Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #785
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

After testing a lot of extreme values, nothing was working. Even my old "ultra low" holding slider setup that worked beautifully prior to patch 3 looked very "off". I decided to try a more "moderate" setup - keeping offsides/false start close to default and keeping the holding slider close to those two values. Now, I actually mis-entered a couple of values, but just decided to roll with them (it may turn out to be a "happy accident" for you Bob Ross fans out there ). This is what I have for the penalty sliders (everything else is the same as usual):

Offsides: (MM - 50) (CFM - 60)
False Start: (MM - 50) (CFM - 60)
Offensive Holding: (MM - 40) (CFM - 50)
Defensive Holding: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
Facemask: (MM - 40) (CFM - 50)
Illegal Block ITB: (MM - 45) (CFM - 54)
RTP: (MM - 45) (CFM - 54)
Def PI: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
All others set to "on"

This is extremely preliminary, but I have also tried a couple of different matchups and have seen a modest improvement (pressure, though, comes more from one guy beating his block than the pocket collapsing). I'm posting this now to a) get some more eyes on this and b) so I have a record in case something wonky happens .

I have a three day weekend beginning Friday, so I am going to look at this as our starting point beginning tomorrow night (yes....I know the RTP slider can lead to some questionable calls....just roll with it for now...we'll deal with it soon enough).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 11:30 PM   #786
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
After testing a lot of extreme values, nothing was working. Even my old "ultra low" holding slider setup that worked beautifully prior to patch 3 looked very "off". I decided to try a more "moderate" setup - keeping offsides/false start close to default and keeping the holding slider close to those two values. Now, I actually mis-entered a couple of values, but just decided to roll with them (it may turn out to be a "happy accident" for you Bob Ross fans out there ). This is what I have for the penalty sliders (everything else is the same as usual):

All others set to "on"

This is extremely preliminary, but I have also tried a couple of different matchups and have seen a modest improvement (pressure, though, comes more from one guy beating his block than the pocket collapsing). I'm posting this now to a) get some more eyes on this and b) so I have a record in case something wonky happens .

I have a three day weekend beginning Friday, so I am going to look at this as our starting point beginning tomorrow night (yes....I know the RTP slider can lead to some questionable calls....just roll with it for now...we'll deal with it soon enough).
Josh--it's your contention that this latest patch is having an adverse effect on your default AP sliders with the MM CFM penalty settings that you initially discovered with King? If so, I may disconnect the Internet and not dl the patch bc I really liked how the game was playing with those settings. Even with the oline push.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:00 AM   #787
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
At work atm mate but will post when I get home. Australian time difference sorry
I understand. I'm posting from Australia as well brother.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:15 AM   #788
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Josh--it's your contention that this latest patch is having an adverse effect on your default AP sliders with the MM CFM penalty settings that you initially discovered with King? If so, I may disconnect the Internet and not dl the patch bc I really liked how the game was playing with those settings. Even with the oline push.
Not at all. Yesterday's patch did nothing important except waste space on my hd. I'm just not satisfied with the op set and wasn't before the patch.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #789
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

Quote:
Not at all. Yesterday's patch did nothing important except waste space on my hd. I'm just not satisfied with the op set and wasn't before the patch.
"Yesterdays" patch? (I dont have internet access at the moment) a new patch dropped?

Last edited by dorsett33; 12-10-2015 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #790
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
"Yesterdays" patch? (I dont have internet access at the moment) a new patch dropped?
Yeah, it just did something for draft champions mode.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #791
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:

All others set to "on"

Why the drastic changes Josh, I thought the last set played pretty good?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #792
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Why the drastic changes Josh, I thought the last set played pretty good?
From a statistical output and "feel" standpoint, it is. However, there is still way too little pressure for my taste and the run blocking is such that it doesn't allow for a dynamic line interaction in the line play.

Example, a guard and tackle double team the DT. A lb is trying to fill the gap and the rb is trying to hit that hole. Currently, the guard sticks with the double team and the lb fills the hole to make the play. What I am trying to accomplish, and have to a degree, is to set things up where the guard disengages from the double team and TRIES to make the block on the lb, thus potentially springing a long play.

Dynamic lineplay also means that linemen push instead of hold...when done right, trapping guards will shove the defender instead of latching onto him and holding him in place.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-10-2015 at 12:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »