Home

I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

This is a discussion on I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #225
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

Yeah rob we had a good game, you were very good at adapting and just taking what I gave you. I wouldnt call you a cheeser by any means, And I think thes unfound accusations really need to stop. Someone might be looking for a game then they see one of the sensetive guys posts and might overlook someone because of that. I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but not everyone is like me, nor do I expect them to be. Leave the cheese claims for legitamate known exploits or straight quick match ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #226
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

I agree Matt. You were nasty with Horford in the post, and Crawford/joe in the midrange. You refused to give up post scoring. I remember you doubling down and forcing ball movement. We got to get more games in against each other.

Most people don't know how to play good post d, so I am sure you get people upset when you get to work on the block.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #227
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Interesting read for those who claim sim, and really don't watch or understand basketball.

Grizzlies average 99.8 points a game. 50.5 of those are points in the paint. http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...paint-per-game

Another 21.4 are on free throws. http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/...phis-grizzlies

Another 11.3 on three pointers. http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...rom-3-pointers

Those three things total 83.2 points. That leaves 16.6 points a game for close and mid range jumpers.

Some data to consider for the people who complain about PIP and inside scoring. Not every team in the NBA scores in the midrange. Some live in the paint and at the line, and others live outside the paint.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:04 AM   #228
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

you want an example of cheese, cheese is taking Rajon Rondo, and doing nothing but causing that stumble into steal every time the opposing pg takes a step. because no player is gonna stumble because they took 1 dribble and Rondo undercuts them. That is abusing an known exploit in the game. Play a quick match vs a boston user if you dont know what im talking about. Pounding the post and calling plays to set up 1 on 1 situations in the post is not cheese. Shooting turn around jumpers is not cheese. In fact these moves are very defendable and can lead to an offense getting a little predictable, thus making them easier to stop. Do some of the contested turn arounds drop anyway? Of course, do some contested mid-range and 3 pointers drop anyway? but noone is crying cheese when Danny Granger buries a shot when he was smothered. Usually I say "Damn" but think to myself, he can keep taking that shot all day, he's not gonna hit that look with regularity, and normally they don't.

Here are some post defense tips for those who feel the post game is overpowered because they are defending wrong. Double teams and trapping are your friend, the ball gets low, press LB to get some help and trap the man. If you are stuck in a 1 on 1 situation, but you have a feeling you know which way your opponent is gonna go, hold the left stick in that direction while their back is to you, this leads to an anticipation move, yes you can get burned for guessing the wrong way, but now if it was a turn around jumper, you can then y, or RT and Y for an aggressive contest. If its the post spin the move is just cut off and now the guy has no dribble and is alone down low, call a double and get those hands up to deflect the kickout pass and force the turnover.

To the few of you claiming cheese in the post game, think to yourself, How much of that last paragraph was I actually doing? The answer is most likely not much and you need to go back and practice some defense.

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 11-17-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:13 AM   #229
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I agree Matt. You were nasty with Horford in the post, and Crawford/joe in the midrange. You refused to give up post scoring. I remember you doubling down and forcing ball movement. We got to get more games in against each other.

Most people don't know how to play good post d, so I am sure you get people upset when you get to work on the block.
I just gave a good post d tutorial, The info is there, now people can use that info, or continue cry cheese because the game isnt being played to their playstyle, which my not be 100% sim in its own right, everyone can pick apart something about someones game, and say you don't see that much in the NBA.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #230
Banned

OVR: 21

Just got done with another good game against ManiacMatt, legit good sim player and a nice guy to boot!

Spoiler
Old 11-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #231
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

That Chiazzle guy, he cheeses the offensive rebounds with Noah
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #232
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
That Chiazzle guy, he cheeses the offensive rebounds with Noah
Damn I wish they did not get rid of the after game stats... wonder how many Orebs he pulled, had to be at least 5 though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online »