Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2018, 10:29 PM   #169
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lknpk16
Played Atlanta @ Philadelphia with the controller on Atlanta. I also used 0 tackle. Atlanta won 30-10.

This game was a comedy of errors for the Eagles. Jay Ajayi broke his hand in the 1st quarter and never returned, Carson Wentz threw 4 picks - 2 of them for pick 6's and key penalties killed the Eagles chances of scoring. Zack Ertz was the only bit of offense Wentz could throw to aside from an Alshon Jeffery 40+ yard TD. Outside of that, the game was a lot closer than you think even though the scoreboard doesn't say it. Both defenses were tough as neither offense could get going. Phily's defense was particularly good outside of the 1st quarter and shut down Julio Jones who only caught 1 pass for 9 yards.

Matt Ryan was on fire early giving Atlanta an early 17-3 lead after the 1st quarter, but didn't do anything for the rest of the game after Atlanta got the second pick 6. Ryan only threw what would probably be a career low 20 passes which was less than the number of carries Devonta Freeman had in the game (22). Freeman and Coleman combined for 129 yards on the ground on 27 carries. Coleman broke through the middle for a 40+ yard TD in the 1st quarter. One surprising stat I found was Atlanta never had a penalty in the game. Fluke possibly???

In short, I bought into the story that the game was telling and was exactly the type of experience I look for in a Madden game. These are some terrific sliders (dare I say the best sliders I've ever used in any Madden game). Might need to test some more and probably try the Tackle slider at 5 and see what kind of game I get with that. Thanks again Tommy for providing these.
No problem man. Working on the picks and the run game. These are really, really close. May not be able to perfect until after patches. Ball speed on passes needs tweaking.

Good detailed report that makes it feel like i watched the game. Just what i need.

Will get a game in when the kids sleep. May not have fixes tonight, maybe i will, these feel close.

Crazy that they didnt have a penalty. Probably an anomaly. Ive seen teams have just 1 but never 0 in these tests. Kind of like that that happened.

I think the best part of this set is how the autosubs/fatigue/new specialty subs really get a great, realistic back rotation.

Ajayi always gets hurt when i play with them. Seems like there was a RB with the ravens last year that did this too. Maybe a roster update will fix it.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:57 AM   #170
Hall Of Fame
 
NoleFan's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,190
Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Could success or failure be based more on scheme than anything else?

I ask because with IND, the offensive scheme with the highest percentage of players that fit was Vertical Zone Run at 83%. I ran that for a few games then went back and revisited it. Despite being 3-1, my run game suffered. My OLinemen are power guys and vertical zone run requires agile guys. So if theyíre calling running plays requiring agility that my OL doesnít have, Iím going to struggle running then ball. It got me to thinking that maybe I should sacrifice some percentage points to run a scheme that fits my OLinemen better as the OLine is so important in football.

It has only been 1 quarter but this is what Marlon Mack has done in Week 5 at NE after switching our offensive scheme to West Coast Power Run (79% scheme fit and all OLinemen fit):



The first play of the game was a 35 yarder after he bounced it outside.

Also makes me think that maybe the issue people see with CPU teams could be due to poor scheme selection...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-16-2018 at 08:40 AM.
NoleFan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:28 PM   #171
Rookie
 
ncbravesfan's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Tested your latest sliders last night, Tom and they'd played the best that I've seen so far. Now, I did use them on Play Now, but was pretty happy with the results. Giants beat the Browns 38-24. I saw the least amount of TFL that I've seen yet (I think it was 4 for the Browns and 5 for the G-men). The only wonky stat was a huge amount of false start penalties. I think out of the 18 combined penalties, 10 or 11 were false starts. There were also a few holding, one delay of game, one offsides, and one illegal touching.


Overall, very pleased and looking forward to doing more testing tonight. Keep up the good work!
ncbravesfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #172
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbravesfan
Tested your latest sliders last night, Tom and they'd played the best that I've seen so far. Now, I did use them on Play Now, but was pretty happy with the results. Giants beat the Browns 38-24. I saw the least amount of TFL that I've seen yet (I think it was 4 for the Browns and 5 for the G-men). The only wonky stat was a huge amount of false start penalties. I think out of the 18 combined penalties, 10 or 11 were false starts. There were also a few holding, one delay of game, one offsides, and one illegal touching.


Overall, very pleased and looking forward to doing more testing tonight. Keep up the good work!
Good deal man.

Got them looking even better now. Think Iíve about got it figured out. Playmakers shared some info with me thatís helped too. Also figured out things with pass game that gets wrs catching the ball.

https://youtu.be/l-uSM5bhBnE

First time ive seen stuff like this on 19. Almost there.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:21 PM   #173
Just started!
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

How would I go about changing the auto-subs for both teams? I'm sort of new to this
guku36 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:35 PM   #174
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by guku36
How would I go about changing the auto-subs for both teams? I'm sort of new to this
In CFM look in the top right corner of the screen and youíll see franchise hub.

In Franchise Hub just hit R3=pressing down right stick
which will bring up Madden Messenger
Then hit RB to select Create Charcter
Use the old coach
R3 to switch characters or add new one
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #175
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Could success or failure be based more on scheme than anything else?

I ask because with IND, the offensive scheme with the highest percentage of players that fit was Vertical Zone Run at 83%. I ran that for a few games then went back and revisited it. Despite being 3-1, my run game suffered. My OLinemen are power guys and vertical zone run requires agile guys. So if theyíre calling running plays requiring agility that my OL doesnít have, Iím going to struggle running then ball. It got me to thinking that maybe I should sacrifice some percentage points to run a scheme that fits my OLinemen better as the OLine is so important in football.

It has only been 1 quarter but this is what Marlon Mack has done in Week 5 at NE after switching our offensive scheme to West Coast Power Run (79% scheme fit and all OLinemen fit):



The first play of the game was a 35 yarder after he bounced it outside.

Also makes me think that maybe the issue people see with CPU teams could be due to poor scheme selection...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Haenít dove into the new scheme system, but what youíre saying would be my first approach.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #176
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Apr 2010
Blog Entries: 7
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Just played my first CFM game with these sliders and I'm impressed

Very defensive game and the Raiders led 16-10, when the Rams got the ball back with around 4 minutes left. Rams went for it on 4-1 on the 6 yard line and hit Robert Woods on a quick slant to go ahead by one with a little under 2 minutes left. Derek Carr threw a pick on the ensuing drive and the game ended 17-16.

Carr actually threw 2 picks in the last 2 minutes with desperation throws, but here is the stat line;

Rams - Raiders
Score 17 - 16
Total Offense 359 - 339
Rushing Yards 49 - 96
Passing Yards 310 - 243
First Downs 16 - 13
Turnovers 2-3
3rd Downs 4/12 - 8/17
4th Downs 1/1 - 0/0 (Rams went for it to win the game)
Penalties 6/35 - 4/40

Goff 27/38 322yds 2td 2int
Carr 22/33 253yds 2td 3int (2int in final 2 minutes)

Gurley 16-39yds
Lynch 18-69yds

Robert Woods 5-33-1
Jordy Nelson 7-97-1

Mark Barron 10-1 11 tackles
Whitehead 4-5 9 tackles
Rams 1 sack
Raiders 3 sacks Mack, Irvin, Hall

Pass/Run
Rams 41/21 3drops 13 btk 8tfl 8pdef 0ff
Raiders 34/29 4drops 15 btk 7tfl 6pdef 1ff
141 Total Plays

13 combined punts 45avg 36net 4in20 4tb

Super sad my team lost, but I expected a tough game against the Rams. The late turnovers sucked for my stats but very realistic IMHO. I'm running Panthers O playbook, (Vertical/Power Run) and Buccaneers D playbook (46 defense)

I'll post more stats versus a lesser opponent later
__________________
http://bleedingedgegaming.com/

Last edited by cursive; 08-16-2018 at 07:11 PM.
cursive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 PM.

Top -