Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #1169
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I would need a bit of help if you please! I had a rough shoting night n MyCareer and my teammate asked me to join him on training court in a cut scene after the game. The "objective" is to hit 20 good shots in a row but no matter what I do the counter in the bottom right hand corner never changes from 0/20 to anything no matter what I do.

I have already completed one similar task with free throws before and then the counter worked. Also a funny thing is that after some point my player virtually starts to make all his shots! After he gets tired enough(shortly after the drinking bottle appears next to his name) I can shoot from half court and he makes all his shots! I'm playing the PS4 version. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a bug that just killed my MyCareer? I can only go to the park or quit the mode to main menu, but I can't abandon the "challenge" and get into MyCareer menu...Please help!!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #1170
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamppa86
I would need a bit of help if you please! I had a rough shoting night n MyCareer and my teammate asked me to join him on training court in a cut scene after the game. The "objective" is to hit 20 good shots in a row but no matter what I do the counter in the bottom right hand corner never changes from 0/20 to anything no matter what I do.

I have already completed one similar task with free throws before and then the counter worked. Also a funny thing is that after some point my player virtually starts to make all his shots! After he gets tired enough(shortly after the drinking bottle appears next to his name) I can shoot from half court and he makes all his shots! I'm playing the PS4 version. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a bug that just killed my MyCareer? I can only go to the park or quit the mode to main menu, but I can't abandon the "challenge" and get into MyCareer menu...Please help!!
You start this career after the last patch?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #1171
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
You start this career after the last patch?
I'm European. I got my PS4 at 29th November with the game and started the MyCareer after a couple of days but I had downloaded the patches(2,3 gigabytes) and installed them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #1172
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamppa86
I'm European. I got my PS4 at 29th November with the game and started the MyCareer after a couple of days but I had downloaded the patches(2,3 gigabytes) and installed them.
I understand that but did you start the my career after you downloaded the patch? or did you start it before that?

Because the problem you're having is the problem people had with MyCareer's before the patch

I started one after the patch and i got to the free throws and 20 shots in a row just fine no problems
Old 12-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #1173
Just started!

Quote:
I understand that but did you start the my career after you downloaded the patch? or did you start it before that?

Because the problem you're having is the problem people had with MyCareer's before the patch

I started one after the patch and i got to the free throws and 20 shots in a row just fine no problems

I started my MyCareer AFTER the patches had been downloaded and installed! My game was patched to version 1.02 before I started any other modes than quick games.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #1174
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

so the 2nd patch addressed the shot release: user timing vs. real player %? we could use real player % without experiencing the dreaded "0"
Old 12-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #1175
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
so the 2nd patch addressed the shot release: user timing vs. real player %? we could use real player % without experiencing the dreaded "0"
Well im not using real % because i hate it but i don't think the patch addressed that i could be wrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #1176
Just started!

Quote:
Well im not using real % because i hate it but i don't think the patch addressed that i could be wrong

I'm using the real % but I think I will give it a try with the other setting if that will fix that problem. Thanks for the info!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »