Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2015, 10:26 AM   #857
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

I had my doubts guys about Acc clock being turned off, but man yall hit the nail on the head with this one!!!! I'm seeing some very good play on both sides of the ball..

I believe that the Acc clock turned off affects more than just the clock...

Great find!!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #858
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Love the thought of seeing good rotation at rb and wr but man the subbing of ol makes me crazy. Just doesn't feel right. I understand it's a sacrifice to get better rotations at other positions but what a maze/mess this game has become. Especially since upon release, we all thought there was less wonkiness than in years past. Not so much. Thanks to all of you for all your testing and hard work to make this game as good as can be. Really appreciated!
You don't even understand how much oline subbing bugs me to. But at the end of the day I'm just gonna have to let it slide because I really like the subs at other positions and I don't have the patience to sub through the formations.

I don't think it was less wonkiness (great word btw) but the gameplay was just so good we kinda glossed over the other areas. I mean it is still a Madden title lol. There is always gonna be head scratching elements involved. With that said this game truly rocks and I can't wait to see what they do next year.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #859
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

How many of the plays from the backup o-linemen are from special teams plays though? You might see 11 plays, but if 5 or 6 are punts, another 3 or 4 from fgs or xps, then it may not be as bad as we think.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #860
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
"DEFAULT + PENALTIES" SET
I realize I am late to the party—so apologies in advance…

Do I understand correctly that this thread is DEFAULT SLIDERS (less penalties, subs, injuries, etc.)?

I’m 4 games into Panthers CFM, but I’ve got a save where I set up previously the 32 team control (so glad I did!). So, if I were to fire that up (from week 1), and change everything to default there—then adjust the subs, penalties, etc.—I should be good right?

If not, please advise—and again, sorry I am so late to the party
Old 12-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #861
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
How many of the plays from the backup o-linemen are from special teams plays though? You might see 11 plays, but if 5 or 6 are punts, another 3 or 4 from fgs or xps, then it may not be as bad as we think.
That's a good point. To me it's pretty much negligible at this juncture. I do notice them come in here and there. Watt actually had a huge pancake on a pull, running a sweep, to spring Miller for a TD so that was nice to see. You can look at it this way, since olineman never get injured (unless the try to make a tackle on an int or fumble) this could simulate them getting dinged up and having to miss a few plays, which happens in the NFL often (especially to my Chargers ). There you go
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #862
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

OVR: 1

Just played a couple of games at 9min quarters, no accl clock, and fatigue at 75 and I must say that the struggle is real. First Game was as the Bucs vs Car at home and although I won 22-10, Carolina beat me in pretty much every statistical category...I was able to pull out the win b/c Cam Newton was horrible, completing only 20% of his passes, getting sacked 6 times and throwing 2 costly int's before getting hurt at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Won 2nd game vs the Jags 17-9...this one was a little easier as I was able to get a little bit of a run game going an there's completely stalled, but all other statistical categories were pretty much even. Both were really fun games where I didn't feel like HUM or CPU had a built in advantage. Couple of things that I noticed though:

Might have to bump clock up to 10 mins...Car game had 126 plays which is fine, but there were only 115 plays in the Jax game which is way to low.

Was really tough getting a run game going...Doug Martin rushed 21 for 59 yards (2.8 ypc) against Car, and 21 for 81yds (3.9 ypc) against Jax. There were also no runs longer than 10 yards for either team. also no fumbles. I realize that this is only a 2 game sample, but Martin is a pretty good back and the bucs have decent run blocking, so you would expect a little better.

Only had one RB substitution in the two games.

This last one is more of a playstyle question than a comment on the sliders...Bortles completed 77% of his passes mostly on check downs, and because no matter what I do, I can't seem to stop the TE slant/drag across the middle....It just seems to always be there, even If my pass rush only give s the QB 1 second to throw....the TE is open for 5-7 yards every time. I've tried cover 2, Man coverage... press and off ( although in press, the LB or NB in coverage never seems to get a bump on the TE...he just runs right by) But nothing seems to work. Jax TE's had 10 receptions for 151 yards which was 53% of Bortles entire production. This is my biggest pet peeve and it would be great if someone could give some advice.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:32 PM   #863
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I realize I am late to the party—so apologies in advance…

Do I understand correctly that this thread is DEFAULT SLIDERS (less penalties, subs, injuries, etc.)?

I’m 4 games into Panthers CFM, but I’ve got a save where I set up previously the 32 team control (so glad I did!). So, if I were to fire that up (from week 1), and change everything to default there—then adjust the subs, penalties, etc.—I should be good right?

If not, please advise—and again, sorry I am so late to the party
Welcome from FIFA land

Yes, you should be able to jump in as you described. My only question us as to when you started it. If it was before patch 3, it mat not be as good. What I suggest is to play a game or two with your existing CFM. Then, start up a brand new CFM just to test and play. See if it plays any different.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #864
MVP

OVR: 1

as for backup oline plays iirc; ignoring i form tackle over etc formations and ignoring LS

each #2 at each oline position are on safety kick return, assuming one of starting oline is LS then 1 #2 lineman is on field goal. thats it as fair as i remember. a T might be TE#3 as well, not forgetting an Oline sub via heavy package etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »