Home
MLB 10 News Post

Just to keep everyone up to date on the whereabouts of the MLB '10: The Show demo. Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Quote:
"I am not sure what purpose would be served by misleading you. We said there will be a demo....and there will be a demo. The simple fact is....The demo HAS been completed....the demo HAS been submitted for approval and posting. We, as devs of the game, have absolutely ZERO control as to when it gets approved or posted."

*UPDATE: From one of the admins at The Show Community.

Quote:
"Just saw this there is no demo today or one before release."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jrod1981 @ 02/25/10 05:32 PM
Who needs a demo. I'm still playing and having a blast with The Show 09! That'll hold me over till Tuesday.

# 22 Aragorn523 @ 02/25/10 05:33 PM
I think when people are accustomed to have a pre-release demo and then theres a year where it doesnt seem as though there will be one people begin to worry. I think in this economy when spending 60 dollars its not absurd for people to want to play the game some before it comes out. I dont think its immature or foolish as some people have stated. We all here love the show and think its the best sports game bar-none which was even stated in pasta's article. Still I think wanting a sampling before plunking down a nice chunk of cash is entirely reasonable.

# 23 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
Conspiracy theories? Can I not play devil's advocate and maybe stick up for Sony? Is this hard hitting investigating?

When it is going to put the blame on the devs, most on here will not tolerate it, sorry.

# 24 oakland89 @ 02/25/10 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports
I just wanted to try and set the record straight. There will be a demo. We just don't have control over when it gets posted. The PSN team has their own schedule, etc. and there isn't much we can do to change the process.

Also, as I understand it, review copies were sent out the same time this year as they were last year.

Chris
I say don't worry about it sir. You and your crew do more than is needed to keep us abreast of things. We are all gonna buy the game no mattter, including the guys wanting the Demo. Thanks for all you guys have done.

# 25 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/25/10 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
they said back on the 19th that they had completed and submitted the demo to Sony.

Now if we want to call them liars...well then I guess we could.
They completed it on the 19th yes, but how we do know how long it takes to release to to the PS store? Maybe it's a 2 week process, and this year SCEA was late on releasing it. I have no idea.

# 26 Motown @ 02/25/10 05:33 PM
Quote:
but there WILL BE a demo. So they will get a chance to play it before shelling out the money.
NOBODY...at least me, ain't gonna play a demo next Thurs, when the retailed version is out Tuesday! this just ain't makin'
sense

# 27 Tommyklaid @ 02/25/10 05:33 PM
Quote:
You can ask us, but I honestly don't know. We send builds for review, demo, etc...and the code changes constantly. I think some of the Community Day guys can attest to the fact that the code changes pretty quickly! That isn't to say there are not people on the team that know for sure, because obviously there are....but I am not one of them. I can tell you we changed Soriano's stance this year!

Chris
Yessssssssss....I remember back in '08 I wanted it to change....yessss, thank you, thank you, thank you! I BEGGED & PLEADED for this for sooo long. Persistence!

# 28 Abnormal101 @ 02/25/10 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
Yessssssssss....I remember back in '08 I wanted it to change....yessss, thank you, thank you, thank you! I BEGGED & PLEADED for this for sooo long. Persistence!
I actually played it at best buy today. They tweaked it from last year, not dead on but its definitely an improvement over last year's stance. I want to say they tweaked Ramirez a little too.

# 29 Cubfan @ 02/25/10 05:36 PM
I would gladly pass on a demo if it ment the final product was as bug free as possible vs playing demo that is possibly not representive of the final version of the game.

# 30 JoeRyan33 @ 02/25/10 05:36 PM
If I could a direct question of the developers:

Was there an exclusive deal struck with Best Buy and what, if any, impact did that have on the demo not being released on PSN prior to the game's release date?

# 31 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/25/10 05:37 PM
Quote:
so you want to believe that the devs are lying to us?
I never said they lied to us. Ok, maybe they did submit it on the 19th, maybe it is out of their hands, but that does not mean they could have been more proactive on their part. I am asking questions, not blaming.....yet.

# 32 berenjena @ 02/25/10 05:37 PM
Quote:
You can ask us, but I honestly don't know. We send builds for review, demo, etc...and the code changes constantly. I think some of the Community Day guys can attest to the fact that the code changes pretty quickly! That isn't to say there are not people on the team that know for sure, because obviously there are....but I am not one of them. I can tell you we changed Soriano's stance this year!

Chris
Alright now brandon philips

I have a question, can you guys still add new batting stances by roster updates?

# 33 major major @ 02/25/10 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
I would gladly pass on a demo if it ment the final product was as bug free as possible vs playing demo that is possibly not representive of the final version of the game.
Exactly!

# 34 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 05:41 PM
Quote:
They completed it on the 19th yes, but how we do know how long it takes to release to to the PS store? Maybe it's a 2 week process, and this year SCEA was late on releasing it. I have no idea.
That is why there is no point in discussing it, or pointing fingers. Because it serves nothing but aggravation, because you will never know the answer. Pointless debate that is nothing but hostility towards the developers.

Now a little rant not targeted at any specific person...

/rant

What difference does it make if the demo is out now, or next Thursday? The game is not going anywhere, the baseball season has yet to start, some have this grand mystique they HAVE to get the game the day it hits, and they MUST have a demo before that day. And if not, life is ruined for them. Why not play the demo then get the game after? If you were so hell bent on getting it release day, then your mind seemed made up demo or not.

People now a days feel they have such entitlement. Remember, you are never promised tomorrow. /end rant

# 35 Clarityman @ 02/25/10 05:43 PM
Wow this thread has become exactly what I thought it would be. LOL But maybe that's okay, maybe some people just need to vent. Again, as I said, all this frustration is simply because people love The Show so much. If anything, one could find it highly complimentary.

# 36 Abnormal101 @ 02/25/10 05:44 PM
Quote:
I never said they lied to us. Ok, maybe they did submit it on the 19th, maybe it is out of their hands, but that does not mean they could have been more proactive on their part. I am asking questions, not blaming.....yet.
You're good dude, you're just speculating, people are being offended for no reason. You didn't place the blame on anybody, the rest of posters placed the blame immediately on Sony which isn't fair because no one knows if they submitted the demo on time and Sony is just dragging or if they missed the deadline.

# 37 Abnormal101 @ 02/25/10 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
That is why there is no point in discussing it, or pointing fingers.
True but pretty much everyone else on this board put the blame on Sony, which isn't fair either.

# 38 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
True but pretty much everyone else on this board put the blame on Sony, which isn't fair either.

That is why all discussions on the unknown, and will never be known, should not be discussed. All they do is point fingers and aggravate people.

Not going to play this mommy daddy, he said, she said, stuff.

Two wrongs don't make a right, just arguing and infractions.

# 39 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/25/10 05:47 PM
Quote:
That is why there is no point in discussing it, or pointing fingers. Because it serves nothing but aggravation, because you will never know the answer. Pointless debate that is nothing but hostility towards the developers.

Exactly, there is no reason to point fingers because we don't know the answers. That is why I posed everything in question form because I am not blaming anyone, but I am asking questions. Everyone was blaming SCEA until they said to look at Sony, not them. So then I posed questions why it may not be Sony's fault either, and then some people flip out.

I don't think it is fair to blame SCEA for this, but I also don't think it's fair to blame Sony for this. Until we know the answers to my questions, it's not fair to blame anyone right now. This however does not mean we can not be mad. I for one am pissed off that their is no demo, but that does not mean i am directing that anger towards either SCEA or Sony.

# 40 Abnormal101 @ 02/25/10 05:49 PM
Quote:
That is why all discussions on the unknown, and will never be known, should not be discussed. All they do is point fingers and aggravate people.

Not going to play this mommy daddy, he said, she said, stuff.

Two wrongs don't make a right, just arguing and infractions.
True i get what you're saying, but then again, why was this topic even started. The quote that was posted to start this topic was more to give an impression that the Developers did what they had to do. It also pretty much implies that its Sony who's holding the demo. So in a sense, the point of starting this topic was to take some of the heat off the developers for not posting the demo and putting some of that pressure on Sony.

Fact of the matter is, this topic shouldn't of had been started, we already know they submitted it, so whats the point of posting something we already know.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.