Home
MLB 10 News Post

Just to keep everyone up to date on the whereabouts of the MLB '10: The Show demo. Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Quote:
"I am not sure what purpose would be served by misleading you. We said there will be a demo....and there will be a demo. The simple fact is....The demo HAS been completed....the demo HAS been submitted for approval and posting. We, as devs of the game, have absolutely ZERO control as to when it gets approved or posted."

*UPDATE: From one of the admins at The Show Community.

Quote:
"Just saw this there is no demo today or one before release."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Aragorn523 @ 02/25/10 09:53 PM
Your missing the point, it just seems a bit assumptive to assume that consumers want to drive to a buisness buddy to play demo. The precedence has been established of having a demo pre-release so when guys wonder where it is, i dont see that as a huge stretch.

# 142 countryboy @ 02/25/10 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn523
Your missing the point, it just seems a bit assumptive to assume that consumers want to drive to a buisness buddy to play demo. The precedence has been established of having a demo pre-release so when guys wonder where it is, i dont see that as a huge stretch.
isn't just as assumptive to assume that just because the demo isn't out before release that there must be some ulterior motive behind the decision?

# 143 kehlis @ 02/25/10 10:01 PM
Quote:
I agree, I don't think there IS anything wrong with questioning where the demo is.

But that question has been answered, by a dev team that has never given any reason to be doubted.

Yet regardless of that, people don't believe their explanation and are coming up with theories that this was some sort of a back handed intentional move.

Does anyone have a good reason to believe that they are lying about submitting the patch and waiting on Sony to release it?

# 144 Jeffery 09 @ 02/25/10 10:02 PM
I dont really want a demo now, i just wish some of these selfish folks with the game already could post some good video! lol

# 145 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 10:06 PM
This is not hard to figure out people. Both Sony and SCEA SD both took responsibility. There is no "hidden motive" or "conspiracy". Instead you want to piss and moan about what-ifs.

Ramone said they were working on fixing up more bugs before it hit, thus working on the demo was done later this year.

Jason Villa said the demo was finished and approved I believe last Friday (the 19th). That was only 6 days ago. Sony is not going to just put it in front of the list for today when other games and information for the PSN update were already on a schedule (like the G-d of War 3 demo today). It has to wait and go through the process like anything else.

The game is not going anywhere. You don't have to "buy it on release" if there is no demo right away.

There is no entitlement here people. The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be in life. Or it will be one disappointment after another.

# 146 tedus @ 02/25/10 10:09 PM
First!!
Very disapointed!! > <

Second!...i think it is all business!!
best buy has the authority for the demo(or final build)
then $ony could make more money!!
Plus
the 2K releases the demo on 3/4
that's all $ony's strategy....

i do not blame the SECA
but the $ony..... you...have no respect for people who live out side the us..

# 147 Aragorn523 @ 02/25/10 10:09 PM
Do companies ever admit when they put profit ahead of consumers? I mean come on its not hard to connect the dots. The first year there is no pre-release demo there just happens to be this exclusive deal with Best Buy. Yea im sure its all just random dumb luck and maybe to some it doesnt matter and theres nothing wrong with that. I as a consumer just dont like being taken for granted that regardless their going to get my money.

# 148 Jeffery 09 @ 02/25/10 10:15 PM
Its not like Best Buy has the demo version of the game people...They have the FULL GAME! even if there was a PR deal with Best Buy, why would that effect the release of the demo just showing gameplay...and ask yourself what they have to gain by lying to us? many of us have already paid for the game. It's like a bunch of high school kids in here trying to throw all kinds of crazy thoughts and ideas around...it goes back to what enigma said, lose the sense of entitlement.

# 149 Galvatron @ 02/25/10 10:15 PM
......I sure hope this thread goes on for the next four days. It'll keep me entertained up until release. The funny thing is,this whole topic will be absolutely moot by then and all will be forgotten like it never happened LOL. Anywho, carry on.

# 150 JoeRyan33 @ 02/25/10 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I agree, I don't think there IS anything wrong with questioning where the demo is.

But that question has been answered, by a dev team that has never given any reason to be doubted.

Yet regardless of that, people don't believe their explanation and are coming up with theories that this was some sort of a back handed intentional move.

Does anyone have a good reason to believe that they are lying about submitting the patch and waiting on Sony to release it?
The questions posed were on why the demo wasn't released. This "it's out of our hands" approach doesn't suffice as an answer.

SCEA seemingly signs a Best Buy deal and decided that we should pre-order with no demo to receive the full game on release.

# 151 kehlis @ 02/25/10 10:16 PM
Quote:
Do companies ever admit when they put profit ahead of consumers?
Do they have to? Isn't it common sense that profit is the most important thing?

Quote:
I as a consumer just dont like being taken for granted that regardless their going to get my money.
Again, it's a demo. It's still coming out. No need to take it personal. If you aren't ready to buy it first day, fine, wait for the demo, play it and decide. I don't understand what the issue here is...

Stop making it out like this is one big conspiracy against the consumer. What would that thought process be?

A demo is 2 teams for 3 innings, over and over again. That is no comparison to being able to go to Best Buy and play as your favorite team if you really want to....

# 152 JoeRyan33 @ 02/25/10 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
That is so wrong! They said they had some things to work on for release, so they put their time in that. After they fixed that they gave it too Sony, but keep thinking it is some big conspiracy.
Can you link to that?

So, have they denied that the Best Buy deal has anything to do with the demo delay?

# 153 jvalverde88 @ 02/25/10 10:21 PM
What is this "Best Buy deal'' people speak of? So just because Best Buy has a build of the game all of a sudden SCEA has a deal with BB? And thats the reason why we don't have a demo?

Go on

# 154 kehlis @ 02/25/10 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
The questions posed were on why the demo wasn't released. This "it's out of our hands" approach doesn't suffice as an answer.
What if it is "out of their hands"?

Had SCEA done anything to make you believe they would lie about this? Keep in mind this isn't the marketing department that we have posting here...

Quote:
SCEA seemingly signs a Best Buy deal and decided that we should pre-order with no demo to receive the full game on release.
The DLC argument is for a different thread (I tend to agree with you). But let's not make it out like this is the first game to do it. In fact, pre-ordering saves you money for the "full game".

You by no means need to pre order this game if you want the stadiums, but if you don't, and decide you want them later, you will likely pay more than a $5 pre-order for them...

# 155 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
Can you link to that?

So, have they denied that the Best Buy deal has anything to do with the demo delay?

They said bug fixes were the reason.

Use forum search.

I will quote myself because it isn't rocket science if you read what they wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
This is not hard to figure out people. Both Sony and SCEA SD both took responsibility. There is no "hidden motive" or "conspiracy". Instead you want to piss and moan about what-ifs.

Ramone said they were working on fixing up more bugs before it hit, thus working on the demo was done later this year.

Jason Villa said the demo was finished and approved I believe last Friday (the 19th). That was only 6 days ago. Sony is not going to just put it in front of the list for today when other games and information for the PSN update were already on a schedule (like the G-d of War 3 demo today). It has to wait and go through the process like anything else.

The game is not going anywhere. You don't have to "buy it on release" if there is no demo right away.

There is no entitlement here people. The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be in life. Or it will be one disappointment after another.
Chris also mentions that PSN has their own schedule and there is nothing they can do. Get over it. It is what it is.

# 156 yanksfan72 @ 02/25/10 10:38 PM
No matter where you stand on the demo position, all will be forgotten when you put 10 in for the first time and play it and you will say to your self this is werth the wait and if your like most of us you will play it year round.

# 157 abbbsinthe @ 02/25/10 10:39 PM
Honestly I could care less about the demo. This game is a total work of art. I have trust in the devs and the product that Id rather have the surprise hit me next week. I'm with NEM on this completely. I mean come on guys "GET OVER IT!" I mean there is only 5 days left for F's sake. Please please don't eff with the developers either. These guys are by far the best group of devs on the planet and I'm thankful to them for the time and effort they put in for the fans. 5 days guys ZIP IT!

# 158 magoo1967 @ 02/25/10 11:00 PM
Personally I'm glad there was no demo today, otherwise I would've been busy playing it instead of reading what is quite possibly the most fascinating 18 pages of thread posts in the history of the internet.

# 159 pdawg17 @ 02/25/10 11:26 PM
Guys...it's "COULDN'T care less" not "COULD care less"...if you could care less than you care more than you realize...

Man that drives me crazy....

Ok - carry on

# 160 DR Russell @ 02/25/10 11:38 PM
Let's put an end to this madness please...

For those who need a demo before the game goes public, just wait for it and then make your decision.

DR Russell

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.