Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2014, 04:39 AM   #4425
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Anyone noticed the playoffs game three difficulty sudden raise?

Im with the t'wolves, 2nd seed in the playoffs.

1st round vs warriors, game 1 and 2 over 20 pts blow out
game 3 suddenly we shoot like 40% and 12% 3pt, i know it's an away game, but seems a little bit too much. We ended up 4-1 to make the 2nd round.

2nd vs clippers, same thing happened. I ended up 44 pts 9 assist 10 rebound in game 5 just won by 2pts with my last second free throws.

Anyone has similar situation as me? Or 2k just emphasis the hell out of Home-Away differences in Playoffs??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 05:54 AM   #4426
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

Does anyone have any tips for playing with the Timberwolves?

I got drafted as a PG and have played around 10 games but it's tough as there's zero movement around the net at all.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #4427
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyToReedFor6
Is there a way to distinguish which games are the Key games? Under the My Player calendar, every game on the schedule is normal with no star next to it.
Not that I know of, I've had games with the Heat where it simmed past OKC & Indiana games to play the now-rebuilding Celtics lol. So not really sure what they class as a key game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
With being able to heat up in various aspects of the game individually, it also means you get cold in those specific aspects as well. If you throw a bad pass, don't force the next pass the same way. Try something else. Your guy will literally start throwing bad passes all over and they'll steal the ball ridiculously till you start making good easy passes again.
It's only when I unnecessarily use the icon pass, that's the issue (if a guy is next to me and I don't really need to use the icon pass). Whenever I pass normally it's fine, but if I use the icon pass it will sometimes throw bad passes. I doubt I'd be cold too, I get a lot of assists in games so I should be heating up if anything. I just gotta get used to not using the icon pass unless I need to.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:47 AM   #4428
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

so im finally the starting sf on the suns. two games after i get my first start they decide to move me to starting center against the lakers which means im opposite chris kaman. oddly this is right after i tell eric bledsoe i wont be his sidekick so i need to score 25 points and win by double digits. you would think thats an easy mismatch for me on offense with me being so much younger/faster/more agile than him but the psychic defense allowed him to keep up with me on every single possession.

between that and the insanely horrible spacing i am having a really tough time having fun with the game anymore. i ended up scoring my 25+ but we lost by double digits since no one else on my team knows how to defend or properly space the floor to create open looks.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #4429
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Kansas State Wildcats
Old 04-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #4430
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Kansas State Wildcats
Old 04-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #4431
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Just had one of the most b.s. losses in this 2K season..outscored by Houston 30-16 in the 4th quarter thanks to Rubio throwing the ball all over.. he had ZERO turnovers in the three quarters before and 6 in the 4th. Again I missed some easy layups to help lose the half, team shot 5/18 in the 4th after 16/21 in the third.. while Harden went off for 46 points shooting 21/31.

ANOTHER injury for TWolves.. with Pekovic being day to day with a sprained ankle, while Corey Brewer's been screwed by the game after coming back from injury to play 8 minutes a game.. he was a scorer before, with Love missing half my season with various bogus injuries

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #4432
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Just had one of the most b.s. losses in this 2K season..outscored by Houston 30-16 in the 4th quarter thanks to Rubio throwing the ball all over.. he had ZERO turnovers in the three quarters before and 6 in the 4th. Again I missed some easy layups to help lose the half, team shot 5/18 in the 4th after 16/21 in the third.. while Harden went off for 46 points shooting 21/31.

ANOTHER injury for TWolves.. with Pekovic being day to day with a sprained ankle, while Corey Brewer's been screwed by the game after coming back from injury to play 8 minutes a game.. he was a scorer before, with Love missing half my season with various bogus injuries
Which position are u playing?
I'm with the T'Wolves too, playing as a 95 overall PF.
I always start at SF and put as a PF/C when Love and Pek sub out.
For me, when I see my teammates start to missing wide open shots mindlessly , I start to enter full attack mode (usually i feed them and avg around 6 assists a game) , I draw fouls or dunk them in! (with 92 dunk) also aggressively look for offensive rebounds more than usual (always end up with 15+ rebounds in one of those off games)
But if you are a guard who cant dunk or easily draw fouls, i think u cant really do anything to prevent losing. Sorry pal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »