Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #1961
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

would be nice to be subbed out every now and then. i'm running on fumes by the 4th.

Also, anyone been able to get some games in the park recently? or is 2K derping again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 01:34 AM   #1962
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoop
LOL, neverrr.

I went bezerk this game
What's your teammate chemistry at? My teammates never seem even half that aware. And you're on HoF? How the hell do you shake your man off the dribble so easily? I play on superstar and my man is usually on me like glue and I'm 93 overall. Not only that but when I drive the D collapses immediately. I've never seen a lane that open. Nice work.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:54 AM   #1963
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by law_1990
would be nice to be subbed out every now and then. i'm running on fumes by the 4th.

Also, anyone been able to get some games in the park recently? or is 2K derping again.
park is fun.. when it works.. I've sat at the courts for 15 minutes waiting for scores to show up on courts and they all say 0-0 .. on the rare occasion the courts will load and work correctly. Sometimes though the people who are set to play get disconnected or just leave.. then you're stuck standing on the court ready to play and it never starts

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 12-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #1964
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm officially done with this game..

93 OVR PG, 6'5 All Star Simulation

Just finished my 4th year, coming off my first championship with the Pacers after a grueling 7 game Finals against the TrailBlazers, Finals MVP, really looking forward to free agency, wanted to sign with the Kings b/c they're stacked and for some reason the Pacers have 12 guards and 3 forwards.

But guess what, ***SPOILER ALERT****

THERE IS NO FREE AGENCY!!!! I'm right back on the Pacers, when I go check my contract thinking at least I'm getting paid, wrong, apparently I don't even have a contract, I'm playing for FREE!!! But Jackson Ellis makes 12 mil a year for the Knicks. My only option now is to push for a trade, but of course when you are a good player, the receiving team will probably send all of its stars and draft picks for you, so I'm stuck in Indiana, and our team overall rating dipped 7 pts because the GM didn't resign any of the the good bench players. Thanks for dropping the ball on that one 2K.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:53 AM   #1965
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastkiller
I'm officially done with this game..

93 OVR PG, 6'5 All Star Simulation

Just finished my 4th year, coming off my first championship with the Pacers after a grueling 7 game Finals against the TrailBlazers, Finals MVP, really looking forward to free agency, wanted to sign with the Kings b/c they're stacked and for some reason the Pacers have 12 guards and 3 forwards.

But guess what, ***SPOILER ALERT****

THERE IS NO FREE AGENCY!!!! I'm right back on the Pacers, when I go check my contract thinking at least I'm getting paid, wrong, apparently I don't even have a contract, I'm playing for FREE!!! But Jackson Ellis makes 12 mil a year for the Knicks. My only option now is to push for a trade, but of course when you are a good player, the receiving team will probably send all of its stars and draft picks for you, so I'm stuck in Indiana, and our team overall rating dipped 7 pts because the GM didn't resign any of the the good bench players. Thanks for dropping the ball on that one 2K.
You dont get traded for star players or players on comparable ratings anymore since it severely limits the possible teams you can be traded for. In my first my career at various points of rating between 86-92, Ive been traded for such luminaries such as Ricky Ledo, Ben Mclemore, Lance Stephenson when I could have easily been traded for Monta, Rudy Gay, Paul George. Ive yet to be traded for someone even higher than 74. I guess the draft picks are the big deal but those draft picks are completely useless to your team if you're at a high rating considering you probably wont be tanking lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 04:11 AM   #1966
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
You dont get traded for star players or players on comparable ratings anymore since it severely limits the possible teams you can be traded for. In my first my career at various points of rating between 86-92, Ive been traded for such luminaries such as Ricky Ledo, Ben Mclemore, Lance Stephenson when I could have easily been traded for Monta, Rudy Gay, Paul George. Ive yet to be traded for someone even higher than 74. I guess the draft picks are the big deal but those draft picks are completely useless to your team if you're at a high rating considering you probably wont be tanking lol.
Those draft picks can be huge b/c the drafted players usually play better than the real players. I'm in year 5 and some guys that were drafted in the lower picks my 2nd and 3rd year are about 70ish players now. The big thing with the drafted players is their tendencies ratings are better, meaning they will actually shoot the ball if they have an open shot, unlike Gordon Hayward, Derrick Rose, Marcus Morris (all former teamates), Rondo (played with him in 3 all star games) who pass the ball off like hot potatoes when they catch it.

The biggest issue is NO free agency, I don't have a choice where I can play, I just have to keep being a malcontent and forcing my way off teams until I get the one I want. Is is so much to ask for a couple of wings that will shoot open shots and bigs that don't finish soft?
Old 12-24-2013, 04:51 AM   #1967
Rookie

claustin's Arena

No free agency? Seriously? How is this supposed to be a "career" if you have no control over it? How the hell am I supposed to get to the Bulls if all I can do is play trade roulette? Unacceptable. Fix it, 2k. Fix it now.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #1968
Rookie

are there still cut scenes and all that in the 2nd season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »