Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #561
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Perhaps, but I did notice it's a contract position.

From Rex in the tweet thread:

New roles opening up on Franchise mode. Would love to see some die hard OS guys apply!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #562
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I just want to touch on a pet peeve of mine and address the use of the word "sim."
"but I think when people say SIM issues they are referring to franchise mode features."

Sim has traditionally meant gameplay, but many gamers now use it to describe features they would like to see. I've seen people post wishlists where they made a comment along the lines of "more sim features like custom draft classes." There is nothing "sim" about custom draft classes.

My main point is the oft repeated mantra that Madden caters to the casual crowd, the "EA will not add this feature because the casuals won't use it" line. This is entirely false. What EA is intent on is apparently building Madden as an Esports franchise. Now setting aside the 3 gameplay styles in this Madden, online head to head is not inherently un-sim. In fact I'd argue that they are doing a superb job in making a competitive game built around the concept of authentic NFL football.

I am not trying to be pedantic here, when Rex hears us crying for sim features as if Madden neglects those things, I sympathize with him and the rest of the team because they have added a hell of a lot of sim features. In this regard the game has come along way since gimmicks like the "weapons" feature.

Most of us are pointing out that the problem is the lack of attention to the single player offline experience, and that is not interchangeable with sim features.

I guess what I would like is for the community to get away from the whole sim vs the world mentality. First it was sim vs casuals, now its framed as sim vs online. We don't need to portray sim as the good guys and whoever else as the bad guys holding the game back.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:26 PM   #563
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Perhaps, but I did notice it's a contract position.

From Rex in the tweet thread:

New roles opening up on Franchise mode. Would love to see some die hard OS guys apply!
Sadly my only experience is modding my PC games otherwise I'd apply for sure. That would be like a dream of mine. Hell I'd take a significant paycut to get that job.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:39 AM   #564
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Let’s make a list of users to send to them.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:50 AM   #565
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
Let’s make a list of users to send to them.
Who on OS is qualified?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #566
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't think it's a matter of who is qualified, but who is interested.

A person needs to be interested in relocating to Austin or Orlando, FL.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #567
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I just want to touch on a pet peeve of mine and address the use of the word "sim."
"but I think when people say SIM issues they are referring to franchise mode features."

Sim has traditionally meant gameplay, but many gamers now use it to describe features they would like to see. I've seen people post wishlists where they made a comment along the lines of "more sim features like custom draft classes." There is nothing "sim" about custom draft classes.

My main point is the oft repeated mantra that Madden caters to the casual crowd, the "EA will not add this feature because the casuals won't use it" line. This is entirely false. What EA is intent on is apparently building Madden as an Esports franchise. Now setting aside the 3 gameplay styles in this Madden, online head to head is not inherently un-sim. In fact I'd argue that they are doing a superb job in making a competitive game built around the concept of authentic NFL football.

I am not trying to be pedantic here, when Rex hears us crying for sim features as if Madden neglects those things, I sympathize with him and the rest of the team because they have added a hell of a lot of sim features. In this regard the game has come along way since gimmicks like the "weapons" feature.

Most of us are pointing out that the problem is the lack of attention to the single player offline experience, and that is not interchangeable with sim features.

I guess what I would like is for the community to get away from the whole sim vs the world mentality. First it was sim vs casuals, now its framed as sim vs online. We don't need to portray sim as the good guys and whoever else as the bad guys holding the game back.
I prefer the term "solo franchise" because some of us play an online solo franchise and some of us play it offline. To me that is the distinction, not wheter it is on or off line.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:21 AM   #568
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't think it's a matter of who is qualified, but who is interested.

A person needs to be interested in relocating to Austin or Orlando, FL.

The ability to code matters. I would love to work on madden but i do not have those skills. That is a very specific subset of people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »