Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2006, 01:31 AM   #1889
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Ouch. Delcarmen may haev struggled but thsoe last three at-bats were naty pitches. The breaking ball he struck out Thomas on was probably the single ebst pitch of the game. Nice to see Tek, who've I've been riding pretty hard for a year and a half, start to get hot. When he streaks he streaks, hopefully it keeps up.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:43 AM   #1890
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
I know he drives in a ton of runs... but how do no Boston fans express their discontent with Manny's lack of hustle?

If he played for the Yankees... he could drive in 200 runs and if he didnt haul *** down the line, he would be booed out of NY.
Some do, but the majority are smart enough to realize him turning a double into a single a few times over the course of the year is a minor detail when compared to his overall production. On top of that, Manny has been hustling much more than in previous years and has played pretty well in the field.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:24 AM   #1891
MVP

OVR: 14

Im speaking in total honesty, I feel more comfortable when Manny goes after a ball that is hit over his head than when Crisp, Pena, Nixon, or Kapler do. He always makes that catch, and has a cannon. He also plays the wall near-flawlessly. When compared to most guys with his type of run-production, his defense is very very good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 09:47 AM   #1892
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Linebrink, Burrell, Lugo mentioned
The Globe's Gordon Edes threw another name into the trading hat today: San Diego relief pitcher Scott Linebrink. But Edes also said that Linebrink (6-2, 3.72 ERA) was so valuable to the Padres that it would be difficult for them to trade him. In other news on the Red Sox rumor front, the Boston Herald is reporting a rumor that would have the Sox acquiring both Jon Lieber and Pat Burrell from the Phillies, according to an American League scout. In addition, the Tampa Tribune is reporting that the Red Sox, along with the Mets and Blue Jays, have inquired about shortstop Julio Lugo.
Am I the only one that doesn't want anything to do with Julio Lugo? This guy has Edgar Renteria written all over him. He is consistently above 20 errors a year at SS and on pace for the same this year. Granted, he's a good offensive player but Alex Gonzalez has been solid at the plate over the last two months.

I wouldn't mind getting Burrell and/or Lieber, although it would probably mean Nixon going the other way.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #1893
MVP

OVR: 15

Burrell, eh?

No thanks.

Other than the lack of power, Nixon has done pretty well aside from his recent slump.

Plus he might be able to be had for cheap at the end of the year.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-26-2006, 10:32 AM   #1894
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Burrell, eh?

No thanks.

Other than the lack of power, Nixon has done pretty well aside from his recent slump.

Plus he might be able to be had for cheap at the end of the year.
If nothing else, Nixon gets you an extra draft pick at the end of the year. I honestly can't think rationally about any trades involving Nixon. I know it doesn't make sense in today's game, but it's tough to see a guy you've watched since he was a prospect leave the organization.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #1895
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Am I the only one that doesn't want anything to do with Julio Lugo? This guy has Edgar Renteria written all over him. He is consistently above 20 errors a year at SS and on pace for the same this year. Granted, he's a good offensive player but Alex Gonzalez has been solid at the plate over the last two months.

I wouldn't mind getting Burrell and/or Lieber, although it would probably mean Nixon going the other way.
Wjhy would you guys need another SS? From what I've seen of Gonzalez he's been fantastic in the field and decent at the plate. He looks like Orlando Cabrera all over again minus some pop in his bat.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #1896
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Wjhy would you guys need another SS? From what I've seen of Gonzalez he's been fantastic in the field and decent at the plate. He looks like Orlando Cabrera all over again minus some pop in his bat.
No clue. Gonzalez has been spectacular in the field with only 4 errors and countless highlight reel plays. He's also been very good at the plate over the last couple months. (.896 OPS in June, .833 in July so far) It just doesn't make sense to get a guy who has the same weaknesses that prompted us to get rid of Edgar Renteria.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »