Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #1945
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesswhisper
Best way to play as a Knick or any other team!!! WORKS 100%

Its crazy I know... but a buddy of mine tried it twice. You may see him in the park as a PG - Lance Tejada.

Ok I just tried it 3 times over the past couple of weeks and it works.

At the start, when your friend asks you what team you see yourself playing for... of course you say your desired team. Then later in your career (answer and do everything as a GREAT teammate up to this point). When the GM asks if you are ok.... you MUST SAY TRADE THE TEAMMATE. Make sure you pick the highest rated teammate.

thats it! I know its crazy but it works. I didnt believe it but its true. I made it on to the Knicks. It happens before the all star game or as early as Jan 22.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch3d
So what's this glitch to get traded to your favourite team by not getting along? Any truth to it?
There you go...working on it myself now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #1946
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
There you go...working on it myself now.
Yeah, not to discredit carelesswhisper or his buddy Tejada. But I was hoping to get more feedback.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #1947
Rookie

OVR: 3

So currently we (Pelicans) sit at 22-9 leading the west..
We beat the Celtics to snap the 2 game losing streak in which games got away at the end, and idk why but we can't play defense for crap especially in the 4th quarter.. The last 3 games other teams are shooting 78%, 83%, and 93% in the 4th quarter.. The 93% was boston where it is impossible for Humphries to miss.. Seriously, they never miss an open shot and hit every contested shot unless it's blocked.. I have no idea what to do, my player does decent enough (at least in ball denial) but I mean the first 10-12 games or so it was fine but since aside from a few blow outs (LAC/HOU) it's been ridiculously hard aging defense unless we're coming from behind, then it's a little better..

Now on to arguably most annoying thing..
The organization isn't making moves that are, realistic in the sense of how it helps the team, we traded Austin Rivers and our 1st round pick for Billups (why give a pick for an aging player?) then we traded Aminu for Vince Carter.. Ok so our active 12 man roster consists of 9 Guards and 3 Forwards (I'm a SG), we run a 4 guard rotation half the time and it's annoying.. I want to get a F/C that plays defense inside..

As for my numbers

29.2 PPG
6.7 RPG
5.3 APG
1.0 SPG
1.8 BPG
61.3% FG
47.9% 3PT
83.6% FT
NBA- Los Angeles Clippers
MLB- Miami Marlins
NFL- New York Jets
NCAAF- Duke Blue Devils
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes
Old 12-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #1948
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

When i was playing against the T'Wolves, i heard a song coming from the T'wolves arena that resembles to the "Party Boy" song lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SEOguApssc

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 12-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #1949
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Just made my very own custom shoe and I'm now wearing them to hopefully finish off the Lebron-less heat in a sweep and move to the second round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #1950
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch3d
Yeah, not to discredit carelesswhisper or his buddy Tejada. But I was hoping to get more feedback.
I can confirm this. This happened to me unintentionally around last week. I was on the 76ers, I was a good teammate and had great relationships with everyone. I was sick of Evan Turners BS after he asked me to be his sidekick and I was like f*** no you suck dude. So I asked the GM to trade him and my GM relationship dropped to 1% and my agent warned me before the next game I might be traded and be careful what I say to the media. I didnt want to be traded but I had no choice. The GM traded me to the Sacramento Kings for Ben Mclemore and some draft picks and I was an 82 overall. The Kings were the team of choice I picked before the draft because I didnt want to be drafted by a terrible team. Once I read that this happened to someone else, I decided to test it out, got drafted by the Pelicans and played 6 min quarters, picked Heat, around January when I asked for Jrue Holiday to be traded I got traded to the Heat for Norris Cole. So now Im starting a new career, got drafted by the Cavs using this method to get traded to the Spurs.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #1951
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Started a new MyCareer right after the patch. Decided to make as close to a Magic Johnson clone PG as possible, so I made my guy 6'7".

Got drafted 4th by the Suns, one pick before Jackson Ellis who went to the Pelicans.

Long story short: Our team is AWFUL. We started off hot, but we only won two games in the entire month of December. I'm getting the "you're close to starting" cut-scenes, so it's only a matter of time before I finally get to take over for Bledsoe. Nobody can make any shots and Emeka Okafor hates me because I wouldn't do what he told me. Some of my problems probably stem from my teammate grade being down in the 20's as I just decided my guy was going to think he was hot stuff. It's pretty fun. I'm still averaging about 18-20ppg and 6apg in my 28mpg despite the fact they won't pass me the ball when I call for it about half the time. Even getting 1.5 blocks per game. It pays to be 6'7" sometimes. Almost too easy actually.

Last edited by BA2929; 12-23-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #1952
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
Yes, do yourself a favor and restart now before you play more games with that MC file. You're supposed to earn vc coins, which are used for everything from attributes to gear. There's even an option now (which I never had) to get a 10 point attribute boost at a cheap price for 1 to 3 games. For example, 3 point ability goes from 65 to 75, for 1 to 3 games depending which one you choose. This is great if you need a quick boost for something that cost a lot, for an upcoming tough game or series.

As for Nike and Jordan, or any name brand sneaker, you first need a shoe deal in order to equip them. You're limited to the 2K shoes until then. But instead of having to dress and buy clothes from the features tab, you can now do it from the MyCareer menu.

Also, you won't have to recreate your player much. It's already stored your looks and name.. You just adjust height, position, play style, body proportion and initial stuff like that.

I had to do it, but screw it, at least I know my game isn't glitched, and I have much more experience to play better and achieve straight As lol
Ok I'm suffering from the same bug, but can I still play with accessories? I've never tried to equip any, but I'm wondering if it'll work when I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »