Home

Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2019, 11:22 PM   #81
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

This all sounds intriguing. I play NBA MyLeague (offline) just about year round and make it through multiple seasons. I haven't purchased Madden in a few years and before that, I couldn't tell you the last time I made it through more than one season. I would love to see Madden make it to the point where it rivaled 2K for my game playing time. I'm also in the "don't tell me, show me" state when it comes to Madden however this news at least put Madden 20 on my radar.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2019, 12:40 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I’m genuinely excited about the additions. I’ve been hoping for a personality and morale system for a looong time now.

But I still what the core components of franchise fixed. Y’all know what my number one is, the AI. Giving players unique animations is all well and good, but teams and players need to actually behave differently.

The Ravens make the perfect example, think of how the offense completely changed when they switched to Jackson as qb. I want AI teams in franchise able to do that
Old 04-28-2019, 10:31 AM   #83
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I get your attitude and frustration and I'm sure it's covered in my Hot Takes signature, but the only thing we can do is wait till next Thursday and see what comes out of the developer stream and blog.

No use burying anything that we don't know and yeah, I get the prior history part and not buy into the hype.(also covered in hot takes. lol)

It's not time to start playing Debbie Downer, yet.
Yeah my downer attitude is based on history, as you observed. I don't deny that. I know I should probably have a more optimistic attitude when they claim they will address issues with a core game mode I love. This is exactly what I should be excited about.

But we have all heard this hype before.

It's just hard to get excited about hype like this, when they have literally peddled the "we are totally spicing up franchise this year guys!" rhetoric at least two times in the past. Most notably in M25 when they added the new uniforms that Looman designed (which are un-changed and still panned years later). I remember that year also added UDFA's to franchise and it screwed up the AI cut logic so bad they completely removed the "feature" the following year.

So here we are in the year 2019 with a franchise mode they tacitly admit is still stale by saying this year they are re-dedicating to franchise mode. If their hype in the past was true why isn't franchise mode awesome right now?

Sorry I know I'm being a downer, I know MUT is the big money-maker, I know a player like me who adores old-school franchise just doesn't rake in the money, and money is what matters. So I understand why it is the way it is.

Anywho, I hope I'm wrong. I hope franchise mode is once again engaging and well tested.

Being an analyst by trade in my real life job, it's hard not to look at history.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:04 AM   #84
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Well Roadman...I think the majority of us (I am in this category for sure) is tired of being made fun of for the following conversation:

Me: “Bro! Have you seen what Madden is about this year?! Dude after reading and looking at these pics, this is the year!”

Friend: “Oh yea, last year was pretty bad man. What’s so different this year?”

Me: “They added new branching animations and new engines as well as graphics and junk. All these new improvements man! Finally Madden is gonna be awesome and I am gonna house you son!”

Friend: “Bro...you always say that about Madden. Lol You know you always hype this garbage up”

Me: *sad face*
Old 04-28-2019, 11:07 AM   #85
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Yeah my downer attitude is based on history, as you observed. I don't deny that. I know I should probably have a more optimistic attitude when they claim they will address issues with a core game mode I love. This is exactly what I should be excited about.

But we have all heard this hype before.

It's just hard to get excited about hype like this, when they have literally peddled the "we are totally spicing up franchise this year guys!" rhetoric at least two times in the past. Most notably in M25 when they added the new uniforms that Looman designed (which are un-changed and still panned years later). I remember that year also added UDFA's to franchise and it screwed up the AI cut logic so bad they completely removed the "feature" the following year.

So here we are in the year 2019 with a franchise mode they tacitly admit is still stale by saying this year they are re-dedicating to franchise mode. If their hype in the past was true why isn't franchise mode awesome right now?

Sorry I know I'm being a downer, I know MUT is the big money-maker, I know a player like me who adores old-school franchise just doesn't rake in the money, and money is what matters. So I understand why it is the way it is.

Anywho, I hope I'm wrong. I hope franchise mode is once again engaging and well tested.

Being an analyst by trade in my real life job, it's hard not to look at history.
Nah, your good, but I just feel we shouldn't pass judgement until all the information is released. I'm the first one around here saying history is a good predictor of the future.

I just wouldn't set your expectations way up there(aim high, shoot low) based on past history, either. Clint just tweeted yesterday(I'll put it in the tweets) that he hopes the core players don't pass judgement at this point as some of the core features were made for the core gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2019, 11:11 AM   #86
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Well Roadman...I think the majority of us (I am in this category for sure) is tired of being made fun of for the following conversation:

Me: “Bro! Have you seen what Madden is about this year?! Dude after reading and looking at these pics, this is the year!”

Friend: “Oh yea, last year was pretty bad man. What’s so different this year?”

Me: “They added new branching animations and new engines as well as graphics and junk. All these new improvements man! Finally Madden is gonna be awesome and I am gonna house you son!”

Friend: “Bro...you always say that about Madden. Lol You know you always hype this garbage up”

Me: *sad face*
I don't hype Madden, people are capable of making their own decisions. I get it, but if I don't like something, I move on.

Just like The Show, I love baseball and baseball video games, but I'm not shelling out major dollars for another gaming system.

Last edited by roadman; 04-28-2019 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #87
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

I think my point is The excitement level and expectations have been drastically tapered my friend. Hype not being the word I would use, but information given by Madden team creating a false narrative of what the actual product ends up being, then in creating the next year evolution of Madden, creative developers admitting “yea...we realized last year sucked in this area and knew we couldn’t do anything...BUT THIS YEAR” lol I mean...I am not bashing at all...but I do COMPLETELY understand the ill will comments towards Madden. Had EA been anything other than a Fortune 500 company, it would have shut down or at a minimum been in the black for sales do to the poor product. Let’s take away the Madden tournaments and the prize money that goes into Madden...the sheer money in advertising they pour into Madden. In terms of football gameplay and franchise depth this is a poor product and has been for the better part of the decade. In my opinion of course. Slap another company that doesn’t have the corporate budget EA does and this would be ranked long ago.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:30 AM   #88
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

After 13 years of this, I would certainly hope people can turn on and turn off the hype/excitement at their own discretion.

If you are referring to my comment from Clint, Clint doesn't try to sell the game or hype it. I don't feel stating, "don't pass judgement" is a selling point.

As far as franchise mode, I agree, it's been bare bones, but as far as game play, nah, I will agree to disagree with you on that note. In user vs cpu, the game is playing good. I've heard the user vs user isn't so great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »