Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #4137
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Yes and no. I like the simplicity of it. I set screens and then park my behind down low. If I don't get the ball within 3 seconds...move...rinse...repeat. I never call for the ball yet the CPU teammates look for me on 60% of possession so it's a lot of touches. And blocking shots (I led the league with 2.5/game) is awesome. Nothing better - nothing better than schooling opposing centers down on that block! Post up, jump fakes, hook shots, fadeaways ... My repertoire of moves is large.

It's bad in a sense that I am limited to where I can be effective on the court and my participation in the game is dependent on my PG. So when I don't get touches.. I feel totally removed from the outcome at times. And if we are down by more than 4 points late in games...I have no impact on outcome as 3s star getting launched.

But I am dominating on HOF so bump it. It's all good!
Personally I think the mode is completely worthless unless you're playing a point guard because the team doesn't run plays and you always have to be the star player for the team. And even then I've had games where I shoot near 100%, get 50+ points, a triple double and lose. Your teammates are just worthless in this game on both sides of the court.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #4138
Rookie

OVR: 0

I know this has been asked before but it's kinda hard to find. How long does it take until you can ask for another trade? I'm at the start of the second season, i took the first chance to request a trade and was traded to the magic. Can i skip to next key game now or will miss the next meeting with the gm? When will the next gm meeting happen?

PG: SAPPHIRE Iverson/RUBY Curry/West/Payton/SAPPHIRE Rose/Hardaway
SG: 90-91 MJ/DIAMOND Kobe/Frobe/SAPPHIRE Harden
SF: Cleveland LeBron/Melo/SAPPHIRE Pippen/Afro Dr J/SAPPHIRE Durant
PF: Kemp/Dirk/Jerry Lucas/SAPPHIRE Griffin
C: Magic Shaq/Olajuwon/Chamberlain/Ruby Drummond
Old 03-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #4139
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Personally I think the mode is completely worthless unless you're playing a point guard because the team doesn't run plays and you always have to be the star player for the team. And even then I've had games where I shoot near 100%, get 50+ points, a triple double and lose. Your teammates are just worthless in this game on both sides of the court.

I can't even argue .... They are completely worthless. I am currently in the second round of playoffs averaging 53 points/game for the series but we are down 3 games to 2. It's frustrating no doubt.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #4140
Rookie

I'm getting that annoying black screen after the team logos screen again. I thought they supposedly fixed that in the last patch?
Old 03-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #4141
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
the only plays I see when I get put in at PG (because I'm a SG) is "carter drive to basket" "melo post up" etc.

there are no real "plays" per se that I can see...am I missing something.

I hope they patch it to have plays run most trips down the court when you're not at PG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #4142
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Even as a pg I can't call plays sometimes. The 2k smart play doesn't work sometimes. However, if you set the offense to freelance your team actually plays something that resembles basketball instead of just standing around. They'll feed the post or cut to the basket, but a lot of times I'm still calling for picks and they stop in the middle of their cut and just stand there. Almost every play that has a screen in it they miss the screen and instead of cutting they just stand there so when you throw the ball it magically goes to the defense. I lead the league in turnovers per game because when you get 2 turnovers in a row you get cold and the defense will intercept every pass you make. It's really frustrating but I'm slowly learning how to get around it.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #4143
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

I did not read through the whole thread but has anyone boosted the attributes of your player before the Rookie Showcase? I notice that when Ellis is drafted he is at 74 overall and wondered if this would affect the way you are drafted.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 03-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #4144
Rookie

I got the addidas endorsement but the shoes arent free?
i also bought vc points but it didnt let me use them on my player only on the store
can anyone help?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »