Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #1961
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2013
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

would be nice to be subbed out every now and then. i'm running on fumes by the 4th.

Also, anyone been able to get some games in the park recently? or is 2K derping again.
law_1990 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 02:34 AM   #1962
Rookie
 
claustin's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 165
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoop
LOL, neverrr.

I went bezerk this game
What's your teammate chemistry at? My teammates never seem even half that aware. And you're on HoF? How the hell do you shake your man off the dribble so easily? I play on superstar and my man is usually on me like glue and I'm 93 overall. Not only that but when I drive the D collapses immediately. I've never seen a lane that open. Nice work.
claustin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:54 AM   #1963
MVP
 
DHMN69's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by law_1990
would be nice to be subbed out every now and then. i'm running on fumes by the 4th.

Also, anyone been able to get some games in the park recently? or is 2K derping again.
park is fun.. when it works.. I've sat at the courts for 15 minutes waiting for scores to show up on courts and they all say 0-0 .. on the rare occasion the courts will load and work correctly. Sometimes though the people who are set to play get disconnected or just leave.. then you're stuck standing on the court ready to play and it never starts
DHMN69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:39 AM   #1964
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I'm officially done with this game..

93 OVR PG, 6'5 All Star Simulation

Just finished my 4th year, coming off my first championship with the Pacers after a grueling 7 game Finals against the TrailBlazers, Finals MVP, really looking forward to free agency, wanted to sign with the Kings b/c they're stacked and for some reason the Pacers have 12 guards and 3 forwards.

But guess what, ***SPOILER ALERT****


THERE IS NO FREE AGENCY!!!! I'm right back on the Pacers, when I go check my contract thinking at least I'm getting paid, wrong, apparently I don't even have a contract, I'm playing for FREE!!! But Jackson Ellis makes 12 mil a year for the Knicks. My only option now is to push for a trade, but of course when you are a good player, the receiving team will probably send all of its stars and draft picks for you, so I'm stuck in Indiana, and our team overall rating dipped 7 pts because the GM didn't resign any of the the good bench players. Thanks for dropping the ball on that one 2K.
dalastkiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #1965
Rookie
 
Sir Duke 27's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastkiller
I'm officially done with this game..

93 OVR PG, 6'5 All Star Simulation

Just finished my 4th year, coming off my first championship with the Pacers after a grueling 7 game Finals against the TrailBlazers, Finals MVP, really looking forward to free agency, wanted to sign with the Kings b/c they're stacked and for some reason the Pacers have 12 guards and 3 forwards.

But guess what, ***SPOILER ALERT****


THERE IS NO FREE AGENCY!!!! I'm right back on the Pacers, when I go check my contract thinking at least I'm getting paid, wrong, apparently I don't even have a contract, I'm playing for FREE!!! But Jackson Ellis makes 12 mil a year for the Knicks. My only option now is to push for a trade, but of course when you are a good player, the receiving team will probably send all of its stars and draft picks for you, so I'm stuck in Indiana, and our team overall rating dipped 7 pts because the GM didn't resign any of the the good bench players. Thanks for dropping the ball on that one 2K.
You dont get traded for star players or players on comparable ratings anymore since it severely limits the possible teams you can be traded for. In my first my career at various points of rating between 86-92, Ive been traded for such luminaries such as Ricky Ledo, Ben Mclemore, Lance Stephenson when I could have easily been traded for Monta, Rudy Gay, Paul George. Ive yet to be traded for someone even higher than 74. I guess the draft picks are the big deal but those draft picks are completely useless to your team if you're at a high rating considering you probably wont be tanking lol.
Sir Duke 27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #1966
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
You dont get traded for star players or players on comparable ratings anymore since it severely limits the possible teams you can be traded for. In my first my career at various points of rating between 86-92, Ive been traded for such luminaries such as Ricky Ledo, Ben Mclemore, Lance Stephenson when I could have easily been traded for Monta, Rudy Gay, Paul George. Ive yet to be traded for someone even higher than 74. I guess the draft picks are the big deal but those draft picks are completely useless to your team if you're at a high rating considering you probably wont be tanking lol.
Those draft picks can be huge b/c the drafted players usually play better than the real players. I'm in year 5 and some guys that were drafted in the lower picks my 2nd and 3rd year are about 70ish players now. The big thing with the drafted players is their tendencies ratings are better, meaning they will actually shoot the ball if they have an open shot, unlike Gordon Hayward, Derrick Rose, Marcus Morris (all former teamates), Rondo (played with him in 3 all star games) who pass the ball off like hot potatoes when they catch it.

The biggest issue is NO free agency, I don't have a choice where I can play, I just have to keep being a malcontent and forcing my way off teams until I get the one I want. Is is so much to ask for a couple of wings that will shoot open shots and bigs that don't finish soft?
dalastkiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:51 AM   #1967
Rookie
 
claustin's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 165
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

No free agency? Seriously? How is this supposed to be a "career" if you have no control over it? How the hell am I supposed to get to the Bulls if all I can do is play trade roulette? Unacceptable. Fix it, 2k. Fix it now.
claustin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #1968
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2013
Blog Entries: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

are there still cut scenes and all that in the 2nd season?
ldmiamiheat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 PM.

Top -