Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2019, 07:30 PM   #361
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Don't look now, but I but we got a title update folks......

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #362
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Don't look now, but I but we got a title update folks......

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's no biggie....no gameplay changes.

Next week will be much more interesting.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:31 PM   #363
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1

Just a heads up, if you exit & resume a game, "ineligible WR" will revert back to off. i don't resume games often but be nice if they fixed it
Old 08-15-2019, 04:01 PM   #364
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterB33
Just a heads up, if you exit & resume a game, "ineligible WR" will revert back to off. i don't resume games often but be nice if they fixed it
Why is this slider not included in the slider screen, I don't get why we have to keep setting it before each game.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:40 AM   #365
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Good morning.

I made some changes to the OP.

So, I am reverting the DPI and DH sliders back to default. The main issue was really the DPI - it closes down the coverage a bit too much (or at the very least, makes the CPU "think" coverage is too tight). Either way, the CPU isn't nearly as much a threat as they were before we made that change.

After testing out the changes last night and doing some video review, I do feel that raising DPI made the CPU offense less 'threatening' and it's a very consistent pattern (all of my losses since initially making the switch to 49DH/51DPI were due more to me 'blowing it' than the CPU 'beating me'....that's not what I want). In other words....we got some 'Slider RNG' there.

This is a great example of a change that sounds good on paper, looks good on the field initially, but then after a while, you start seeing the same patterns emerge. The last thing we want is to stifle the CPU offense - we do that, they handle the ball less, meaning our offenses get more time, wearing down our offensive guys more....it begins to skew everything.

The coverage with those values at default is still there...it's just going to be a bit more ratings-dependent. Make sure you make FULL use of the tools at-hand (shading, shifting, etc.) and pay close attention to ratings (especially with your LBs - you will get eaten alive by TEs if they suck in coverage).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #366
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I will say that after only five CFM games the variety of games is impressive. I've blown out the CPU from start to finish, been blown out by 21, had a crazy comeback OT win after being down 16 in the 4th, and had a low-scoring first half that turned into a shootout in the second.

I think that's one of the keys to sticking with CFM each year. If the games become repetitive and every game is a shootout then most gamers will get bored pretty quickly. Hopefully the variety will continue throughout my CFM.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-16-2019, 12:03 PM   #367
Rookie

Phillyboy67's Arena

OVR: 0

I definitely feel that the cpu has been missing aggressiveness. The only team to really make me sweat was the cowboys in the superbowl since they had tons of x factors and ability players. The rams are very easy to beat because of their speed. The Texans did carve me up since Deandre Hopkins is ridiculous.

CPU qb’s make some **** reads too. They often throw it to the rb/te that gets tackled immediately instead of a open receiver. Or they run a terrible RPO
Old 08-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #368
Rookie

OVR: 0

Josh should we be running roughing the passer at 50 or 51? Or is it just personal preference ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »