Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #2705
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Think Macha comes in as a bench coach for Tito?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #2706
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_sports_rule
Think Macha comes in as a bench coach for Tito?
Hopefully not, given the reports we are hearing about how he communicates with players. Isn't one of the bench coach's primary responsibilities to facilitate communication between the coaching staff and players?

Also, I haven't heard anything bad about Brad Mills. I'd file that in the 'no news is good news' department, especially given how Red Sox fans tend to nitpick every minute aspect of Red Sox employees actions..

About Adam Dunn

I think the only way acquiring Adam Dunn works out is if a couple of other moves coincide with an acquisition for him. Namely, one of Wily Mo Pena or Manny Ramirez has to leave (tough choice there ), because they simply can not have 4 DH's on the roster. They would also have to obtain a right fielder who is a competent fielder above being a competent hitter (assuming one with both skills is unavailable, which I think is the case).

Then, and only then, would an acquisition of Dunn make some sense. Even still, Dunn's last year was pretty mediocre and I think it is certainly debateable whether the upgrade in offense from him vs. Youkilis or Lowell would outweigh the defensive downgrade from one of the aforementioned two . Adam Dunn is simply not a good hitter. He is just a really, really powerful one.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:31 PM   #2707
Rookie

OVR: 4

It must suck for the Nats to offer up 14 mil for Soriano and him not signing. I think the Angels or Cubs will grab him for their CF spot. If we do trade Coco in a package deal i'll like to see Juan Pierre in CF or Andruw Jones. Pierre will be a pure leadoff and I think he is a fa
Old 10-23-2006, 08:29 PM   #2708
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_sports_rule
It must suck for the Nats to offer up 14 mil for Soriano and him not signing. I think the Angels or Cubs will grab him for their CF spot. If we do trade Coco in a package deal i'll like to see Juan Pierre in CF or Andruw Jones. Pierre will be a pure leadoff and I think he is a fa
Pierre certainly has speed and hits for average but what about his arm? Any balls to left center that Manny decides to shank, Pierre would have to get in quickly

Nomar's homer off Pedro. Those four words just shouldn't go together. Not even on a day like 6/6/6. ~Bill Simmons
Old 10-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #2709
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

So what do you guys think about resigning Timlin? Personally I think it was a sucky move by the Sox. They now have a 40 year old (41 by opening day) pitcher that was running on empty last year and is bound to suck it up this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2638563
Old 10-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #2710
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
So what do you guys think about resigning Timlin? Personally I think it was a sucky move by the Sox. They now have a 40 year old (41 by opening day) pitcher that was running on empty last year and is bound to suck it up this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2638563
I'd imagine when they say "incentive laden" its very much so incetive laden to reach that $2.8 mil mark. If there is anything the Sox do well its sign pitchers that are up there in age

Nomar's homer off Pedro. Those four words just shouldn't go together. Not even on a day like 6/6/6. ~Bill Simmons
Old 10-25-2006, 08:07 PM   #2711
All Star

OVR: 25

Juan Pierre is horrible, it would make no sense to acquire him.

I don't mind the Timlin move, they're just showing him some loyalty. He is coming up on a major milestone that he said he wants to reach and the Sox are giving him that opportunity. If he sucks, they release him. It's not like he's costing them a lot next season. My only worry is that Francona will show him too much loyalty and keep sending him out there even if he stinks it up. In that case we just have to hope the front office is smart enough to know when to cut ties with a player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #2712
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Wow the Red Sox didn't raise ticket prices for 2007.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »