think I recall this. But priorities can change, I usually take statements like that with a grain of salt. Not saying it won't happen, but someone saying something more than a year out may not mean much.

# 124 Spokker @ 12/06/15 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Small thing but I like that they added the base runners speed rating! It could come in handy when deciding to get that extra base or not.
Yeah, sometimes I pause during baserunning to look at the speed rating and remind myself of whether I should send the runner home.

# 125 Smallville102001 @ 12/06/15 02:26 PM
I may skip this years game for the first time in years. MLB 14 was the first time where I felt like the game didn't really get any better in fact in some ways it got worse besides the graphics going from ps3 to ps4 but even then it wasn't that big of a jump. MLB 15 I thought over all improved a lot from 14 but even still this game is now lacking big time in 2 things.

1. Graphics- Last gen the game had the best graphics in a sport game by far. Now the game is while behind NBA 2k, NHL and also behind madden. Like another people have said the player models need to be improved big time and from looking at this trailer it looks like the game is not going to real look much different then the past few years.

2. Franchise mode- There is just not a lot to do and still not having things like ticket prices back in the game that they took out sever years ago is pathetic and lack of stats. Hopefully they can build on the radio show thing from last year and maybe even make it into more of like a highlight show. Maybe this will be improved this year but we don't know yet and I remember something came out last year saying franchise mode was going to be changed a lot only for it to be almost the same has past years.

# 126 forme95 @ 12/06/15 02:55 PM
I hope they improve (like the video showed) the ball at the pitcher. Gets beaned and is fine to continue and throws for a out like routine

# 127 Armor and Sword @ 12/06/15 04:05 PM
I am going to patiently wait for the entire fact sheet and Franchise blog to come out.

This Dev team has never let me down. I know they are going to make plenty of improvements for us long time hard core franchise baseball freaks.

This game is a baseball sim at it's soul. Nothing about that I hope will ever change. Baseball is not an arcade game. We are a hardcore fan base. They know this.

I have played this game the exact way I have wanted to since I started with the series (2009). I don't think that will ever change.

Patience.

# 128 Syce @ 12/06/15 04:08 PM
well i already pre ordered the digital deluxe. (yes i have money to spend).

Cant wait

# 129 forme95 @ 12/06/15 04:16 PM
Ive never pre ordered a game. I figure its always going to be there when I want to buy it. That said, I may actually pre order it just on principle to know I own the game before I have it lol

# 130 WaitTilNextYear @ 12/06/15 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am going to patiently wait for the entire fact sheet and Franchise blog to come out.

This Dev team has never let me down. I know they are going to make plenty of improvements for us long time hard core franchise baseball freaks.

This game is a baseball sim at it's soul. Nothing about that I hope will ever change. Baseball is not an arcade game. We are a hardcore fan base. They know this.

I have played this game the exact way I have wanted to since I started with the series (2009). I don't think that will ever change.

Patience.
Does anyone remember when the fact sheet came out for '15? Was it Jan/Feb?

# 131 redsox4evur @ 12/06/15 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
January 28.

# 132 JayD @ 12/06/15 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
GUYS! I don't think you noticed, so I made some illustrations on this screenshot to draw your eye to the biggest thing to happen to The Show after the Chick-fil-A Dalmatian.
Only one more year of the Chick-fil-A Dalmatian!

# 133 ShowTyme15 @ 12/06/15 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I may skip this years game for the first time in years. MLB 14 was the first time where I felt like the game didn't really get any better in fact in some ways it got worse besides the graphics going from ps3 to ps4 but even then it wasn't that big of a jump. MLB 15 I thought over all improved a lot from 14 but even still this game is now lacking big time in 2 things.

1. Graphics- Last gen the game had the best graphics in a sport game by far. Now the game is while behind NBA 2k, NHL and also behind madden. Like another people have said the player models need to be improved big time and from looking at this trailer it looks like the game is not going to real look much different then the past few years.

2. Franchise mode- There is just not a lot to do and still not having things like ticket prices back in the game that they took out sever years ago is pathetic and lack of stats. Hopefully they can build on the radio show thing from last year and maybe even make it into more of like a highlight show. Maybe this will be improved this year but we don't know yet and I remember something came out last year saying franchise mode was going to be changed a lot only for it to be almost the same has past years.
Feels like we've all heard this story before............

# 134 tnixen @ 12/06/15 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Here you go

http://forums.theshownation.com/foru...how-fact-sheet

# 135 Stolm @ 12/06/15 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Feels like we've all heard this story before............
Not a very constructive post.

No need to play down every post criticizing certain aspects of the trailer, or The Show in general.

I'm sure quite a few of those that criticize certain aspects of The Show each year, are some of the most passionate fans, and only want to see the game be the best it can be.

And let's not forget, this game isn't free, it cost money. And if I am spending my hard earned money year after year, supporting the devs, I am going to throw my 2 cents in.

# 136 DJ @ 12/06/15 09:44 PM
So sad the Vita version is done, but anyone that's followed Sony's stance on its own hardware shouldn't have been surprised this was coming.

I still play 12, 13, 14 and 15 with current and classic rosters, so I've got enough to tide me over, and I can still use Remote Play at home, I suppose.

Cross-saves was a life-saver for me and enabled me to play deeper into Franchise/Season modes with all of my travel for work. Not sure how that will work for me now that I'm restricted to just the PS4 version.

# 137 Knight165 @ 12/06/15 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Not a very constructive post.

No need to play down every post criticizing certain aspects of the trailer, or The Show in general.

I'm sure quite a few of those that criticize certain aspects of The Show each year, are some of the most passionate fans, and only want to see the game be the best it can be.

And let's not forget, this game isn't free, it cost money. And if I am spending my hard earned money year after year, supporting the devs, I am going to throw my 2 cents in.

I don't think he's criticizing the portion of the post that contains the users issues.
I think he's saying that each and every year.....posters say that they are skipping....no way they are buying.....etc...blah blah blah because of some issue and and don't follow through on that promise.

So yeah....(maybe not in Smallville did/does....I have no idea...but I think he means in general anyway)....in a way he's right.

M.K.
Knight165

# 138 ShowTyme15 @ 12/06/15 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I don't think he's criticizing the portion of the post that contains the users issues.
I think he's saying that each and every year.....posters say that they are skipping....no way they are buying.....etc...blah blah blah because of some issue and and don't follow through on that promise.

So yeah....(maybe not in Smallville did/does....I have no idea...but I think he means in general anyway)....in a way he's right.

M.K.
Knight165
Nailed it on the head.

# 139 Stolm @ 12/06/15 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
That isn't ShowTyme's first post like that in this thread. Which is why I called him out on it.

Non-Constuctive criticism of people posting criticism on game forums annoys the hell out of me.

This forum isn't a shrine to the almighty The Show.

# 140 Knight165 @ 12/06/15 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
That isn't ShowTyme's first post like that in this thread. Which is why I called him out on it.

Non-Constuctive criticism of people posting criticism on game forums annoys the hell out of me.

This forum isn't a shrine to the almighty The Show.
That's fine....but that's also why I pointed out that he was likely talking about another topic entirely.

It sounds like he gets annoyed at the "I'm not buying posts" and wants to call those guys out.

Don't kill the messenger!

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.