Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #3833
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

There is no way i can play MC after season 1. Besides trying to get the goals to retire as HOF, no more incentives for you to play. I hope 2k15 will give you to strive for in season 2 and beyond for MC.

I tried creating a C, 6"11, All-around and was drafted by the Hawks. (although i chose Boston as my fav. team and they interviewed me but did not draft me). I got interviewed by the Hawks pre-draft and bomb it...dont want to play for them but still they drafted me! (C'MON 2K!, at least let me be drafted by other of your preferred TEAM..this is totally BS).

Anyhow, this TEAM SUCK BIG TIME! Playing in HOF, no problem in scoring but my, my teammates just SUCK. Open look they pass, missing tons of shots, tons of TO. AND YEA THE COACH is STUPID in every situations (substitution, calling time-out etc). Our record, 1-12 and they are all IN BIG MARGINS!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #3834
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchiggs
These Goals in game are just insanely stupid.

The Score 10 in a row... The Don't let player X score his next basket... I stop him... stop him... till my team mate fouls him on the drive.. I get penalized for the freethrow.
I may have done this one if the coach didn't sit me after I made the first 4 points.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #3835
Rookie

claustin's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchiggs
4 years of 2K and still can't change jerseys? why can't I rock a throwback!? I know small gripe... But its so many nice jerseys out there. Like really give us that variety.
I agree with everything else, but this one hits home recently. Not only can't you choose alternate jerseys, but I played 2 games recently where the announcers actually talked before the game about the alternate jerseys my team was wearing (green St. Pat's and Los Bulls unis) only to cut to my team wearing their regular reds. Just another on a list of head shakers by 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #3836
Just started!

Does anyone have any tips on rebounding? I can't rebound at all with my 7'2 all around center with maxed out rebound stats + tenacious rebounder signature skill... the ball always goes right through my hands
Old 02-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #3837
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee42
Does anyone have any tips on rebounding? I can't rebound at all with my 7'2 all around center with maxed out rebound stats + tenacious rebounder signature skill... the ball always goes right through my hands
Consensus seems to be that centers over 7' are garbage at rebounding and that you shouldn't make him over 6'11" if you want him to be any good. Poor design by 2K.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #3838
Just started!

Not to brag, but is anyone worried that their games are going too *well*?

I'm playing on Simulation sliders with the game on Hall of Fame Difficulty, and I haven't bought any VC or used any locker codes to spend on my player. He's a Slashing Shooting Guard.

In the game I'm playing right now, I put up 21 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, and 2 blocks with 81% shooting... in just the first quarter alone. And these numbers aren't a rare anomaly - they're high, yeah, but pretty close to what I can put up every night. If it wasn't for the scripted events that kept me on the bench I'd probably be averaging a triple-double with 50 points per game.

Is slashing simply way overpowered? Or am I doing something wrong?
Old 02-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #3839
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalKaline
Not to brag, but is anyone worried that their games are going too *well*?

I'm playing on Simulation sliders with the game on Hall of Fame Difficulty, and I haven't bought any VC or used any locker codes to spend on my player. He's a Slashing Shooting Guard.

In the game I'm playing right now, I put up 21 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, and 2 blocks with 81% shooting... in just the first quarter alone. And these numbers aren't a rare anomaly - they're high, yeah, but pretty close to what I can put up every night. If it wasn't for the scripted events that kept me on the bench I'd probably be averaging a triple-double with 50 points per game.

Is slashing simply way overpowered? Or am I doing something wrong?

It really depends on so many things but your play style is probably the most importantly. Do you like to carry your team and use every possession? When you play like that it's pretty easy to just fill up the stat sheet for your player. One thing you can do is just limit yourself if you feel like you're doing too well. Like limit yourself to a certain amount of shots and try to call plays if you have on court coach.
I also think your overall changes the difficulty. It honestly feels like since I've upped my ratings the game has become harder. Idk that might just be me. Also try changing your shooting type to real player% if you feel like you're making too many jump shots. Personally I've had a lot of difficulty playing on SS for the sixers. Maybe because there's no shooters lol idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #3840
Just started!

Okay, the game just ended. My numbers weren't sustainable- I ended with 'only' 77 points, 12 rebounds, 12 assists, 2 steals, 6 blocks. That's still absolutely insane, though.

Checking my place in the Metric League Leaders, I have 88.6% usage. Which... yeah, that's a bit high. The offense doesn't do so well when I just stand back and watch them, though - playing for the Pelicans on Hall of Fame mode means that if I don't start taking the game over. I put up those numbers and I won by just one point. Can I really make the team more efficient without touching the ball, just by setting screens and cutting at the right time?

Also, changing the setting from user timing shouldn't help, since I don't really take jumpshots. Mostly I get layups by slashing in, pump faking people into the air, then landing a hop or eurostep. I've only really hit a few shots from beyond the foul line so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »