Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 07:40 PM   #393
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Has there been any word on weather we will be able to change the CPU team's uniforms in CFM this year?
No we have not gotten any info on CFM yet besides the small mention that they have improved practice. I'm hoping we will be able to change the CPU uniforms. I know it's not that big of a deal but it would be nice instead of seeing the same uniforms over and over again.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #394
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
No we have not gotten any info on CFM yet besides the small mention that they have improved practice. I'm hoping we will be able to change the CPU uniforms. I know it's not that big of a deal but it would be nice instead of seeing the same uniforms over and over again.
Right. Why put all of those jersey combos in the game if you will never see them for any other team but your own? I wish the AI would occasionally wear an alternate or throwback on its own. It is just another little thing that used to be in franchise mode before CFM that I wish they would bring back.

Sideshow Bob
Old 07-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #395
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Right. Why put all of those jersey combos in the game if you will never see them for any other team but your own? I wish the AI would occasionally wear an alternate or throwback on its own. It is just another little thing that used to be in franchise mode before CFM that I wish they would bring back.
I don't know why the took that out from the game. If we still can't do it this year I would hope they could do what The Show does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #396
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I don't know why the took that out from the game. If we still can't do it this year I would hope they could do what The Show does.

I don't understand any of this. I do this all the time in my CFM. Just turn on your second controller and edit the other team and then put it back to the middle and shut off the controller.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 07-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #397
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
I don't understand any of this. I do this all the time in my CFM. Just turn on your second controller and edit the other team and then put it back to the middle and shut off the controller.
I didn't know you could do that but I don't have a second controller and I'm not going to go buy one just so I can do it.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #398
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktwain77
I hope advanced stat tracking is something they focus on. Honestly, it's one of the biggest immersion issues for me in CFM.

For example, how hard would it be to have a list of SB teams/winners? They had it in previous Maddens and I think even back in the Gameday series...

Go right from SB 1 to wherever you are in your CFM. How hard is that? After you play 7-10 seasons it's neat to look back and see who won the SB each season, even if it was a CPU team.

Then, reference that in season. You're playing the defending world champs. Looking to repeat...Need to win this week to make the playoffs. That type of stuff that would take stats/records into account would be amazing, and doesn't seem that difficult/big to do.
I think it says a lot about the state of the game when we consider past SB winners to be advanced stat tracking. Sometimes I sit back and think of just how disappointing Madden is.

My hopes for stats, other than league history, is for assisted tackles to work (not likely) and CB related stats like catches allowed.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #399
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I think it says a lot about the state of the game when we consider past SB winners to be advanced stat tracking. Sometimes I sit back and think of just how disappointing Madden is.

My hopes for stats, other than league history, is for assisted tackles to work (not likely) and CB related stats like catches allowed.
I feel like the popularity of this thread is a fair barometer for how important CFM is to the core Madden gamers out there. I know there are a few apologists that think our concerns are either 'not important' or they will be alleviated simply because EA has 'shifted' resources.

The stats and the completely disconnected feeling from game to game and season to season is a legacy issue for Madden. I really want to have faith in Madden 15 and really want to play it day one. That said - I am going to wait it out and unfortunately I have a terrible feeling that offline CFM is going to be relegated to the back burner as Ultimate Team becomes the cash cow.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:45 PM   #400
Rookie

OVR: 0

Unfortunately, the lack of information thus far probably does mean not many improvements this year in CFM.

I'd like to see an option for the commissioner to reset any created/relocated teams back to their original spots in the off season.

The relocate option was nice new toy at first but for long term CFMs, this became an issue when a user left the league or switched to a different team. Now the commiss gets stuck trying to recruit a new league member to some crazy made up team that no one wants.

They should also make it where the commissioner must approve any of these type of moves to begin with. It's insane that once the option is turned on, anyone can just up and relocate and the commissioner is powerless to stop it.

I hope they at least throw us a few bones as I do firmly believe that CFM and (Online Association in NBA2K, same for all other sports games) is absolutely the central mode of the future.

On a more positive note, I'm really hoping the integrate the halftime shows and/or other ESPN type highlights well. This is long overdue and would add to the longevity and enjoyability of CFM's.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »