Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-23-2005, 09:12 AM   #137
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

I found Manny's day interesting yesterday because everything was hit to the opposite field, which is usually a good indicator he's hitting the ball well. He easily could've had 5 hits yesterday. He smoked a line drive that was right at the 2B and was robbed of another hit on a diving catch in RF.

I had standing room tickets on the monster for the game and ended up in the 1st row.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:09 PM   #138
All Star

OVR: 25

The Red Sox should be embarrassed after that Toronto series. Only one game was even competetive and the bats were silent for the final two. Ted Lilly just has their number. And with tonight's loss they've dropped back all the way to fourth in the standings. Now its off to New York to face a red hot Yankees team. If they get swept by New York they'll be in some trouble.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:31 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would'nt read too much into it...the Blue Jays have always owned us in the past years..next up are the Yanks and they are hot right now...this series can either get us going or further are stink streak...GO RED SOX!!!!!!! lol
Old 05-27-2005, 06:29 AM   #140
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo1
I would'nt read too much into it...the Blue Jays have always owned us in the past years..next up are the Yanks and they are hot right now...this series can either get us going or further are stink streak...GO RED SOX!!!!!!! lol
wow talk about being delusional!

The Jays have been the ones who've been owned. The Red Sox have had a winning record against the Jays 3 out of the past 4 yrs.

However I also hope the Sox beat up on the Yanks but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 05-27-2005, 09:16 AM   #141
All Star

Baltimore has been the team to give the Sox trouble, not really the Jays. At least, they haven't troubled the Sox anymore than they should. They've never been as bad as the Devil Rays the past 3 or 4 years, but they weren't great either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2005, 10:22 PM   #142
All Star

7 walks tonight by Wakefield. Sox gave it away.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:19 AM   #143
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
7 walks tonight by Wakefield. Sox gave it away.
It wasn't Wakefield who served up a fat one to Gary Sheffield-it was Alan Embree. Another tough loss.

On the plus side Edgar Renteria had 3 hits so maybe he is starting to come around.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:05 AM   #144
All Star

Well, it also wasn't Wakefield who waved home Bellhorn and Damon when they had no business trying to get home. in that situation. I just meant in general, the Sox should have won last night's game. Embree shouldn't face righties anymore, they're killing him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »