Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2019, 11:35 PM   #1977
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Lack of activity here lately as I've relocated back to the US from the UK for a little while, so been in transit.

I've tried to increase the ability for receivers to make catches with my slider set to prevent "easy" drops. I couldn't find a right balance though. It seems like there is a very delicate balance on the Catch slider where 1 point too high and they catch pretty much everything and 1 too low and there's lots of drops. Adjusting QB Accuracy to counter the catchability hasn't worked either. This also seemed to affect the penalty sliders, even without adjusting them as very few roughing calls were made or false starts either. QB's just offloaded quicker which gave the pass rush no time to make plays.

Given the fact that I prefer 15 min quarters I've reverted back to my old setup as I'd rather more drops but accurate gameplay than less drops but out of hand yardage and scores.
Sorry i kind of disappeared. Really, really enjoying game with alltime rosters in cfm. I’m up to week 5, watching every game. Building season storylines with each team has been a blast. Wanted to give a week 4 update with stats and stuff, but i cant stop playing.

Thanks again for the not deleting playcall suggestion. Getting way better stats now.

That we catch slider—-you’re right on with it. Very touchy, especially since the last couple of patches. Seems like the hot zone is in between 40-45 now. Use to be 50-53 first few months of game.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 05-08-2019, 08:30 AM   #1978
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Sorry i kind of disappeared. Really, really enjoying game with alltime rosters in cfm. I’m up to week 5, watching every game. Building season storylines with each team has been a blast. Wanted to give a week 4 update with stats and stuff, but i cant stop playing.

Thanks again for the not deleting playcall suggestion. Getting way better stats now.

That we catch slider—-you’re right on with it. Very touchy, especially since the last couple of patches. Seems like the hot zone is in between 40-45 now. Use to be 50-53 first few months of game.
Oh no, not your lack of activity, I referred to me. Just difficult to keep up as I've been packing stuff and it takes about a day and a half to travel and get my setup stateside up and running. I'm back into it now though.

Yeah, I have the Catch slider set way down on yours, mainly dueto the fact that I'm slowing offensive production down to counteract the longer play clock. So my ideal is 35. I tried moving it up as at 35 there are lots of no pressure drops but even adjusting accuracy of the QB so he ought to be less effective doesnt counter the increased number of catches, especially at pressure moments. 3rd down almost becomes a gimme, the defensive team can occasionally force punts but any time a team, gets to the Red zone, a touchdown is inevitable.

It kind of worked with teams featuring a balanced offense, a reasonable amount of run yards as well as air, but pass heavy teams became juggernauts. I'm thinking specifically on my tests of Buffalo and Tampa. And that's where the game balance went out the window. Not to mention, the imbalance it caused in other areas, like penalties for roughing and sacks becoming less prevalent. QB pressure was few and far between. I find it odd how interlinked the sliders are and how minor adjustments don't just adjust whatever option you're playing with, but fundamental changes in other facets as well. I started Madden 19 pretty late, where a lot of slider gurus already have their sets established, they're just refining due to the on going patches. With Madden 20 not too far away, I can really appreciate now, how hard it is to find those balances when the game is brand new.

There are some good features I hear for Franchise coming with 20, I'm probably going to be jumping in from the get go this year.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:25 AM   #1979
Banned

Tommy, so I decided to try watching a game and from the angle I was watching the game it felt like I was watching a real game. It was pretty cool actually. What I might do is play home games and watch road games because I still enjoy playing. I also dropped injuries to 30 because I am seeing way to many at 35. I played 13 games with injuries set at 30 and I had 15 injuries. It was a solid number.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:26 PM   #1980
MVP

i think this is the greatest run i’ve ever seen on Madden. it’s with the classic rosters, Ollie Matson, a 60s star, for the cardinals against the mighty, mighty vikings, who lead the league in offense and defense.

https://youtu.be/Xy-D4EQzur8

as i posted the vid, tarkenton connected with randy moss on a 50 yard td bomb to retake the lead, 10-7.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 05-09-2019, 12:51 PM   #1981
Banned

Tommy, do you still have to delete play call suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #1982
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants76
Tommy, do you still have to delete play call suggestions?
I’m not deleting them right now. But this is with classic rosters. Haven’t tried not deleting with current rosters. TGpunisher’s had success. This play call thing changes from patch to patch.

Teams finished:

Last edited by tommycoa; 05-09-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #1983
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I’m not deleting them right now. But this is with classic rosters. Haven’t tried not deleting with current rosters. TGpunisher’s had success. This play call thing changes from patch to patch.
In reference to the question about Playcall suggestions, I've been leaving that file alone and only deleting Profile after every game.

What I found was deleting the Playcalls file meant QB's were going long regularly and more often than not making completions. By leaving the Playcall file alone, the QB throws check downs or shorter yardage plays, which is keeping yardage in realistic levels. They will occasionally go long but the odds on a completion aren't great. But just like real life, they will every now and again make the play. Especially if they catch the defensive backs off guard.

All I can suggest is if realism is your preference, leave the Playcall file alone, if you want to see QB's sling it, delete it.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #1984
Just started!

What playbook do you suggest when it comes to passing a lot? I want my running back to get max 20 carries and I want my number 1, 2 and 3 wide recievers on the field with my tight end as much as possible. I have been rolling with detriots playbook but it seems to hit the running back a lot and the pats playbook runs a lot of 2 tight end looks. The halfback seems to get a lot of catches too with this playbook. From what I've read spread and west coast seems good so I'll try that next. My halfback 15 games in the season has 60 receptions which seems really high and that's with the lions playbook. Any suggestions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »