Home

Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #1033
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I would prefer the defense adjustments were improved too. But it comes down to Money plays. Online guys change several routes before they reach the los knowing they will be open everytime. Defensively you often do know what's coming after they run it once or twice but you don't have time to make the simple adjustments you need to.

My first choice would be streamlined defensive calls and limiting audibles second. In the perfect madden, I would love to see the play creator make a return, but I don't think the ai can handle that. Not in the online world.
I'm wondering if they could simply limit calling audibles to two times maximum After you call your second audible, you're done. El fin. Finito. The gamer can try to audible again, but it simply won't work after the second audible. I don't play online, so i'm wondering if that would be a feasible solution.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #1034
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I'm wondering if they could simply limit calling audibles to two times maximum After you call your second audible, you're done. El fin. Finito. The gamer can try to audible again, but it simply won't work after the second audible. I don't play online, so i'm wondering if that would be a feasible solution.
That's kind of the rule we have in our league. You only get 3 pre-snap adjustments per play. Unfortunately, it's a bit of an honor system, because there isn't always a cadence or verbal cue in the game. But it seems to work for us.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #1035
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
That's kind of the rule we have in our league. You only get 3 pre-snap adjustments per play. Unfortunately, it's a bit of an honor system, because there isn't always a cadence or verbal cue in the game. But it seems to work for us.
So, is a maximum 2 step audible system in the Madden wishlist thread? An honor system can be subtly broken.

I seldom use an audible unless I called a run to the right and I see the defense completely overload on that same side. I'll then either audible the run to the left/opposite side or a passing play if the coverage is soft. But I rarely audible out if I have already decided on a play. I try to beat the CPU by imposing my own will on them even if it means a bone headed play.

The EA Marketing team can always market simulation gameplay if they in fact wanted to. They just have to word it in a way that's literally true. "Now, you can audible just like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers." If team EA Madden decides to have a maximum two audible system, EA's Marketing team wouldn't be lying would they? Marketing to the casual crowd that has an underlying simulation tone. Market simulation gameplay aspect but use wording that will bait and hook the casual gamers.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #1036
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
So, is a maximum 2 step audible system in the Madden wishlist thread? An honor system can be subtly broken.
I've never looked in that thread, so I have no idea.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #1037
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

There should'nt be a max. It should just be realistic. If you get to the line with 25 seconds then you should have 25 seconds to make whatever adjustments you want. If it was realistic and took long enough if you input 5 changes then you have to wait for the QB the signal them and your 25 seconds runs out and you get a delay of game.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #1038
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
There should'nt be a max. It should just be realistic. If you get to the line with 25 seconds then you should have 25 seconds to make whatever adjustments you want. If it was realistic and took long enough if you input 5 changes then you have to wait for the QB the signal them and your 25 seconds runs out and you get a delay of game.
They need to add in guys running on and off the field, taking the time to get back to the huddle, etc, but you're right on. Right now, you can call a play and get back to the LOS within 5 seconds because there is no issue with guys getting back to the huddle after the play. That ends up giving you a ton of time to create a new play with hot routes.

The accelerated clock does help with this

Old 06-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #1039
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
They need to add in guys running on and off the field, taking the time to get back to the huddle, etc, but you're right on. Right now, you can call a play and get back to the LOS within 5 seconds because there is no issue with guys getting back to the huddle after the play. That ends up giving you a ton of time to create a new play with hot routes.

The accelerated clock does help with this
Yeah madden needs to at least have your offense/defensive players represented on the sideline and come on and off the field accordingly. It's faster to call a play and change your entire formation than it is to do no huddle and wait for your guys to run up to the new spot of the ball.

Personally I stopped playing head to head on Madden 12 but whenever I play CPU I play 15 min with accelerated clock to less than 15 seconds so I can't hot route the CPU to death even if I wanted to.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:07 PM   #1040
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Added Madden 15 Explaining Reach Tackles to OP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »