Home

Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 10:06 AM   #1417
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Armor, my apologies if this was asked before but did you notice in your testing if sliders have any secondary effects such as qb accuracy or wr catching influencing cpu playcalling. Ei lower setting making them call more runs? I've just noticed that cpu always tends to start run heavy against me.
Read above. They are independent of each other IMO.

Don't get slideritis!!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #1418
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2

deleted and redownloaded the tuner but brees is still running for no reason, 6 times in first half brees has taken off, do i redelete and redownload ? do i need to restart my franchises ?
Gophers
Gators
Yankees

Last edited by kingcrf; 09-15-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:19 AM   #1419
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Read above. They are independent of each other IMO.

Don't get slideritis!!!!!
I GOT THE ITUS!!!!! LOL

I am sitting at work telling myself my sliders are done!!! Dont touch em when you get home!!! So hopefully my Itus is gone by end of day lol...........Only thing I wanna look into is just getting realistic number of penalties now.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #1420
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjrosco
Is this without the tuner, because I deleted it and same thing is happening to me iam up by 30 at halftime, was having tight games before deleting the tuner???
Yep, I looked at Armor's recommendation to delete and redownload the tuner. The first game I played before I did that was very fun, close and competitive, and the only change I made between those 2 games was redownloading the tuner.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:39 AM   #1421
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks for your answer, Armor.

A question to anyone reading. Have you guys been getting a defensive holding penalty bug at all? I was playing last night and in one of my games the CPU would get a def holding penalty called and it wouldn't be on any player, the window would just be blank. Then the next play the penalty would be called again, and again. Then it would go away, then later on in the game it would come back, defensive holding play after play after play. You can just decline the penalty but its really tempting especially when the penalty helps you in a close game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 12:45 PM   #1422
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Thanks for your answer, Armor.

A question to anyone reading. Have you guys been getting a defensive holding penalty bug at all? I was playing last night and in one of my games the CPU would get a def holding penalty called and it wouldn't be on any player, the window would just be blank. Then the next play the penalty would be called again, and again. Then it would go away, then later on in the game it would come back, defensive holding play after play after play. You can just decline the penalty but its really tempting especially when the penalty helps you in a close game.
Wow I have yet to see this
Old 09-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #1423
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation Style Sliders

Finished my first game last night and here are some notes. Hope they help as I'll be tweaking to better suit my playing style, like AS recommends.

1) Seems it's very difficult to limit the number of tackles for losses in played games versus simulated ones. I'm seeing a ton with different sliders I've tried. Has anyone had luck?

2) Too many touchbacks when compared to simulated games. I'd strongly recommend using 40 for kickoff power.

3) I had 205 rushing yards on 31 carries with Latavius Murray. Are these games rare for folks? He also had 8 broken tackles which seems high compared to sim stats around the league.

4) I know fumbles were recently lowered, but I'd recommend lowering even more.

5) Are folks who use a DL getting sacks at a far greater clip than AI DL on the same team? Perhaps I should play as another position? DE Tuck had 10 tackles for me and 3 sacks.

6) Small sample size, but my YAC was pretty bad. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Thanks! I hope this helps!
Old 09-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #1424
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Finished my first game last night and here are some notes. Hope they help as I'll be tweaking to better suit my playing style, like AS recommends.

1) Seems it's very difficult to limit the number of tackles for losses in played games versus simulated ones. I'm seeing a ton with different sliders I've tried. Has anyone had luck? - Not seeing an issue with this in my enjoyment of the game itself.

2) Too many touchbacks when compared to simulated games. I'd strongly recommend using 40 for kickoff power. - You will nerf FG's by doing this I do not recommend this

3) I had 205 rushing yards on 31 carries with Latavius Murray. Are these games rare for folks? He also had 8 broken tackles which seems high compared to sim stats around the league. - rare for me with Lamar Miller and other some elite backs better then him. If your seeing this all the time then lower your run blocking slider by clicks

4) I know fumbles were recently lowered, but I'd recommend lowering even more. - I do not recommend this or you will see the ball flying out like a watermelon seed at a highly unrealistic clip.

5) Are folks who use a DL getting sacks at a far greater clip than AI DL on the same team? Perhaps I should play as another position? DE Tuck had 10 tackles for me and 3 sacks. - Yes when you user pass rush with a DE/DT you will get more sacks than non user. It is how the game functions. Nothing to do with sliders. If you like to user rush a lot turn CPU pass block up to default and start from that point.

6) Small sample size, but my YAC was pretty bad. I'll keep an eye on this one. - I have good YAC from players that should.

Thanks! I hope this helps!

If your looking for ultra realism from Madden.....your playing the wrong game. There are only two sports titles I consider as close to sim as they can get and that is MLB The Show and NBA 2K15.

Madden has a lot of great sim elements in this years version. But ultimately it is a game that delivers a hybrid game experience. And it has always been this way. I actually love it. The game is a lot of fun. The sliders are designed to give you really fun, unpredictable games. You should see elite teams indeed perform at an elite level. You should be seeing great QB's be great. But there are also upsets, surprises and sometimes wacky plays.....that's part of the fun.

I encourage anyone looking at these sliders to check out my streams. You will see exactly what kinds of games I am getting and how I play. I would never claim I am a Madden master. But I know football, understand the strategy and have a great time with the game.

I choose all my own plays on both sides of the ball. No switch defense. And no user catching on offense. Other than that....I use all the controls at my disposal. I can cheese and spam with the best of them but I would never play that way. What is the fun in that?

The game is a blast!!!! Enjoy Madden for what it is. Get immersed in your franchise......don't analyze every game with settings and sliders.....use the base...play 4-5 games...then maybe tinker a thing here or there. It is not a game that need much tuning with sliders this year as you can see I don't deviate much higher or lower from default this year.

They did a great job on the field this year.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-15-2015 at 01:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »