Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #1129
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
The line play is most disturbing. No sense of the pocket collapsing. It's still the win/loss of the past. This prevents you from feeling the pressure because there is none. It's simply a DL getting off his block instantly and sacking you. Why don't we have a pushed pocket? It's possible to do because users can do it. Once again, something that's worked on for two plus years and the implementation is still wrong.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
I see what youre saying but you can definitely push an offensive lineman back into the pocket without shedding a block and create pressure in M25.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #1130
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I see what youre saying but you can definitely push an offensive lineman back into the pocket without shedding a block and create pressure in M25.
Yeah, that's true. Been doing that since last year, I don't know how people keep saying stuff like that, when if you actually played the game it happens as clear as day. I wish people were actually not so stubborn and would actually play Madden and not just opine about how "awesome" 2K5 is.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #1131
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
Yeah, that's true. Been doing that since last year, I don't know how people keep saying stuff like that, when if you actually played the game it happens as clear as day. I wish people were actually not so stubborn and would actually play Madden and not just opine about how "awesome" 2K5 is.
He said that users can do it, but that the CPU doesn't. I agree with him.. I played a lot of M25 and the pressure came from DL shedding blocks, not pushing and collapsing the pocket.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #1132
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

But folks are stubborn though.

RIF
Old 07-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #1133
Banned

OVR: 25

Still think the animations are the worst of all sports games.

Guess that's expected with such a crappy engine overall that is pretty much the same one since 07.

Same ol animations for the past decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #1134
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
The line play is most disturbing. No sense of the pocket collapsing. It's still the win/loss of the past. This prevents you from feeling the pressure because there is none. It's simply a DL getting off his block instantly and sacking you. Why don't we have a pushed pocket? It's possible to do because users can do it. Once again, something that's worked on for two plus years and the implementation is still wrong.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
Like someone else mentioned, I guess the bold went unnoticed and therein lies another core issue, imo, that the CPU/AI utilizing every applicable thing the User can is overlooked in Madden.

I wish TIburon and some of their supporters weren't so stubborn and would actually strive to make Madden play football, so others could stop having to opine about how "awesome" 2k5 is.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #1135
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
He said that users can do it, but that the CPU doesn't. I agree with him.. I played a lot of M25 and the pressure came from DL shedding blocks, not pushing and collapsing the pocket.
That's all madden defenders do. Pick out bits and pieces of a post, and instead of replying to it all. They take one sentence to dissect. And still end up wrong.
LA DODGERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #1136
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Another thing is the way they do injuries. Players can get hurt, get up slowly, limp for a bit and get back into things all while the game is still going on. I wish I could see in Madden a WR come down awkward on his ankle. Limp to the sideline/huddle and maybe struggle running their route. Then they either shake it off or leave the game and have to get it checked out. I don't think players can even limp in Madden. If you play them injured they just have lower stats.
Something else that used to be in the game. Madden 11, I think, was the last time I saw something like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »