Home

Charter04's Madden NFL 15 Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden NFL 15 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2014, 07:32 PM   #729
Rookie

Cruiser006's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Charter04's Madden NFL 15 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb2445
Charter,

Question about your slider set. Do you see many long TD runs or passes? Like do your RB's break loose or WR's beat the CBs on deep patterns?

I ask because I've played several All-Madden sets but the games seem very robotic. Challenging yes, but not very realistic. My long runs with my RBs are anywhere from 10-15 yards before I'm swamped by defenders. And forget about any long pass completions. The DBs blanket my receivers and I've never actually seen a WR break free on a deep pattern.

Games are challenging, but it gets kinda boring just plowing for 5 yards every carry and completing short slants or posts for 10 yards. I've read in the forums and it seems that All-Pro gets you a more Sim Style game. Do you think your sliders generally provide that?

Thanks

I have had big plays just like tdog. I've also been frustratedly shut down while the CPU had its way with me. I've also had both...most recent game I played I opened with a deep ball TD on the first play of the game and then was shut down for the rest of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #730
Rookie

Espo725's Arena

OVR: 0

Yo. New to the thread/forum and using custom sliders. I downloaded the top one on the sharing page from Charter, is that the one all of you are talking about. So far I like it. Just was wondering if that's the correct one
Old 01-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #731
Pro

bjb2445's Arena

Would raising the CPU run blocking from 5 to say 15 actually make them worse at running the ball? Is the 5 setting by specific design?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 12:48 AM   #732
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Just got to the Playoffs in my first season. Been wanting to write a little synopsis of how it went while using these sliders. Might be to much or maybe even useless info but felt like typing it up anyway so there

Decided to take over The San Diego Chargers after the first season was complete. Once it hit the offseason Mike McCoy was fired for new up and coming coach Hawk Tyler. The Chargers were coming off a playoff berth so the were pretty decent overall.

Biggest FA loses were probably B. Flowers-CB, K. Dunlap-LT, S. Wright-CB, and D Freeney-ROLB retired. Not to bad overall. Went into FA trying to shore up WR, OL, CB, and SS. Snagged J. Kuhn-FB to upgrade the position. Went hard after D. Bryant-WR but couldn't muster up a high enough contract. Got J. Webb-LT who was pretty solid and N. Mangold-C to replace N. Hardwick-C who was a great signing. Got C. Woodson-FS on a 1 year contract to help because I was planning on drafting a SS. Lastly I got W. Moore-SS for S depth. Not to bad and didn't overspend on anything.

Going into the draft I was looking at WR, OL, CB, SS, and maybe OLB/MLB for depth. Used JRT2006's Madden Scouting tool and it worked wonderfully. Really convenient way to keep track of everything you want to, well, keep track of. Decided to switch to a 4-3 from a 3-4 and luckly was able to move some guys and actually made my defense better I think. Here's my draft:

-D. Anderson - WR - Rd 1 Pk 27 - Beast. This is the guy I wanted bad. 6'4", 216 lbs. Just a big cit/spc WR who has solid 93 spd to go along with it. Superstar dev also. Finished season at 86 ovr. Won OROY with 98 rec, 1258 yds, 14 tds. Him and Allen are awesome.

-C. Jordan - LG - Rd 2 Pk 20 - Solid player that fits my mold perfect. Can play all interior positions and ended up starting the last 12 games or so. Finished at 79 ovr.

-R. McGhee - CB - Rd 3 Pk 20 - Another beast with superstar dev. Finished season at 86 ovr. Physical man corner. Had some injury problems and no big stats but played well.

-A. Francois - CB - Rd 3 Pk 23 - The 2nd part of my secondary remake. Quick dev. Another physical corner who didn't have crazy stats but played well. Finished season at 78 ovr.

-W. Ives - SS - Rd 4 Pk 20 - Bummed by him. Had what seemed to be great physical ratings with maybe some worked needed in intangibles but came in at 63 ovr and just couldn't get on the field. Hoping he can improve in his 2nd season.

-H. Blalock - QB - UDFA - Really dumb (38 awr) with okay throwing stuff, 91 thp, 74 sac, 80 mac, 66 dac, 90 run, 66 pac. Physical beast though, 87 spd, 93 agi, 90 acc, 79 elu, 72 car, 77 bcv, 86 jkm, 78 spm. He'd make a decent HB. Didn't play but just wanted to show his attributes.

- D. Mays - ROLB - UDFA - I actually drafted an OLB but this guy I just liked a little bit better. He started the last 8 games of the season and really came on with 60 tak and 3 sacks. Not to bad for a 68 ovr guy. He had talent around him which I think helped him excel. Physical beast who just needs his arw, prc, pow/fin moves upped. Should be solid.

Whew. So now that that's down here is my starters:

QB - P. Rivers - 99 ovr
HB - R. Mathews - 85 ovr/A. ellington - 83 ovr(for some reason he was on the roster when I took over. Not complaining)
FB - J. Kunh - 88 ovr
WR - K. Allen - 89 ovr/D. Anderson(rookie) - 86 ovr/M. Floyd - 84 ovr
TE - L. Green - 82 ovr/ A. Gates - 81 ovr
LT - J. Webb - 78 ovr
LG - C. Jordan(rookie) - 79 ovr
C - N. Mangold - 89 ovr
RG - M. Ramirez - 83 ovr
RT - D. Fluker - 78 ovr

LE - J Attaochu - 82 ovr(started last 7 games after I tweaked my D)
RE - M Ingram - 92 ovr
DT - C Liuget - 88 ovr/K Reyes - 77 ovr(started last 7 games after I tweaked my D)
LOLB - L. Ray(rookie) - 68 ovr(started last 7 games after I tweaked my D)
MLB - D Butler - 88 ovr
ROLB - D Mays(rookie) - 68 ovr(started last 7 games after I tweaked my D)
CB - R McGhee(rookie) - 86 ovr/J Varrett - 85 ovr/A Francois(rookie) - 78 ovr
FS - C Woodson - 87 ovr(flopped him and Weddle for last 7 games after I tweaked my D)
SS - E Weddle - 97 ovr( flopped him and Woodson for last 7 games after I tweaked my D)

Pretty solid if I don't say so myself. Now I don't play every game. Usually play between 5-8 games a season and sim the rest because I want to get more seasons in and I'm short on time. I ended up playing 7 games. I finished 12-4 overall (5-2 in games played and 7-2 in games simmed). So my team was pretty damn good even when simming which, to me, makes these sliders that much better. Not only was I fun and competitive but it also seemed to coincide with the sim stats. Can't ask for more.

Season Stats:

Rivers was lights out finishing 2nd in MVP and OPoY to Brady(dick). He did win Best QB. 103.8 qbr, 4918 yds, 34 tds, 8 ints, 69% comp.

Mathews was also lights out finishing 3rd in Best HB. 237 att, 1106 yds, 9 tds(in only 11 games cuz, shocker, he got hurt lol). Ellington had 180att, 714 yds, 7 tds.

Allen and Anderson killed it. Andersons stats are above and he was 4th in Best WR and Allen was 8th. Allen had 106 rec, 1405 yds, 7 tds.

Green and Gates split time because of injuries but they combined for 94 rec, 1005 yds, 7 tds.

Butler had 105 tak with Weddle and Woodson have 88 and 81 respectively.

Ingram lead with 12 sacks followed by Liuget and Reyes at 8 and 7 respectively.

Verret went off with 8 ints. Weddle and McGhee bot had 3.

Finished 1st in Total Off with 6825 yds, 2nd in Pass Off with 4864 yds, 4th in Rush Off with 1961 yds, and 2nd in PPG with 30.4

Finished 5th in Total Def with 5004 yds, 10th in Pass Def with 3800 yds, 5th in Rush Def with 1204 yds, and 7th in PPG with 20.3.

On a side note the Patriots finished 1st in the league in Ints with 35!!! God damn man.

Well that's all I've got. Getting ready to play my Divisional Playoff game here and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for reading. Hopefully you got something out of it and if not just enjoyed it.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 01-03-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #733
Rookie

I'm piggy backing on tdawg, these sliders are the best sliders I've played with, they feel very organic, I'm getting realistic completion percentages and no game is ever the same and I love it, I'm using the Panthers and, I'm 4-5 heading into week 10, Cam Newton has been playing terrible but my defense has been stepping up recently and giving us chances to win low scoring games, but there are some games where Matt Stafford throws 5 TDs and Megatron catches 8 balls for 185 and 3 TDs, really liking how these play, I believe I'm done searching for the best fit for me with sliders, I've found it
Old 01-03-2015, 12:30 PM   #734
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb2445
Would raising the CPU run blocking from 5 to say 15 actually make them worse at running the ball? Is the 5 setting by specific design?
As long as you are only make small changes at a time it should be fine. Bump it up, play 2-3 games to get a feel, then evaluate. The problem that happens is people make lots of changes and then things get out of whack and they don't know what caused it. These sliders this year are very sensitive. That's what's great about this approach. Things have been brought down and you can slowly bump up a certain area if you feel it's lacking. If it doesn't play right after the change at least you will know why and can try something else.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
Old 01-03-2015, 12:42 PM   #735
Rookie

hey tdawg, just a quick question, are you noticing CPU QB struggling to throw for multiple TDs? Or is it just maybe the QB's that I'm going against?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #736
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralsHockey
hey tdawg, just a quick question, are you noticing CPU QB struggling to throw for multiple TDs? Or is it just maybe the QB's that I'm going against?
I've been burned by some. As a matter of fact my last game Chase "Freaking" Daniel in my last game. He had 3 TDs. Freaking guy was playing insane good. But the game I played before I held Flaccid in check. I'd say stick with it. I think the in game hot/cold function has a lot to do with it as well. Once Daniel started playing well he started rolling where as Flacco was struggling and just couldn't get it going. My defense is pretty good though.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »