Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2017, 02:18 PM   #3609
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
Been using these for my 1993 roster CFM. Getting tired of stuffing ball carriers for 33 of the 35 attempts a team makes only to give up 145 yards on the two carries I don't stack them up.......Good lord I need to figure a solution. Guess I am getting too aggressive at times. lol
Yeah, if you call a lot of run blitzes, that will happen for sure.. Personally, I call a lot of base defensive plays...so while I give up more consistent short runs, I also limit the longer ones. It is a bit of a chess game at times.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #3610
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, if you call a lot of run blitzes, that will happen for sure.. Personally, I call a lot of base defensive plays...so while I give up more consistent short runs, I also limit the longer ones. It is a bit of a chess game at times.
Part of my problem is injury. Lost Greg Lloyd for about a month to injury. Not much depth behind him. May move Chad Brown to the edge (ala 1996), but then that leaves a whole in the middle. Would have to replace two spots to replace one. Might be better to just ride it out.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #3611
Rookie

Talking Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

So glad I stuck through the doubts of playing with your suggestions of default all pro again this year. Die hard browns fan and I hate starting off my first season having so much success because I guess I am so used to them losing so much.
Started my season off losing to the eagles in a nail biter but soon followed with a 7 game winning streak and man that's when my doubts were really starting to set in. Actually kinda looked at maybe trying a new slider set. However I decided to try your sliders one more game because i had New England on my schedule next and I figured if I beat them I'm done! Needless to say I took the worse beating I have ever taken from an AI opponent in my my very long madden career.
Now I am on a 5 game losing streak and what I thought my browns were headed to there first playoff appearance in a very long long time is now in serious jeopardy!
This is the most fun I've had in a long time.
Thanks for your hard work Josh. I used your sliders last year to and this is my first ever post here just to say thanks for bringing some life back into the game I forgot I loved so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 09:03 PM   #3612
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawMessiah
So glad I stuck through the doubts of playing with your suggestions of default all pro again this year. Die hard browns fan and I hate starting off my first season having so much success because I guess I am so used to them losing so much.
Started my season off losing to the eagles in a nail biter but soon followed with a 7 game winning streak and man that's when my doubts were really starting to set in. Actually kinda looked at maybe trying a new slider set. However I decided to try your sliders one more game because i had New England on my schedule next and I figured if I beat them I'm done! Needless to say I took the worse beating I have ever taken from an AI opponent in my my very long madden career.
Now I am on a 5 game losing streak and what I thought my browns were headed to there first playoff appearance in a very long long time is now in serious jeopardy!
This is the most fun I've had in a long time.
Thanks for your hard work Josh. I used your sliders last year to and this is my first ever post here just to say thanks for bringing some life back into the game I forgot I loved so much.
Well howdy! I'm so happy you decided to really give these a shot and let them sink-in. I gotta be honest, if I had been in your shoes before that NE game, I would've been questioning things too But the funny thing is that, much like real life, a bad loss can really send things spiraling out of control.

The Browns are actually pretty interesting on Madden. Horrible in real life, but even using the default preseason rosters, they have a lot of usable pieces (from a Madden perspective) like Crowell, Duke, Gordon, Coleman and those outside pass rushers/corners. I've actually found myself struggling more in some cases using some of the better real life teams (Baltimore comes to mind...bad o-line, meh RBs, crap receivers, crap secondary...they just don't translate well (for my style anyways) in Madden).

Thanks for posting; it's things like this that keep me going on the 'slider front'. If I make even a small number of people happy...it makes it all worthwhile. So many others on OS have done the same for me in other games through their sliders, rosters, etc.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #3613
Rookie

Blew out the Lions (minus Stafford) 31-0. Close one against the Skins 24-17 (hit some big runs with Ryan Matthews) Vikings up next.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #3614
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well howdy! I'm so happy you decided to really give these a shot and let them sink-in. I gotta be honest, if I had been in your shoes before that NE game, I would've been questioning things too But the funny thing is that, much like real life, a bad loss can really send things spiraling out of control.

The Browns are actually pretty interesting on Madden. Horrible in real life, but even using the default preseason rosters, they have a lot of usable pieces (from a Madden perspective) like Crowell, Duke, Gordon, Coleman and those outside pass rushers/corners. I've actually found myself struggling more in some cases using some of the better real life teams (Baltimore comes to mind...bad o-line, meh RBs, crap receivers, crap secondary...they just don't translate well (for my style anyways) in Madden).

Thanks for posting; it's things like this that keep me going on the 'slider front'. If I make even a small number of people happy...it makes it all worthwhile. So many others on OS have done the same for me in other games through their sliders, rosters, etc.

Will you Check pm josh
Old 05-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #3615
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Fired up a new franchise last night w these after months of inactivity. Definitely seeing what you mean with slow speed in MM.

Josh- did you ever look at the DEFENSIVE schemes? Curious for your take on them.. I don't believe them to be as clear cut as they should, kind of like what we see with the offensive schemes.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2017, 01:29 PM   #3616
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Fired up a new franchise last night w these after months of inactivity. Definitely seeing what you mean with slow speed in MM.

Josh- did you ever look at the DEFENSIVE schemes? Curious for your take on them.. I don't believe them to be as clear cut as they should, kind of like what we see with the offensive schemes.
Hey buddy, how's it going. I'm actually really glad you got around to trying these....you've always had a good eye for the passing game; so I had a hunch that the results from the slow MM speed would pique your interest.

Defensive schemes...I'll be 100% honest, it just isn't my forte. The only thing I can really say is that I think using more base defensive schemes could be beneficial (i.e. base 34 and base 43 schemes, rather than the attacking schemes). Like NCAA 14, I think the CPU blitzes a bit too much...some of that may be attributable to the scheme. However, I can't find blitz percentage numbers from 2016 to provide objective recommendations to cross-check with default team schemes.

I thought about using the generic defensive playbooks for teams, but frankly....what little defensive identity the teams have with their default PBs to begin with would be lost...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »