Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2006, 03:45 PM   #2689
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
For those in the Boston area, how serious is this whole taking down the Citgo sign in Kenmore Square?

I'd seriously be pissed off if they decided to take it down.
It's freakin ********. I've never seen more uproar about a stupid advertisement in my life. They can do whatever they want with it for all I care.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #2690
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I'd prefer him in the starters role. Granted, the closer pitches in a lot of important situations but how many games in the second half were over before it even got to him. If you don't have a good rotation, you're not gonna have a good team. Also, if they think it's gonna keep him healthier it's a no brainer.

In other news the Red Sox aren't renewing Ron Jackson or Dave Wallace. I'm not surprised about Wallace but I thought Papa Jack was here to stay.
I was surprised to hear that as well. I thought maybe both didn't want to come back or something, because it seems odd that the Red Sox would give them the boot. I think the coaching staff in baseball is largely overrated but both guys were well liked and well respected and in the cae of Jackson, got consistent results (Ortiz credits him with turning his career around). I don't see how anyone else would really be an upgrade over either one.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:43 PM   #2691
MVP

OVR: 15

Good riddance Dave (although happy he's healthy)

A little concerned about Papa Jack packing up.

I've heard nothing but great things about his coaching, and Ortiz gave him his bat that he belted his 54th HR with (however many it was).
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #2692
Rookie

OVR: 4

With Yanks possibly shopping Arod this winter does that hurt the Manny market? There is an article saying that the Sox have 25 million for free agency.

We need

2nd Base (I don't Pedroia is ready yet but probably will get the job)
Shortstop
Relief
Starter
Old 10-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #2693
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_sports_rule
With Yanks possibly shopping Arod this winter does that hurt the Manny market? There is an article saying that the Sox have 25 million for free agency.

We need

2nd Base (I don't Pedroia is ready yet but probably will get the job)
Shortstop
Relief
Starter
I'd add RF to that list as well. How sure are we that WMP is an everyday player?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #2694
All Star

OVR: 25

I think we'll see the Red Sox finally acquire the "coveted" Julio Lugo to play short since it seems likely that Gonzalez will go play for Guillen and the White Sox. Personally, I say give Pedroia second and see how he does. It's not a position that demands a significant amount of offensive production and he's learned everything he can at Triple A. If they can find a solid 4th outfielder (I don't know who's available) that would be nice since we don't exactly know what we'll get out of Wily Mo (all signs point to a sub-par OBP with a lot of homeruns and a lot of strikeouts). If Manny is dealt for pitching, then they need to go after Carlos Lee or Soriano (neither is a true replacement but one will have to suffice). If Aramis Ramirez opts for free agency then I'd love to see the Sox make a run at him and then try to deal Lowell for an arm in the pen. As for the closer/relief situation, they might as well bring Foulke back and see how he can do. I wouldn't mind seeing them give Gagne a look as well. They could probably sign him to an incentive based deal and there really isn't any sure things out on the market.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:14 PM   #2695
MVP

OVR: 15

Depending on if he feels he should be starting, Dellucci would be a nice 4th OF.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #2696
Rookie

OVR: 4

Gammons and Phillips are saying that the Yankees are going to have to pick up Sheff's option and then trade him away and pick up some money because if he goes in f.a the Sox will snatch him up to bat behind the two headed monster.

I am really intrigued by the possibilty of the Japanese pitcher but i think the Yanks will outbid the Sox but do not sleep on Seattle.

Zito will get the money from the Mets. Schmidt will go to a West Coast team; wonder if Mussina will slip away from Yanks just like Andy did. I think we should look at Mulder because I think he can be had cheap because of surgery. He is left handed and will only turn 30 next yr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »