Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #569
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
The ability to code matters. I would love to work on madden but i do not have those skills. That is a very specific subset of people.
Agree, I just feel you need both attributes, the ability to code and the ability to located in one of those two locations.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #570
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree, I just feel you need both attributes, the ability to code and the ability to located in one of those two locations.
I don't know if i could handle orlando. The daily tantrums to go see a princess by my girl would be too much.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #571
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

I was only making a joke about lists.

It’s clear to me that Deuce is the only one of us that should get a job like that. We all have some good ideas and perspectives, but Deuce has shown the skills to design an actual mock up (that doesn’t copy ESPN layouts).

Personally, I’d love to go down to Austin (I love Texas) and help get this Mode back on track in whatever way I could help, but I have a family that I can’t uproot, nor would my wife appreciate me going down there on my own and leaving her with our 8 year old son lol.

They should definitely consider devoting a section of their Game Changer program to Franchise Mode, though. I think that would be very beneficial. And if they already do that, then mix up some of who they have now with some of the guys from this board that have good ideas; guys who play the mode differently so we can have a balanced chat and all views can be considered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #572
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

I just read the OOTP Baseball feature list posted here on OS

Quote:
Redesigned Injury System. Injuries in OOTP 18 has been reworked to be more realistic and interesting. A detailed injury history is tracked for players, the injury database has been enhanced, there are now nagging little long-term injuries, injuries to different body types have different long-term effects, and much more.
We can only dream of something as obvious as that in franchise mode.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #573
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Ah, good ole OOTP, best baseball text sim out there.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:34 PM   #574
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I was only making a joke about lists.

It’s clear to me that Deuce is the only one of us that should get a job like that. We all have some good ideas and perspectives, but Deuce has shown the skills to design an actual mock up (that doesn’t copy ESPN layouts).

Personally, I’d love to go down to Austin (I love Texas) and help get this Mode back on track in whatever way I could help, but I have a family that I can’t uproot, nor would my wife appreciate me going down there on my own and leaving her with our 8 year old son lol.

They should definitely consider devoting a section of their Game Changer program to Franchise Mode, though. I think that would be very beneficial. And if they already do that, then mix up some of who they have now with some of the guys from this board that have good ideas; guys who play the mode differently so we can have a balanced chat and all views can be considered.
Not disputing that deuce is qualified, but game design isn't just creating interface mockups either. I don't know the professional background of posters here, but there are many skills that could carry over into game design. Someone with experience in project management or software engineering could be qualified for the job(s), even if their idea of a interface is a spreadsheet.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:13 PM   #575
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Not disputing that deuce is qualified, but game design isn't just creating interface mockups either. I don't know the professional background of posters here, but there are many skills that could carry over into game design. Someone with experience in project management or software engineering could be qualified for the job(s), even if their idea of a interface is a spreadsheet.
Wasn’t saying that’s the only thing, but he’s the only one I’ve seen lately be able to put the ideas on the table into a nice-looking presentation (not only the visuals he produced, but the detailed explanations of everything). He’d be the only one I’d have confidence in, because whoever gets this job is likely going to have to present ideas in an organized and understandable fashion, and Deuce has proven on these boards that he can do just that.

Maybe he doesn’t have the experience they are looking for in some area, or maybe Deuce doesn’t want to do it. I think he’d be successful, if given the opportunity, to help the team. No offense to anyone else on this board, mind you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2017, 04:41 PM   #576
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
Wasn’t saying that’s the only thing, but he’s the only one I’ve seen lately be able to put the ideas on the table into a nice-looking presentation (not only the visuals he produced, but the detailed explanations of everything). He’d be the only one I’d have confidence in, because whoever gets this job is likely going to have to present ideas in an organized and understandable fashion, and Deuce has proven on these boards that he can do just that.

Maybe he doesn’t have the experience they are looking for in some area, or maybe Deuce doesn’t want to do it. I think he’d be successful, if given the opportunity, to help the team. No offense to anyone else on this board, mind you.
I'd agree he would probably be successful, but I also think we* are overstating the role these new hires will have. More likely they will start in a minor role like QA.
Still, I don't think it is clear he would be the only member of this community qualified for such a job. Not seeking an argument of course, I'll just leave it at I disagree with your original wording.

Edit: By we I don't mean you and I, but maybe the board at large.

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 10-21-2017 at 04:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »