Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2018, 02:25 PM   #1257
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Still experimenting with 9 minute quarters. So far, i don’t like it as much as 10. Just doesnt feel the same. Kinda hard to explain. It’s not horrible, just different.

But i’m not sure if we can use 10 minutes anymore because the cutscenes are quicker, and there’s less instant replays. The pace of games has changed since the patch, or so it seems to me. Just had 132 plays in a 9 minute game. Next game i watch i’ll Time it to see how long it takes. Seems like game’s may be 5-10 minutes quicker than before, and prepatch it was taking 1 hour 35 minutes.

Do the 9 minute quarters seem different to you guys?

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 11-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #1258
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven’t had the chance to play anything today, should be able to get a couple in tomorrow for a look. It’s a busy w-end for me not going to have much play time.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #1259
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Still experimenting with 9 minute quarters. So far, i don’t like it as much as 10. Just doesnt feel the same. Kinda hard to explain. It’s not horrible, just different.

But i’m not sure if we can use 10 minutes anymore because the cutscenes are quicker, and there’s less instant replays. The pace of games has changed since the patch, or so it seems to me. Just had 132 plays in a 9 minute game. Next game i watch i’ll Time it to see how long it takes. Seems like game’s may be 5-10 minutes quicker than before, and prepatch it was taking 1 hour 35 minutes.

Do the 9 minute quarters seem different to you guys?
I hope it’s not like having the acc clock on again where qbs don’t audible so much and play calling goes back to what it was.

It made such a big difference for me when we turned the clock off. It felt like the coach and QB ratings really made a didference in how the offense played.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #1260
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug78
I hope it’s not like having the acc clock on again where qbs don’t audible so much and play calling goes back to what it was.

It made such a big difference for me when we turned the clock off. It felt like the coach and QB ratings really made a didference in how the offense played.
It’s not the qbs not audibling. It’s the flow of the game. Before in a weeks worth of watched games, i seen passers range from 55 attempts to 22 attempts. With 9 minute quarters, they’re all passing it 30-35 times. Just not the variety. It’s not bad, i just liked it better when there was a wider-range of Pass attempt averages. The games don’t feel as different as the did with 10 minutes.

Even after the patch, 10 minute quarters was still random. They jacked the offense up in the patch and it skewed the yards stats bad. Probably gonna go back to 10 minute quarters. Will give it a few more games. Just really liked how 10 played. Don’t know if 10 will give too many plays now.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 11-22-2018, 03:06 PM   #1261
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
It’s not the qbs not audibling. It’s the flow of the game. Before in a weeks worth of watched games, i seen passers range from 55 attempts to 22 attempts. With 9 minute quarters, they’re all passing it 30-35 times. Just not the variety. It’s not bad, i just liked it better when there was a wider-range of Pass attempt averages. The games don’t feel as different as the did with 10 minutes.

Even after the patch, 10 minute quarters was still random. They jacked the offense up in the patch and it skewed the yards stats bad. Probably gonna go back to 10 minute quarters. Will give it a few more games. Just really liked how 10 played. Don’t know if 10 will give too many plays now.

This is my input:

Since patch, offense has been jacked a lot. I mean running game is somewhat overpowering now. Which is good thing to see! RBs are more deadly now. My issue is I’m seeing giant gaping holes for them to run through or I’m seeing miss tackle after miss tackle which is racking up yards like mad. Passing game, it doesn’t feel much different before patch?

10 minutes was a smoother slow, not as fast paced as 9 minutes. You did see more passing attempts, variety too. You saw variety rushing attempts too. My issue is with 10 minutes is offense of stats are way up, scores are somewhat getting crazy. But is there a way we can tame the crazy amount yards and such with minimum slider tweaks? This patch to me like woke the offenses up haha. A lot of offense, defense kind of nonexistent at times.

9 minutes in the game I’m currently testing, its playing great! Play count might be low though, I’ll know when it’s over though. Right now starting the 4th I’m winning 21-24 with 8:12 left. I am still noticing a lot of broken tackles and sometimes zero pass rush which is leading to big plays? Something wasn’t seeing before hand.

Finally, I think you can’t go wrong with 10 minutes or 9 minutes. You could also make it a preference thing or an option Tommy. Some might prefer 10, some might prefer 9. Not one shoe fits all kind of thing. Personally me, I’m liking 9 minutes right now with new patch. Might be fewer plays (unsure still first game was), but stats are lining up pretty well right now. But before patch, I hated 9 minutes and thought wasn’t that great and found 10 minutes to be fantastic. But again, I need to test more and to see how it ends up. so far two games under my belt almost with 9 minutes. As of right now, the feel of 9 minutes feels a little fast but at the same time it isn’t. At times feels like 10 minutes, other times it feels a lot faster. I can’t explain it, but I’m liking 9 minutes for now. We will see!

I’ll keep testing.(:

twitch.tv/mvpeterson2828

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 11-22-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #1262
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Giants Vs Raiders
Week 4 preseason
35-27
580-494 total offense
189-177 rushing yards
391-317 passing yards
21-16 first downs
660-554 total yards
7-50/2-15 penalties

9 minute quarters and latest tweaks to OP. I’ll be running another test game in a few in regular season with a test franchise to see. 124 plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #1263
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Giants Vs Raiders
Week 4 preseason
35-27
580-494 total offense
189-177 rushing yards
391-317 passing yards
21-16 first downs
660-554 total yards
7-50/2-15 penalties

9 minute quarters and latest tweaks to OP. I’ll be running another test game in a few in regular season with a test franchise to see. 124 plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yards is just high. When i get back home, i’ll try some small tweaks.

Teams finished:
Old 11-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #1264
Rookie

thanks man, it’s a bit of a head scratcher, post patch I saw a big jump in offense. Especially rush yds and scoring, but pass comp % dropped also meaning deflections increased.

Going from Tommy’s last post in your next game can you also post the pass and rush atts for each team? Pre patch i was seeing games where rush atts were at 50% of some games total plays and was loving it, but like Tommy said post patch it’s turned into a passing league with yd’s per rush jacked right up as well.

Seems like offense has been jacked up to being like an arcade game full of big highlight reel plays. The 3 games I played after the patch at 10 min qtrs all had at least 3 big plays over 50yds which really threw the stats out of wack. Without them the stats would have been close to what they were pre patch except playing and looking much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »