Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #353
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
I actually hate them divisonal games, tbh. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but last two Maddens I felt like something (ratings?) was artificially boosted in those games to keep them close, no matter the "base" ratings.

As Packers in M18, I couldn't beat Bears and Vikings to save my life, but easily dismantled the Lions. As Titans in M19, Texans were unbeatable while Jaguars games were nail-biters, as was one of the Colts games; the second one, I always blew them out.

Hopefully that's not the case this year anymore...

Nevermind, part of why chose the Jets this year was the fact that the division except for Pats should be playable even with relatively flawed roster. Miami is... whatever it is, and Bills are not far ahead, either. And after Brady retires... boom!!! The path to division crown and thus playoffs should be WIDE open.

Btw, are you going to roll with auto-generated draft classes, Armor? (I'll bet my house that Josh is, so no point asking him. )

1000% yes.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-14-2019, 02:45 PM   #354
Pro

Josh, in your OP you mention the need to turn off 'Auto-Flip Defensive Playcall'. Could you explain the difference it makes on gameplay? What would the consequences be if I didn't switch it off?
Old 08-14-2019, 03:11 PM   #355
Pro

MillerTime89's Arena

OVR: 24

Does anyone have advice for red zone offense? I rarely ever get a positive play inside the 5, unless I scramble with a QB. Seem like every run gets stuffed, or if I spread it out, I’m getting sacked and/or make a passing mistake due to pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 03:22 PM   #356
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboy67
I chose the jets as my first project but man they are easy to rebuild. Got to the superbowl already in season 2 but lost to the Cowgirls. Jamal Adams is a dog and that defense is just missing a piece or two I picked up Kendall Fuller in the offseason and my pass D is great, Darnold plays amazing for me, Leveon rushes for almost 200 a game and Robbie Anderson’s 94 speed torches almost every corner.

Anybody can suggest a real hard rebuild this year? I don’t do trades or anything I play as sim as possible but Jets have it pretty good in madden.
I have been finding the Vikings to be an interesting rebuild. Year 1 they are fairly stacked but they have a horrible cap situation. Without trading, you have about 200k in cap space in the first off-season. I was forced to resign no one in the off-season resign period then make a trade to free up a little cap space to sign a player or two in free agency then use draft picks for all my holes. Year 2 off-season is a little better but I didn't have enough to resign Cousins as I focused on quantity of holes over 1 quality player. I am in the season 2 draft now (simulating most games to get a feel for progression and the new draft classes) and will have to pick up a mid round QB to hold the spot.

They went 7-9 in year 1 and 4-12 in year 2. Been fun because it is a different kind of challenge. I will have to let some of the bad and big contracts run their course before I can put my mark on the team. Only trading when I have to as I did in season 1 for cap space.

Long story short, check them out. As said above it's a bigger challenge post year 1.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 08-14-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:29 PM   #357
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
Josh, in your OP you mention the need to turn off 'Auto-Flip Defensive Playcall'. Could you explain the difference it makes on gameplay? What would the consequences be if I didn't switch it off?
Two schools of thought.

1. It's a way of challenging yourself on defense. You 100% can make adjustments manually to flip it if you understand how to read the defense and know the play calls by their description on the play-call screen.
2. There is an underlying thought that this setting can allow for some fairly "psychic" play-calling by the CPU. Frankly....the fewer assists left on, the better the game plays.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #358
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboy67
I am using strictly the OP and honestly it probably is just Bell being the best back I’ve used since I always rebuild teams. But to build off of this how many moves do you make on a single play Josh? I’ve noticed the cpu a lot of the times will just let the defender run up and tackle them so maybe as a user I should sometimes not act like Shady McCoy every play. Seems too easy this year to but the shake on guys especially since CPU teams will start slow veterans over young guys
Let me put it this way....I usually fail horribly at the skills trainer sessions for run moves.

I tend to use bigger guys....guys who shouldn't be trying moves like a little scat back....and I don't. If I used a Bell, I'd be plowing forward and following my blocks....not dancing around. Now...that's just how I play (and probably why I've had no complaints about fumbles this year outside of playing against the enforcer guys). Do NOT handicap your play style....play your game, and if it gets to be easy...make the move to AM and give yourself another chance to improve.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #359
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

I've played all of two CFM games of Madden 20 so far this year... and likely won't get into it again until after the first major gameplay patch. But dammit I just spent a slow afternoon at work reading 18 pages of this slider thread.

So to Josh, Armor, TDawg and all the rest... never stop reaching for the stars. You guys and your tireless mad scientist lab work are some of the few things that gets me looking forward to this shambling mess of a game every year. My inner Keanu thanks all of you...

Old 08-14-2019, 05:41 PM   #360
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
They made stiffarms a bit ridiculous. It's worse on comp/arcade...but I do personally think it needs to be a bit less effective.
Ah. Thank you. I actually like them, from what I see, the animations are mostly beautiful, and since I am generally bad at sticks & buttons, more powerful stiff arms from my guys certainly don't hurt.

Now that I think of it, however, I very seldom see CPU runners use one. They mostly juke and spin... Or maybe it's only selective memory on my part... getting old...
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »